Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling

Theres also Shadow Stormtroopers, Storm Commandos, Terror Troopers, Storm Commanders(which were the equivalent to the ARC Commandos of the Clone Wars). MasterMe, you keep saying Vitiate has SF and while the SE has SF there is no detail of what those SF consist of. Lets take a look at a few of the GE's SF.

===========

Phase Zero Dark Trooper= Aged clone vets who have had their body parts replaced with cybernetics(some over 70% of their body) , with their experience plus their bodies they were deadly and effective. They carried Blast Cannons, SE-14r light repeating blasters and thermal detonators, also having a jump pack to move much more quickly.

Phase 2 Dark Trooper= Droid with reinforced phrik body, jump pack, an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma rounds and 20 missiles before reloading, it also had a deflector shield. A small number of these destroyed a Rebel base on Talay.

Phase 3 Dark Trooper= Dwarfing the Phase 2, the Phase 3 was sometimes known as a bipedal tank, with its amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability and initiative combined with resilience and heavy firepower of a heavy droid. The exhoskeleton provided the wearer with increased durability, firepower and strength it coming equipped with a handheld assault cannon and two shoulder mounted missile launchers. They were issued frag grenades, thermal detonators and concussion grenades, their armor was made of the nearly indestructible phrik metal.

Some were also equipped with integrated weapons, including a pair of dual blaster cannons and 6 PLEX rocket tubes under the shoulder plates 3 per shoulder.

Shadow Stormtroopers= Elite Stormtroopers with black stormtrooper experimental cloaking armor which aloud them to disappear within any environment. They used this technology, to surround the enemy before they even had time to mount a defense, the armor was also laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to energy and physical attacks. These were successors to the clone shadow trooper from the Clone Wars.

Storm Commandos= Expert in guerrilla tactics and countering them, they were also involved in siege breaking, sabotage, and even Base Zero Delta operations against hard targets(complete destruction basically). Their armor was black scout armor, though reinforced with reflec which deflected light and sensor energy which made them invisible to all but the most determined of scans. The armor also included a sound dampener, numerous concesled weapons, and a thermal detonator that a commando could use if faced with capture.

They were also sometimes known to use Evasive-226-R field disruptors, which were advanced versions in disrupting defensive energy fields. Their main weapon was the E-11 rifle, but they also have used the Oppressor flame thrower and the Imperial long-range rocket rifle.

Stormtrooper Commander= Descendants of the ARC trooper during the Clone Wars, the commanders were treated as a special forces unit and the most elite warriors in the military. Their commitment to the Empire was so great, they would fight no matter the condition until death. Their armor had a built-in shield generator, which protected them from just about any attack including some Force based attacks, they were also armed with handheld blaster cannons equipped also with a powerful stun setting.

Emperor Shadow Guard= Silent and enigmatic warriors who took orders only from Palpatine himself, they were often sent to eliminate suspected jedi and other Force Users. They also demonstrated Force Powers of their own, capable of using Force lightning, Force Repulse, Force Choke and Force Maelstrom, though they were so strong in the Force. Their armor provided them a great deal of protection, and their primary weapon was the lightsaber pike but they did also have a heavy blaster pistol and a utility belt with a medpac, comlink(long range and holo capacity.)

Imperial Sovereign Protector= These were among the most elite in the guardsmen, only the best of the best were chosen. Extreme standards were set for combat fitness, stamina, strength, mental acuity, reaction time, loyalty and intelligence. They also received rudimentary training in using The Force, although not enough to stroke independence or ambition, the most exceptional were trained as Dark Jedi.

========

So really...what are the Sith Empire's Special Forces? You keep saying that they have SF MasterMe, and they do...but how do they stack up against those?

Excellent post Wolf, I didn't know half of that, very informative.

Edit: 100th poster. :p

Edited by Rayla_Felana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres also Shadow Stormtroopers, Storm Commandos, Terror Troopers, Storm Commanders(which were the equivalent to the ARC Commandos of the Clone Wars). MasterMe, you keep saying Vitiate has SF and while the SE has SF there is no detail of what those SF consist of. Lets take a look at a few of the GE's SF.

===========

Phase Zero Dark Trooper= Aged clone vets who have had their body parts replaced with cybernetics(some over 70% of their body) , with their experience plus their bodies they were deadly and effective. They carried Blast Cannons, SE-14r light repeating blasters and thermal detonators, also having a jump pack to move much more quickly.

Phase 2 Dark Trooper= Droid with reinforced phrik body, jump pack, an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma rounds and 20 missiles before reloading, it also had a deflector shield. A small number of these destroyed a Rebel base on Talay.

Phase 3 Dark Trooper= Dwarfing the Phase 2, the Phase 3 was sometimes known as a bipedal tank, with its amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability and initiative combined with resilience and heavy firepower of a heavy droid. The exhoskeleton provided the wearer with increased durability, firepower and strength it coming equipped with a handheld assault cannon and two shoulder mounted missile launchers. They were issued frag grenades, thermal detonators and concussion grenades, their armor was made of the nearly indestructible phrik metal.

Some were also equipped with integrated weapons, including a pair of dual blaster cannons and 6 PLEX rocket tubes under the shoulder plates 3 per shoulder.

Shadow Stormtroopers= Elite Stormtroopers with black stormtrooper experimental cloaking armor which aloud them to disappear within any environment. They used this technology, to surround the enemy before they even had time to mount a defense, the armor was also laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to energy and physical attacks. These were successors to the clone shadow trooper from the Clone Wars.

Storm Commandos= Expert in guerrilla tactics and countering them, they were also involved in siege breaking, sabotage, and even Base Zero Delta operations against hard targets(complete destruction basically). Their armor was black scout armor, though reinforced with reflec which deflected light and sensor energy which made them invisible to all but the most determined of scans. The armor also included a sound dampener, numerous concesled weapons, and a thermal detonator that a commando could use if faced with capture.

They were also sometimes known to use Evasive-226-R field disruptors, which were advanced versions in disrupting defensive energy fields. Their main weapon was the E-11 rifle, but they also have used the Oppressor flame thrower and the Imperial long-range rocket rifle.

Stormtrooper Commander= Descendants of the ARC trooper during the Clone Wars, the commanders were treated as a special forces unit and the most elite warriors in the military. Their commitment to the Empire was so great, they would fight no matter the condition until death. Their armor had a built-in shield generator, which protected them from just about any attack including some Force based attacks, they were also armed with handheld blaster cannons equipped also with a powerful stun setting.

Emperor Shadow Guard= Silent and enigmatic warriors who took orders only from Palpatine himself, they were often sent to eliminate suspected jedi and other Force Users. They also demonstrated Force Powers of their own, capable of using Force lightning, Force Repulse, Force Choke and Force Maelstrom, though they were so strong in the Force. Their armor provided them a great deal of protection, and their primary weapon was the lightsaber pike but they did also have a heavy blaster pistol and a utility belt with a medpac, comlink(long range and holo capacity.)

Imperial Sovereign Protector= These were among the most elite in the guardsmen, only the best of the best were chosen. Extreme standards were set for combat fitness, stamina, strength, mental acuity, reaction time, loyalty and intelligence. They also received rudimentary training in using The Force, although not enough to stroke independence or ambition, the most exceptional were trained as Dark Jedi.

========

So really...what are the Sith Empire's Special Forces? You keep saying that they have SF MasterMe, and they do...but how do they stack up against those?

Its a mystery why the Empire didn't use these against those pesky Ewoks :D

But seriously, very interesting. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this subject - but what about numbers? No doubt any of these SF could rival Sith, especially in numbers. But do they have the numbers to tackle every Sith in the Empire? Cause lets face it your average Stormtrooper is going to be nothing short of bantha fodder for the Sith.

At a minimum there were 30 Super Star Destroyers, at the height of Imperial power, they would undeniably change the course of any battle, especially if it is the Executor with Death Squadron.

Also the Ravager was deemed basically unusable because you yourself stated because Nihilus wasn't a part of the Revan vs Traya a battle, then it doesn't have the same effectiveness as if Nihilus was commanding it, I think it is only fair the same applies here.

Your correct here, I must admit. But even without Karrid its still a formidable weapon - and its perfectly plausible to say another Sith could pilot it, so I don't think this decreases its abilities very much.

Your correct here, I must admit. But even without Karrid its still a formidable weapon - and its perfectly plausible to say another Sith could pilot it, so I don't think this decreases its abilities very much.

I think it does lose the knowledge and experience that Karrid had commanding it, at least IMO.

Excellent post Wolf, I didn't know half of that, very informative.

Edit: 100th poster. :p

I agree. I only knew of the Dark Troopers, some commando units and the Shadow Guard and Sovereign Protectors. In my opinion, the SE is just completely outmatched. Sure the Sith will be able to do some good, but the guys Wolf mentioned will turn the tide.

Didn't even notice how quickly the post count was going. Usually only see this on a Revan thread lol. :)

But seriously, very interesting. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this subject - but what about numbers? No doubt any of these SF could rival Sith, especially in numbers. But do they have the numbers to tackle every Sith in the Empire? Cause lets face it your average Stormtrooper is going to be nothing short of bantha fodder for the Sith.

Arrogance on the Emperor's part perhaps? :p

In this case, numbers aren't everything. Look at the Phase 3 Dark Trooper. Those things are walking tanks. I have no doubt just one of those could take out quite a few Sith. I'm sure the Sith's precognitive abilities will help in dealing with the Shadow Troopers, but would it do so in the heat of battle? We could see an Order 66-esque deal with the Shadow Troopers involved.

As for Karrid. I think the ship's capabilities might be decreased, but not too badly. I'm thinking the Executor and sheer number of SSD's and Battlecruisers (Praetor and such) would be more than enough to overwhelm the Spear and the SE fleet.

It was just a strikeforce on Endor, and the Emperor sent his best legion there. But anyway to your question, the numbers they are never really specified. The Dark Phase 3 were only created in small numbers, though only due to cause Kyle Katarn shut it down...and seeing as these two factions are at full power they could just crank out a lot of Dark Phase 3 troopers.

A unit of Storm Commandos could go from 4 to 40 in strength, so take that as you will. All in all, the numbers are never really specified but seeing as both sides are at full strength and no outside involvement(meaning the Alliance never existed) then they could proceed with their Dark Trooper program. The Imperial Guard, could also do some damage too there are some notable members that have done some crazy things.

IE: Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax as examples of an Imperial Guardsmen/Soveregin Protector

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As for Karrid. I think the ship's capabilities might be decreased, but not too badly. I'm thinking the Executor and sheer number of SSD's and Battlecruisers (Praetor and such) would be more than enough to overwhelm the Spear and the SE fleet.

I would be so sure. The Executor is massive compared to the Ascendant Spear which is around the same size as a Star Destroyer. And with over 5,000 turbolasers the Spear is kinda outgunned... However, the Spear has a huge advantage in terms of maneuverability. The Spear had a class 0.5 hyper-drive with 0 being the fastest and 6 being the slowest. While the Executor had a standard Class 2 and was a lot bigger anyway which would further impede its movement - basically its gonna be stock still in any fight. So that Spear can literally run rings around the Executor. (Consider this, the Spear has the same hyperdrive as the Millenium Falcon which made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parasecs :D) It could easily dodge and avoid the Executor's attacks while making precise and hard hitting attacks like in the Battle of Endor and take down the Executor's shields - then all it takes is one blast at the command tower to take that thing down.

However the Spear would probably have the whole of Death Squadron to contend with... however 1v1 the Star Destroyers don't stand a chance, or any other ships. So all it takes is a bunch of Harrowers to keep them busy and the Spear can literally cleave its way to the Executor. But that's just my opinion.

I would be so sure. The Executor is massive compared to the Ascendant Spear which is around the same size as a Star Destroyer. And with over 5,000 turbolasers the Spear is kinda outgunned... However, the Spear has a huge advantage in terms of maneuverability. The Spear had a class 0.5 hyper-drive with 0 being the fastest and 6 being the slowest. While the Executor had a standard Class 2 and was a lot bigger anyway which would further impede its movement - basically its gonna be stock still in any fight. So that Spear can literally run rings around the Executor. (Consider this, the Spear has the same hyperdrive as the Millenium Falcon which made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parasecs :D) It could easily dodge and avoid the Executor's attacks while making precise and hard hitting attacks like in the Battle of Endor and take down the Executor's shields - then all it takes is one blast at the command tower to take that thing down.

However the Spear would probably have the whole of Death Squadron to contend with... however 1v1 the Star Destroyers don't stand a chance, or any other ships. So all it takes is a bunch of Harrowers to keep them busy and the Spear can literally cleave its way to the Executor. But that's just my opinion.

Tractor Beam? It might be able to maneuver away from the tractor beams, but the Executor and other Star Destroyers have quite a few tractor beams. And the Spear is bigger than the Falcon so it won't be as maneuverable as the Falcon.

It may be able to do some damage, but Death Squadron would handle the Spear just fine, imo.

Tractor Beam? It might be able to maneuver away from the tractor beams, but the Executor and other Star Destroyers have quite a few tractor beams. And the Spear is bigger than the Falcon so it won't be as maneuverable as the Falcon.

It may be able to do some damage, but Death Squadron would handle the Spear just fine, imo.

Good point, however I think the Spear could avoid/escape the tractor beam long enough to destroy it. And if any other ship tried to use theirs they would be blown to pieces with a couple of shots. Only a lunatic would use a weapon on the Spear that pulls it in close range and keeps it there. Most likely they'd be running away and keeping their distance :D That's a point, Death Squadron would keep their distance - probably having faith in the Executor to take the Spear out personally, or at least keep it busy so they could move back in. However the SE fleet could keep them at bay once they flee.

This may not seem such a major argument here in the big picture. But consider that if the Spear destroys the Executor, it will be impossible to stop by conventional means (boarding party etc will be the only way to take it down) And the same applies for the Executor if it wins.

Hey, another thought. Put the Dread Masters on the Ascendant Spear! Ultimate combination!

Good point, however I think the Spear could avoid/escape the tractor beam long enough to destroy it. And if any other ship tried to use theirs they would be blown to pieces with a couple of shots. Only a lunatic would use a weapon on the Spear that pulls it in close range and keeps it there. Most likely they'd be running away and keeping their distance :D That's a point, Death Squadron would keep their distance - probably having faith in the Executor to take the Spear out personally, or at least keep it busy so they could move back in. However the SE fleet could keep them at bay once they flee.

This may not seem such a major argument here in the big picture. But consider that if the Spear destroys the Executor, it will be impossible to stop by conventional means (boarding party etc will be the only way to take it down) And the same applies for the Executor if it wins.

Hey, another thought. Put the Dread Masters on the Ascendant Spear! Ultimate combination!

That's a good point, but I think Death Squadron would take a more active approach to the battle.

I wouldn't say losing the Executor is that big of a loss. The Galactic Empire has quite a few Executor-class SSD's.

I don't know how effective the Dread Master's fear abilities would be against Sidious' Battle Meditation. The will of the Dread Masters vs. the will of the greatest Sith Lord ever!

Does the Spear even have any stats on what it carries? Cause from what I looked up, its bare bones and if we go by that its modified from a Terminus-class destroyer, it gets utterly destroyed total its fighter complement is only 16. Its fast yes, but only in hyperspace travel how fast is it combat wise? Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The G-Empire can only do so much with Stormtroopers and Walkers. Without Vader to counter the Force Users, they'll get decimated. And without Super Weapons, well...that might actually make the battle last longer, since the Sith Empire has about five times as many Super Weapons as the G-Empire ever did.

I cant remember the name of it, but Sidious had a giant complex in the middle of a bunch of Black Holes, that was completely dedicated to creating super weapons. He had a ton of them in this area (including a mini Death Star). However, this doesnt matter as Superweapons are out. I give it to Emperor Palpatine. Most powerful Canon Sith ever. He has thousands of troops, a giant fleet, a super apprentice (well, maybe not, but that doesnt really matter, Vaders still powerful). Palps was a super manipulator (he probably manipulated Plagueis for years before he drugged and killed him), plus he was able to defeat 4 Jedi Council members (face it, prbly the only reason he didnt just wipe the floor with them was cause he needed Anakin as an apprentice).

Now, we look at Vitiate, he may have had many Hands, Voices, and a Wrath, he could live for thousands of years, but Beni has said that once theyre dead, theyre dead. vs Sidious, in a 1 on 1 fight, Sidious' Force Lightning, plus knowledge of many lightsaber styles, would give him an obvious advantage. He could also make up Force Abilities as he pleased, and he had the ability to create Force Storms and Black Holes.

My vote goes to Sidious. Not quite hands down, but close.

There is a major factor you are forgetting here - Jedi. This pratically puts a Sith invasion force on par with a Republic force as they have Jedi to meet the Sith. However in this instance Sidious does not have such an advantage.

And don't forget everyone, the Sith Emperor has the Emperor's Guard

How does the Emperor's Guard match up against Shadow Troopers/Shadow Guard/Imperial Guard I wonder?

Probably fairly evenly matched, quite a few of Sidious's Guard would have been capable of taking down or seriously slowing down a Jedi in a 1 vs 1.

Galen Marek, was trained by Darth Vader, and was ridiculously gifted with the Force, I don't think a run of the mill Sith in the Sith Empire could have done nearly as well.

Probably fairly evenly matched, quite a few of Sidious's Guard would have been capable of taking down or seriously slowing down a Jedi in a 1 vs 1.

Galen Marek, was trained by Darth Vader, and was ridiculously gifted with the Force, I don't think a run of the mill Sith in the Sith Empire could have done nearly as well.

Nope, especially not against a Shadow or Soveregin Protector.

Nope, especially not against a Shadow or Soveregin Protector.

You're seriously underestimating Palpatine's Royal Guards...

Another fact, a key thing to realize is that like most TIEs, Sith Empire's Star Fighters didn't really have any shielding.

Near the time of Return of the Jedi, the Empire developed the TIE Defender, which had shields and hyperdrives, these fighters could go head to head against a B-Wing, yet were about as maneuverable as an A-Wing.

Sorry, but if we want to drag space combat back into this, the Sith Empire is just simply outmatched.

You're seriously underestimating Palpatine's Royal Guards...

Another fact, a key thing to realize is that like most TIEs, Sith Empire's Star Fighters didn't really have any shielding.

Near the time of Return of the Jedi, the Empire developed the TIE Defender, which had shields and hyperdrives, these fighters could go head to head against a B-Wing, yet were about as maneuverable as an A-Wing.

Sorry, but if we want to drag space combat back into this, the Sith Empire is just simply outmatched.

?? When did I underestimate Palpatine's Guard? The Shadow Guard and Soveregin are apart of his Guard.

So has anyone considered Fatality and its cargo? Canonically it was under SE's control and going by what HK-51 tells the players, if the HKs were activated (and remember, there was an entire legion of them inside), they would win the war in a matter of few years simply by assassinating key players. As powerful as Palpatine is, I doubt he could do much after every high-ranking commander got blown up. Edited by gibmachine

Question: Are we including the ability for both sides to potentially increase the size of their forces by production and conscription or are we going off what they had at the height of their power and then they have only that to work with?

If the first, then Sidious wins by sheer attrition, 1 sith > 100 troopers but Sidious can replace troopers faster. On top of this, I feel (baring some special mass production on the part of the SE ala Star Forge) the GE does have the edge in naval production. Sidious, as long as he plays it smart, can just wear down the SE and slowly beat it to death.

If the second, the odds are hugely evened. The GE's Quantity over Quality is now hampered and the SE sith will quickly start to take their toll. As long as the SE keeps the fighting spread out (preventing the GE from bringing several SSD's or a large fleet of SD I's and II's to bear) the SE's better Quality in terms of Sith and troops will win. I can also see Sith from the SE boarding GE ships and capturing them in many smaller engagements. We see far more instances of boarding action in SWTOR, and with Sith that would count hugely in the SE's favor. If the SE whittles Sidious down enough, they just slag whatever planet or ship Sidious is on, eliminating a 1v1 fight that Sidious would certainly win.

Might I also suggest we eliminate Special Forces beyond the personal Emperor's Guard for each side as trying to compare them and Sith (as they've never fought OR Sith or anything easily equatable) is pointless as we have little to no baseline. I'd say the GE's counter to Sith is their sheer numbers.

Question: Are we including the ability for both sides to potentially increase the size of their forces by production and conscription or are we going off what they had at the height of their power and then they have only that to work with?

Yes, anything goes (well almost anything)

Does the Spear even have any stats on what it carries? Cause from what I looked up, its bare bones and if we go by that its modified from a Terminus-class destroyer, it gets utterly destroyed total its fighter complement is only 16. Its fast yes, but only in hyperspace travel how fast is it combat wise?

Modified doesn't do it justice. The Terminus-class destroyer you may have noticed is 500 metres. The Ascendant Spear is 1600 metres. So thats twice the size of a Harrower and the same size as an Imperial Star Destroyer. To estimate its capacities I'd say probably twice as much as a Harrower so 254 fighters/bombers. Not that that really matters as the Spear's abilities do not lie in its fighter capacity and other ships will provide fighters anyway. It's strength lies in its ability to destroy a Star Destroyer with a volley of turbolaser fire, literally.

I assume hyperdrive speed has some sort of bearing on general speed as in the Annihilation novel it's super fast and super maneuverable. Fast enough to actually avoid fighter attacks.

That's a good point, but I think Death Squadron would take a more active approach to the battle.

I wouldn't say losing the Executor is that big of a loss. The Galactic Empire has quite a few Executor-class SSD's.

I don't know how effective the Dread Master's fear abilities would be against Sidious' Battle Meditation. The will of the Dread Masters vs. the will of the greatest Sith Lord ever!

Of course, but they'd have no choice to hold back in this one. I expect they'd send as many TIE-fighters as they could into battle however.

And thats a good point, how does a normal SSD match up to the Executor though? I assumed the Executor was some how elite... even so, its more of a morale thing if anything. The Executor is the most powerful ship in the Imperial Navy (minus the Eclipse) and the figure head of Death Squadron. Losing it will make the Empire seem weak and incapable, especially in terms of the Ascendant Spear - which will come to represent death and fear - especially with the Dread Masters at its head.

As for Dread Masters vs Battle Meditation. I think its an obivous victory for the Dread Masters. I mean I questioned the credibility of this 'battle meditation' before. The only mention I can find of it is at the Battle of Endor. Nowhere does it say it was galaxy wide. Which is pretty impossible to do even for Palpatine. I mean who can maintain an effective and powerful (and it would have too be powerful to resist the Dread Masters who mastered the gosh darn* Phobis devices!!) battle meditation on a galatic-scale subconsciously and without even using a battle meditation sphere?! I mean are you telling me Palpatine could be doing his paperwork in his office on Coruscant, or hosting the festival of light on Naboo, while boosting the morale of some stromtroopers on Tatooine and some fighter pilots over some far flung asteroid field. And where not talking subtle battle meditation here, were talking full scale mind control! If Palpatine is really that powerful why didn't he just brainwash the Senate into making him Emperor from the word go? And then call down the powers of the Almighty to vaporise the entire Jedi Order across the galaxy?! Its my belief that Palpatine's Battle Meditation is like any other - it takes concentration and can only be exerted on one field of battle, which he is present in. For example the Battle of Endor, which is why the Empire started losing when he probably broke concentration when confronting Luke - and after his death.

Apologies for the rant but I have a personal disdain for post-ROTJ overpowering - and this is what it looks like to me...

*why does SWTOR keep changing g-o-d d-a-m-n to gosh darn?! I call political correctness! gosh darn it! :p

Edited by Beniboybling

I think people are underestimating the power of Death Squadron, it wasn't just some gathering of ships that Vader through together, it was at minimum the Executor, the Avenger(Which itself was modified to be an all-out assault Destroyer with 20 more of both heavy and regular Turbolasers) and three other IMP IIs, an Interdictor which stops ships from jumping to hyperspace and last but not least, they have a Victory II class SD, which was very quick and served as their scout ship, it didn't just have 20 double-heavy turbolaser batteries, it had 30 Double-heavy turbolaser cannons instead.

And also, no, Beni, it was constant and galaxy-wide, it was why the Empire was so damned efficient, as soon as he died at Endor, the Empire lost cohesion and co-operation, the crews of the ships at Endor just froze, it took years for the Imperial Remnant to find even nearly as much cohesion and it lost them most of the galaxy to the New Republic.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

And also, no, Beni, it was constant and galaxy-wide, it was why the Empire was so damned efficient, as soon as he died at Endor, the Empire lost cohesion and co-operation, the crews of the ships at Endor just froze, it took years for the Imperial Remnant to find even nearly as much cohesion and it lost them most of the galaxy to the New Republic.

Efficiency and coordination only get you so far. They are useless when your mind gets obliterated which is what Dread Masters do.

I remain deeply suspicious. I just don't see how Sidious could maintain galaxy wide battle meditation without even being in a meditation sphere or actively meditating at all. The only way I see it working is if it is a subtle, constant force which amplifies efficiency, coordination and maintains confidence (rather than boosting morale) - which while not being as powerful as say Bastila's battle meditation of Kaan's does turn the stormtroopers into efficient killing machines, basically droids but a lot smarter. Is this the case? If it is it gives them an advantage or rather removes a Sith advantage as they won't be phased by Sith in battle. But even so, surely Sidious has too be actively in meditation to maintain it? It just seems to fly in the face of everything we know about the Force...

However if this is the case they won't be able to resist the Dread Masters unless Sidious is actually there on the battlefield and using the full power of his battle meditation.

IMO the Ascendant Spear with its own fleet of Harrower's beats the Executor - once the Executor is down Death Squadron is bantha fodder. However, after that the Spear will only last so long. The Empire will realise it as a threat both to morale and naval superiority (as well as a chance to take out the Dread Masters) and throw everything they've got at destroying it. Sure it could probably survive several confrontations with SD and SSD's (if it begins to lose it can just hyperspace jump outta there). But the Empire will get smart pretty quick and star using Interdictors and then throw everything they've got at it. Or Mara Jade or another infiltrator could board the ship and destroy it from the inside. Plan A is probably better though as the ship is notoriously hard to slice and the Dread Masters will probably sense any intruders and drive them insane...

Once the Spear is destroyed and perhaps the Dread Masters with them the SE will lose a considerable space advantage. The GE will take heavy losses - but as you guys have proven, they can afford to.

Another thought however, the Spear could be used to cripple the GE's shipyards at Kuat etc before the Empire could react - which would limit their production and swing the battle in the SE favour. Just a thought.

Efficiency and coordination only get you so far. They are useless when your mind gets obliterated which is what Dread Masters do.

Considering they are motivated by the will of the most powerful Sith ever, then I disagree, as I personally believe the true Emperor here could turn the Dread Masters to his will, as the only reason they followed Vitiate was his power, considering Sidious is much more powerful, indeed he is in-fact a Dark Side nexus, then he can turn one of Vitiate's most potent weapons and their 'Ascendant Spear' all at once.

I think Sidious would be more careful than just all-out attrition based war, instead he would convert the most powerful of Vitiate's subjects to his will and use the Sith Emperor's own subjects to defeat him and then either use them to their full extent or Order 66 them.