release patch 1.2 in parts

wyvernmonarch

instead of waiting for the full 1.2 to be available for launch. patch in new upgrades as they become tested and ready (for example if the new warzone is ready for play, release it), or the new operation, or whatever comes first.

I am by no means suggesting releasing a bug-filled patch, but if a component part of 1.2 is tested and ready for public release, I think we should have that immediately and while we enjoy that content, bioware has more time to complete other parts of the project. everyone wins

Edited by wyvernmonarch

instead of waiting for the full 1.2 to be available for launch. patch in new upgrades as they become tested and ready (for example if the new warzone is ready for play, release it), or the new operation, or whatever comes first.

no they need to make a big boom so everyone will sub again,then work on patch 1.3

It's PR. It looks better if they offer one feature rich release with a cherry on top, instead of diluting all the nice features through lesser patches that not many people will see.

It's all PR. It looks "good" when they bring out something big, and make a huge fuss about it.

For every person who says "release it as it's ready so I can play it sooner" there will be at least one person who says "stop making me download patches and updates every other day. Just save everything and put it into one big patch."

Aside from that, they've already put a lot of marketing behind the "full 1.2 patch in early April" concept. There's no way they'll change that now.

Early April and it has not even hit the test server yet? I guess it really doesn't matter if it hit test as they have no way of copying your toon from live to test so there are a precious few if any higher level toons that are testing the end game content.

Prepare for tons of bugs.