Why can't we get set-gear from our own ressources?

It's not great, but it's the same system in many MMOs, I would rather have tokens that are for everyone, then (if you're from pre-EC you'll get this) seeing that damn bounty hunter mainhand drop for the one merc in the group for the nth time.

tldr; find a good guild that can get you into these places, and you'll get your gear.

as i mentioned above, it's possible to buy setgear for comms in many MMOs like wow^^

but let's see, where it goes!

i think, BW will give in to the pressure of the majority sooner or later and open the setgear for comms if the ppl are whining loud enough or quit their sub! - wanna bet? ;)

W

Edited by Wolvereen

as i mentioned above, it's possible to buy setgear for comms in many MMOs like wow^^

but let's see, where it goes!

i think, BW will give in to the pressure of the majority sooner or later and open the setgear for comms if the ppl are whining loud enough or quit their sub! - wanna bet? ;)

W

You can buy setgear items in the form of Campaign gear with Classic Comms

HM FP used to drop columi enabling you to gear up for HM through HM FP, but i have to say i agree with the majority here i am pretty happy with the new setup. Having ppl gearing up in FP made a complete mess from time to time in OPS when didnt know the bosses because they never had done SM

oh really?

and what about the others?

i have done (and finished) the new 55 ops about 7-9 times and i didn't get ANY token so far!

i have proven myself being capable doing this stuff, so where's my reward??

as tank i have pulled many noobs trough ops and it was the noob, dead 2/3 of the fight, who won the token :eek:

that makes me always the fool who goes out with empty hands :mad:

so stop yelling this system is "good as it is"!!!

biowares system that relies on a lucky roll only is complete nonsens - they should part the tokens at least into some classes!

Edited by Wolvereen

You don't. You also don't need level 66 or level 69 gear, which you can get from HM FPs, if you aren't raiding, since the story modes are easily done in full 63s. So I'm confused. Is your point that we should be able to get set bonuses from flashpoints? Or that we shouldn't get 66/69 gear from flashpoints?

Whether you want set bonuses or not from flashpoints and comms isn't really relevant. This is Bioware's game and the developers will decide the loot tables and direction the game takes.

What is relevant is the fact that this is brand new expansion, and adaptations will need to be made by the players to cope and thrive with the changes. Personally I use two 63 armorings with dreadguard era PvE set bonus vice 69 armorings with no bonus. I pair this with the new two piece PvE set bonus. The net change for my operative from the old set bonuses i used (2 piece PvE/2 piece PvP) is zero.

The point of my first post is that you don't need BiS gear unless you do the hardest content. Whether that BiS is determined by having a set bonus on 72 armorings (Which it is right now) or simply beefing up the stats or adding a whole 'nother tier of gear is up to the Dev's.

The post that Karl "dug up" indicates to me that you understand that there is no reason for players to need BiS gear if they aren't raiding, but for the purposes of arguing you are ignoring your own opinion, which I find funny.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, set bonuses have been transferred to the armorings completely. I think this would have happened much sooner (era of EC and campaign gear) if it had not been a programming hurdle. I wouldn't go as far as to call shuffling armorings into new gear for set bonuses an exploit, but I don't think that non-raiding players were intended to achieve BiS by farming dailies, buying 63 gear off the GTN, and popping it into Tionese shells.

So tell me again why you need set-gear from you own 'ressources'. Since that is the title of the post after all.

You don't. You also don't need level 66 or level 69 gear...
Edited by Zombietroll
Misspoke the word 'your' instead of 'the'

it's kinda sad that we just have to rely on luck on rolling.

and the chances are quite low because every class can use the tokens.

therefore everyone will need on them because the winner can rip out the mods and use them for other slots.

with this system, I'm not entirely happy^^

you should be able to earn some set gear with comms! that would be fair

W

personally i am thrilled to see tokens now in ops. this way our GUILD runs can equip whomever needs the gear the most and not have all consular gear drop for already geared out consulars for example. this was one of the major complaints from the previous drop mechanics. classes getting drops that dont need them.

as for set bonus most are rather useless while a few are nice. none are game breaking nor must haves. a mistake was made early on in this game with the easement of obtaining end game gear and now it has been slowed down. should it be or shouldn't it be can be a matter of perception but it doesnt matter as bioware felt it was. the whining now over its difficulty is formulated by a entitlement mindset which far too many players now have. i log in, do a raid and am entitled to a reward now. perhaps pvp where the losers get rewarded created this. i dont know but it is becoming more prevalent as i read these forums.

Okay, here some clarification^^

i was talking about the new set gear, not the old ones.

you can get the new tokens only by rolling need in the new 55 ops - but everyone can join the ops via GF!

so the argument that only pro-raiders are in the new ops isn't true^^

everyone can roll on these items if he queues with GF.

the solution is to remove the GF for ops then, is it?

you can get the new tokens only by rolling need in the new 55 ops - but everyone can join the ops via GF!

What? No. That gear is fine, its 69 gear with set bonuses. Group finder for operations is a good thing not only because it brings players from separate guilds together for a common goal, but also introduces new players to accessible, moderately challenging raids. If story mode operations rewarded 72 gear with set bonuses, then I would QQ.

Also, I don't think someone needs to be a 'pro-raider' to finish HM raids. It is going to take them longer to gear up and learn the fights, but that is a fun challenge for them to overcome given time.

oh really?

i have done (and finished) the new 55 ops about 7-9 times and i didn't get ANY token so far!

as tank i have pulled many noobs trough ops and it was the noob, dead 2/3 of the fight, who won the token :eek:

biowares system that relies on a lucky roll only is complete nonsens - they should part the tokens at least into some classes!

The RNG must hate you if you've cleared S&V that much and gotten 0 of the drops.

oh really?

This is the risk associated with any pug group: you aren't guaranteed gear and that's the way of the world. The solution to that is to get an organized group or guild and work out a system of equally distributing gear. Just because you haven't gotten any set bonus tokens doesn't mean the system is broken, it means you have ****** luck.

On your last point, back in 1.1 raids DID give out gear on a per person basis, and it was completely awful. You had no control over what you won and the items had awful stats. This was terrible for guild runs where those who needed gear would often get crap and those who didn't need gear got the best stuff based on RNG.

So what was wrong with the old system where set bonuses were obtained from flashpoint gear and comms? Exactly how did it negatively impact anyone?

Remember that level 63 gear was only obtainable from raiding (and crafters, a whole other conversation), and that's what you needed to raid NiM. Now you need level 72 gear (level 69 to start doing HM Ops). Good luck getting that without raiding.

There is also no Flashpoint HM that requires gear obtainable with elite comms, but they still reward them.

If they're as easy as you say - and I agree they are pretty easy - then the set bonus is hardly a big deal and should be purchasable with comms instead of relying on rng. I'm glad we can agree on that point at least.

UnSub

what is it these days that gamers want everything on a silver plate, i want the best gear but dont wanna join the harder content.

and when your in a PUG, you gotta be lucky on your rolls.

Find a guild that has a system for loot distribution, if you want the best stuff you gotta make an effort for it or play a solo game were you can enter cheats so you will have the best stuff from lvl 1 till the end.

what is it these days that gamers want everything on a silver plate, i want the best gear but dont wanna join the harder content.

It's the entitlement generation.. they grew up with mommy telling them everyday that they were special.

They played sports where they didn't keep score and everyone got a trophy. And when they were bad they got a "time-out".

Then reality hits them when they finally move out from their mother's basement and have to get a job and realize that they really aren't a special little flower they've been led to believe their whole life... they complain if they have to put forth any effort to get a reward.

oh really?

There is a weekly lock out and the new ops haven't been out for 7 weeks... so I'm going to go ahead and call you a liar. I've seen bad strings of luck, but I doubt you ran 7 complete operations (needed on all tokens) and got zero gear. Also, join a guild and quit running with gf pugs.

No you crybaby, the solution is to join a guild and run with people you can trust instead of putting your fate into a punch of pugs.

It's the entitlement generation.. they grew up with mommy telling them everyday that they were special.

They played sports where they didn't keep score and everyone got a trophy. And when they were bad they got a "time-out".

Then reality hits them when they finally move out from their mother's basement and have to get a job and realize that they really aren't a special little flower they've been led to believe their whole life... they complain if they have to put forth any effort to get a reward.

Ohhhh how i love this statement, its the reality tv generation suck it up, join a guild, get bonus xp and get in on a fair loot rotation:.

Its the massive philosophy shift with 2.0 "Don't raid? Well **** you."

I'm more disappointed with the fact that EVERY enhancement on DPS pieces you can buy with comms are the high endurance version. I was under the impression that you got your main pieces from the raid tokens and you mixed and matched your enhancements using Comms gear.

Well seeing you can still get Verpine gear which is still 72 modded from not even entering an Operation (granted it will take a long time if not doing Ops), It actually gives those that do them something.

Do you really need the set bonus if your not raiding? The correct answer is no, so stop whining, and let those that want the Harder endgame content actually have to work and go get it, instead of handing everything out to people once you hit 55 from HM FP's.

Edited by Toraak

The reason you can not get a set bonus without raiding anymore is simple. It's what steave said. It rewards raiders with the necessary bonuses to continue completing the hardest content in the game.
Wasn't it rewarding enough when the the best gear with set bonus was only obtainable from Ops pre-2.0 (Dread Guard)? Why was it necessary to gate second-highest gear with set bonus behind Ops-wall in 2.0 as well? Not to mention that if someone is simply very unlucky with an RNG game, they may not get 'rewarded' for their raiding with gear with set bonus at all.

If anything, a better solution would be some kind of comms that can be only obtained from Ops and then exchanged for pieces with Set bonus, to bypass unfavorable results of a random token drops lottery

Edited by Pietrastor

Isn't the point of group finder to be able to achieve the same goals as those in a guild on a schedule that isn't so much the same as everyone else's?

Why have operations in the group finder if we have to do it with a guild to be rewarded for doing it in the first place?