Player rankings for pugs

A suggestion: When you finish a fp, or small heroic or op, you rate the other players based on how well you feel they performed in their specific roles. So many votes would get you to tier I then II and on up. That way, when you use the group finder people can see exactly how "experienced" you are in that role. The vote would be entirely anonymous, and something like 1-10 with 1 being worst, 10 being best.

Unfortunately it can never be implemented to actually determine who you get grouped with. Bad players being grouped with other bad players is a recipe for people quitting the game. It's much easier to stick a bad player in a group of awesome people so you know they can be easily carried through the content.

It may also dissuade people from accepting a queue pop if they come across, say, my vanguard alt, who has tanked all of 3 hardmodes, but I'm extremely experienced tanking in tor, so his rating wouldn't necessarily reflect my level of skill at my role.

I would love to see something like challenge modes or personal achievements for completion times on fp's or something that other players could compete for. Or, make it determined by legacy so every toon you play on contributes to your "score" or something.

Of course, if other players did the voting themselves, it opens the floor for that one person who hates you, or felt like being an *** for the day, downvoting people for no reason. I'd prefer a value calculated by the system based on my performance.

Edited by CyberTronX

i now inspect achievments..if i see he has more than 1% in every fp or operation there is something to work with.

and personally, but doesn't really matter, i watch valor too. at least someone who has >40 valor on a char knows his class, then there are alts, there are pve toons and players..but for that now i repeat i watch achievments

A public ranking isn't going to be any good; players will just vote up for their friends and guildmates and vote down for whoever is new to that specific flashpoint and fail performing perfectly. Ironically will also vote down for those having vote kicked them out.

It might be better to have a private ranking. When you leave the flashpoint, you might be asked if *you* liked to play with a player or not. The ranking would tip the group finder when *you* are looking for a group.

Edited by Nkya

It might be better to have a private ranking. When you leave the flashpoint, you might be asked if *you* liked to play with a player or not. The ranking would tip the group finder when *you* are looking for a group.

That's already in place via the Ignore/Friend list. Meet someone in an FP that you never want to group with again = Ignore.

A suggestion: When you finish a fp, or small heroic or op, you rate the other players based on how well you feel they performed in their specific roles. So many votes would get you to tier I then II and on up. That way, when you use the group finder people can see exactly how "experienced" you are in that role. The vote would be entirely anonymous, and something like 1-10 with 1 being worst, 10 being best.

It will be abused by guilds that will create guildrules to max vote for guildmembers you team up with.

Sadly this will not serve any purpose in the end, it is a good suggestion though

Edited by Icestar

No thanks. A system like that would be way too easy to abuse.

Not only that. Even without abuse, new players with their new 55s will be easy targets for blame and abuse.

Let's keep the e-peens where they belong: in the minds of those who hold them. Game puts an actual number to make it shine for everybody to see, recipe for disaster.

This sounds like a terrible idea. It would be abused and would end up discouraging players from queueing while offering no actual benefits to anyone.

You can already be an exclusionary jerk, but don't ask for the game mechanics to incorporate that. That's just poor design.

That's already in place via the Ignore/Friend list. Meet someone in an FP that you never want to group with again = Ignore.

I think there is a big difference between "not liking" how someone plays and "never wanting to play with them again". One of the intents of the OP is to help players progress in their ability to fulfill their roles. Sometimes a person might just want to do a quick FP, another time a person might be into helping others do well at the game.

It will be abused by guilds that will create guildrules to max vote for guildmembers you team up with.

Sadly this will not serve any purpose in the end, it is a good suggestion though

Guilds large enough to have a significant impact trough that are also generally gonna be organized enough to have people that can teach their members how to do all the PUGable content, but even then it just wouldn't work for the other reasons stated here.