No Guild Conquest Rewards

Exly

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that if our guilds met the new point totals we would get conquest rewards. I have logged into two characters now, and no rewards.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it sure is disappointing.

I got the reward only on the char who hits the new target of 50.000 - if this is not a bug it#s a great lie of Mr. Musco

Hence why I REQUESTED Eric clarify on that post last Thurs, but he did not. And it was left to speculation & interpretation of the players. THAT WAY the studio could be like "Oh no, we said this." and not have to give out rewards. IF Eric had clarified it that we get rewards at 15k when guild hit's goal, they'd have to be issuing a ton of rewards. *smh* Sad.

I'm fairly certain Musco did in fact say guild rewards would be triggered by hitting last weeks personal targets, with the guild getting this weeks target.

I would like to say I'm surprised, but as this is the very first thing I was looking for on log in, it is an extremely disappointing way to start this expansion.

Edited by Beldamon

Same situation here, hope that Bio can fix it through tickets or some automatic process because Musco gave wrong info and many people didnt grind on all toons.

They probably aren't going to do anything because they did the complete "legal liability" crap thing where it could be read EITHER way. Players could take either which way & they didn't clarify it...Very poor on their part.

I know a lot of people who put in a lot of effort to get to the new guild target that will be upset at not getting the rewards like -eric said we would.

^For sure!

But I don't see the studio doing anything because Eric wasn't even sure when he wrote it, it didn't seem like.

^For sure!

But I don't see the studio doing anything because Eric wasn't even sure when he wrote it, it didn't seem like.

Oh I sadly agree. Just because out behaviour may have been informed by their community manager's own words doesn't mean that they are remotely likely to take any responsibility. Their past responses have shown that in plenty. I'm remembering now why I stayed unsubbed so long previously. lol.

Alas...maybe the expansion is good enough to make me quickly forget this.

edit - Oops, it looks like I stand corrected!

Edited by Beldamon

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are seeing the same that you are reporting here. We are looking into an automated solution to get your rewards so hold tight, you don't need to submit a CS ticket at this time. I will report back when I have more info.

-eric

On the "Developer Tracker" thread, Eric said (10.17.2019, 09:54 PM)

"My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number."

So it was not a definitive answer.

It was to be suspicious. If the devs can't have an exception for Week 1 and grant the guilds a reward for meeting the old numbers (170k, 550k and ~1M), then they can't have an exception for Week 1 to grant players a reward for meeting the old number (15k).

On the "Developer Tracker" thread, Eric said (10.17.2019, 09:54 PM)

It was to be suspicious. If the devs can't have an exception for Week 1 and grant the guilds a reward for meeting the old numbers (170k, 550k and ~1M), then they can't have an exception for Week 1 to grant players a reward for meeting the old number (15k).

Exactly. It was a very confusing answer.

I just think BW needs to say "sorry here, all toons get rewards." won't hurt them. Just throw everyone a nicety. lol

Well, it did spread through the game, guilds I was in had it in the MOTD - cap all toons.

Maybe it would've been fair to only grant the old rewards (obsolete as they are) on server reset time, pushing conquest time, but what's done is done. Hopefully the DBAs can retroactively grant the players the guild rewards. It would suck otherwise for players who spread their GQ across the legacy following the information.

The whole situation is screwed up because they changed the rules after the game (conquest) had already started and didn't make any sort of in-game or launcher announcement to try to get the word out as much as possible. Every time I posted about this in chat I had people thanking me for letting them know because they had no idea. BW should not be surprised if CS gets flooded with people who are rightly ticked off because they met their invasion target based upon the numbers that were in game and feel, rightly so, that they were screwed out of their guild conquest rewards.

This is a perfect example of people NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

For the last four people who replied to this thread, SCROLL UP AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IT'S A BUG AND THEY ARE WORKING ON GETTING IT FIXED.

Then please CALM DOWN.

If you included me in that then maybe you didn't pay attention to the fact that even though you selected a small yield because your guild could hit 170k points, you're not going to get anything unless your guild got to 550k points. Same with medium yield and large yield. You may have selected an invasion because of the point yields as they have been and that were reported in-game, but unless you hit the new yield targets, while earning points as they were pre-6.0, then you get nothing. Or as Gene Wilder put it:

"So you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!"

If you included me in that then maybe you didn't pay attention to the fact that even though you selected a small yield because your guild could hit 170k points, you're not going to get anything unless your guild got to 550k points. Same with medium yield and large yield. You may have selected an invasion because of the point yields as they have been and that were reported in-game, but unless you hit the new yield targets, while earning points as they were pre-6.0, then you get nothing. Or as Gene Wilder put it:

"So you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!"

Yes, but we knew that already.

His complaint is that we didn't know it prior to planet invasions. It is plain and simple, even if they had posted a warning in the dev thread days before it was time to invade, half the guilds wouldn't have read it in time. But the fact that they didn't give warning about it AT ALL until AFTER invasion, it is extremely poor customer service not to find a way to send everyone the rewards who made the old planet minimums. I mean seriously, this isn't a guild leadership mistake, it is a game designer mistake that they didn't build a solution into the update.

Did we?

My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.

-eric

My understanding was it didn't matter what the guild did, if we met 15k we got the new rewards. Most of my characters stopped around 15k or higher. Only one was over 50k.

Edited by Zerileth

Unless I am mistaken, it is -eric's job to communicate information to us as the community manager.

To do that job, he should make every reasonable effort to get us good and timely information, and then deliver that information to us.

If he is given bad information, what he says should still matter, and any company dedicated to good customer service would make good on what they had their representative say.

The question that remains to be seen, is just how good is their customer service?