Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

RedKubrick

Ya know my brother in law learned how to do that in the Marines. Haha! But seriously...

ON the subject of not being able to force leap, Guardians/Sentinels can't force leap either if you kite them at the minimum range of force leap. The best Commandos/Bounty Hunters on my server do that to stay alive. They are INCREDIBLY annoying, but in a good way. Because better players make me a better player.

The Mercs that I absolutely maul are the ones that stand there and go *pew pew* while I'm beating them lifeless and interrupting every attack they throw at me. Sounds to me like Assasin is one of those Mercs that would annoy the crap out of me and everyone else on here is the kind of merc who would just stand in the face of incoming fire and get sabered to death.

You guys shouldn't be denying everything that he's talking about. He seems to be full of good advice. You SHOULD be picking his brain. I'm a DPS Guardian currently and I used to SUCK at this game. But I got better because I listened to what others were saying and then experimented. I learned that some of my assumptions regarding the quality of my class were just plain wrong and now I'm currently one of the top damage dealers still PvP'ing on my server.

I've seen damage for bounty hunters be all over the place. And I know the difference between power tech and merc bounty hunters on the scoreboard because the mercs have no protection numbers and the power techs do. I've seen Bounty Hunters top the damage charts as much as any other class. They've also been at the bottom of the charts as well. The ones at the top learned to adapt. The ones at the bottom did not. You guys should be asking Assasin for advice. I'm a melee DPS and the tactics he is describing are exactly what good players do to counter me more often than not.

^^^ i appreciate that, really!

i'm really not trying to toot my own horn, i'm trying to help people unlock the full potential of BH and how to utilize it's playstyle...

it's a kiting, wily class, and i think i pull it off better than most...i've kited HM BT bosses around, and pretty much ANY melee mob that can't hit you for 12k from 8m :p

i've had a couple PM's, and i've tried to answer each one the best i can...i'm just trying to help :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that for the people on here who play Arsenal (Gunnery) spec that there is a certain element of team work involved. I know that if I catch and arsenal/gunnery merc/trooper out in the open then usually I will absolutely maul that guy. Because there's nothing that he can do against me solo. However, if they stay together with other ranged classes and focus down anyone that comes near them then they usually do quite well. If I force leap at a merc that is in a group of other mercs usually what he will do is run away from me, cc me and then his team mates will focus me down. That's usually the best way to go about it. If you're worried about solo killing things then you should stick to the campaign. War Zones are a team game. Cooperate with your team and you'll do MUCH better.

I will say that for the people on here who play Arsenal (Gunnery) spec that there is a certain element of team work involved. I know that if I catch and arsenal/gunnery merc/trooper out in the open then usually I will absolutely maul that guy. Because there's nothing that he can do against me solo. However, if they stay together with other ranged classes and focus down anyone that comes near them then they usually do quite well. If I force leap at a merc that is in a group of other mercs usually what he will do is run away from me, cc me and then his team mates will focus me down. That's usually the best way to go about it. If you're worried about solo killing things then you should stick to the campaign. War Zones are a team game. Cooperate with your team and you'll do MUCH better.

a sniper is a Arsenal's best friend. the combination of the two, coordinating CC's, KB's, armor reduct, and burst damage is a riot!!!

you will melt anyone, or keep them away long enuff for to wait out the warrior CD's.

no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8856/screenshot2012051023464.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555/screenshot2012051018155.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7193/screenshot2012051017372.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4781/screenshot2012050221405.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6285/screenshot2012050122150.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8963/screenshot2012042500535.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/screenshot2012041821022.jpg

***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!

lol, nice pre1.2 screenshots, alots changed since then

pretty weak challenge...

What's weak is making bold, outlandish statements that are not based on reality, fact, or merit and using one of the worst servers with terrible players as a testbed.

I think that's all that needs to be said on this topic.

Don't make the comments if you can't back it up. Save us all a lot of time and trouble replying to gibberish.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

NO, I think you missed the point completely. But what do you expect of someone who is using ANOTHER MMO's class as a basis for an argument on the current state of an AC in THIS game?

He is basically saying that there are currently people playing Mercs with success who are more skilled than the complainers who claim this AC is unplayable.

Go play a Sniper, or better yet a dps Operative, then come back here and say this AC is unplayable. I think most Merc complainers got so used to the pre 1.2 easy mode, and cant seem to see past 2-3 button spam for a win.

YOU must be joking..there is nothing about skills when you face any classes in this game wich have an intrerupt shield wich absorb everything...classes who charge you 2times even when you push them back...classes wich stun you for 10times wich ignores your pushback and stuns wich can 3 hit you/kill you like maras or juggs..this is all about unbalance...and what hurt must?Mercenary are the last class in this game wich can survive more then 10-15sec max vs any melees and max 20sec vs any casters... you kidding me i hope..you never played a mercenary because if you did you know already if any of those marauds and juggs look at you ...then you are dead in the next 10seconds...and tell me something what should i use to survive since you said skills are everything?YOU GET CHARGED you try to push back DAMN IMMUNE TO stun or pushback...you are trying to run DAMN YOU ARE slowed...you are trying to face them damn you are dead from 3 hits... this has been ridiculous since they buffed the most op classes jugg/mara/sorcers and we got nerfed to the ground(broken class)

ps: i do not want to reroll pyrotech since ALL OTHER CLASSES have 3 viable specs for pvp why mercenary should use all pyrotech? thats LAME

Edited by Terrorgirl

^^^ i appreciate that, really!

i'm really not trying to toot my own horn, i'm trying to help people unlock the full potential of BH and how to utilize it's playstyle...

it's a kiting, wily class, and i think i pull it off better than most...i've kited HM BT bosses around, and pretty much ANY melee mob that can't hit you for 12k from 8m :p

i've had a couple PM's, and i've tried to answer each one the best i can...i'm just trying to help :)

i so hope you really tried to kite a melee as arsenal because you have 0 clues how this kite things work when you die in 10sec....i sure hope you are not one of those ridiculous trolls who didnt bothered to try all 3 specs and to understand that 2 out of 3 are OUT of league...they are unusable for pvp

YOU must be joking..there is nothing about skills when you face any classes in this game wich have an intrerupt shield wich absorb everything...classes who charge you 2times even when you push them back...classes wich stun you for 10times wich ignores your pushback and stuns wich can 3 hit you/kill you like maras or juggs..this is all about unbalance...and what hurt must?Mercenary are the last class in this game wich can survive more then 10-15sec max vs any melees and max 20sec vs any casters... you kidding me i hope..you never played a mercenary because if you did you know already if any of those marauds and juggs look at you ...then you are dead in the next 10seconds...and tell me something what should i use to survive since you said skills are everything?YOU GET CHARGED you try to push back DAMN IMMUNE TO stun or pushback...you are trying to run DAMN YOU ARE slowed...you are trying to face them damn you are dead from 3 hits... this has been ridiculous since they buffed the most op classes jugg/mara/sorcers and we got nerfed to the ground(broken class)

ps: i do not want to reroll pyrotech since ALL OTHER CLASSES have 3 viable specs for pvp why mercenary should use all pyrotech? thats LAME

i so hope you really tried to kite a melee as arsenal because you have 0 clues how this kite things work when you die in 10sec....i sure hope you are not one of those ridiculous trolls who didnt bothered to try all 3 specs and to understand that 2 out of 3 are OUT of league...they are unusable for pvp

I think it's funny that you're accusing other people of having no idea what they're talking about because you as well have no clue what you're talking about. You have absolutely no idea how the Jedi Knight class, Sentinel or Guardian, works. The things that you're describing are either SEVERE exaggerations of our abilities or flat out impossible.

It sounds to me like you A) haven't bothered to learn how your opponents abilities work and B) are probably EXTREMELY undergeared. If you're getting 3 shotted then that's a gear issue. Either that you're exaggerating again. Which is most likely the case.

In any case, my opinion has always been that if you're trying to solo a Sentinel/Marauder then you deserve what you get. They're very difficult to play and very rewarding if you get good with them. They're the best melee DPS class in the game and they should be because that's really all they do. In melee combat a Sentinel SHOULD have the advantage against you because they're the masters of melee damage. That said, they have almost no abilities to defend themselves from being CC'ed and if you see one coming at you from 30 meters away then maybe you and all the other Mercs in your team should focus that guy and kill him because you already know that he's going to MURDER you if he gets anywhere near you. They CANNOT defend themselves from being focused. Period.

As it concerns Guardians, you shouldn't be having any trouble with Guardians. There is only one spec that is immune to knock backs immediately after force leap. If you bothered to read up on the ability then you'd know that only lasts for 4 seconds after a leap. So guess what, instead of being an idiot and using your knockback immediately you should probably wait 4 seconds. I feel bad for telling you that because you're obviously too lazy to look on any of the vast number of internet resources ;and learn why certain classes do what they do so that you'll have a better ability to combat it.

Anyway, you claim that 2 of the 3 specs for Mercenary are useless in PvP and I'm calling you on it. The Bodyguard healing spec is extremely useful in PvP. There are several Merc/Commando healers on my server who have been quite successful. One of the most annoying people to play against on my server is, as much as I hate to admit it, a ridiculously good Merc Healer. I swear to God the guy is invincible. If he's being Guarded then he's actually mathematically invincible. I'm a mostly war hero geared Guardian and I've been in games where every DPS on my team was hitting him and he wouldn't die. I'm not exaggerating. We had 4 DPS 2 healers and 2 tanks and the 4 DPS were hitting him and his health bar never went below 75%. I know he popped at least 1 defensive cool down. I think he was using a Power relic to enhance his healing also and I know he was being guarded. But the fact that something like that is possible sort of disproves any idea that this spec is somehow no longer viable. I believe that Assasin is actually an assault spec Bounty Hunter and his performance says a bit about the quality of that spec so then the question is Arsenal. I'm going to use Gunnery Commandos as an example because I don't interact with Arsenal Mercs enough. The Gunnery Commandos that I know are actually quite successful not because they have the ability to solo other classes consistently. It's because they're team players. They stay behind the main line of melee classes and Vanguards and they open fire on the targets that are already being attacked. Ya know... Fire support? Fancy that. They're quite successful with the damage output that they produce and the number of kills and killing blows are comparable to any other class. I'm telling right now that I'm confident that I can solo any class out there. But I'll tell you I feel a lot safer with a Gunnery Commando behind me laying into the target while I'm beating him sensless with my laser glow stick.

Sounds like you need to learn to be more of a team player if you're going to play Arsenal.

I think it's funny that you're accusing other people of having no idea what they're talking about because you as well have no clue what you're talking about. You have absolutely no idea how the Jedi Knight class, Sentinel or Guardian, works. The things that you're describing are either SEVERE exaggerations of our abilities or flat out impossible.

It sounds to me like you A) haven't bothered to learn how your opponents abilities work and B) are probably EXTREMELY undergeared. If you're getting 3 shotted then that's a gear issue. Either that you're exaggerating again. Which is most likely the case.

In any case, my opinion has always been that if you're trying to solo a Sentinel/Marauder then you deserve what you get. They're very difficult to play and very rewarding if you get good with them. They're the best melee DPS class in the game and they should be because that's really all they do. In melee combat a Sentinel SHOULD have the advantage against you because they're the masters of melee damage. That said, they have almost no abilities to defend themselves from being CC'ed and if you see one coming at you from 30 meters away then maybe you and all the other Mercs in your team should focus that guy and kill him because you already know that he's going to MURDER you if he gets anywhere near you. They CANNOT defend themselves from being focused. Period.

As it concerns Guardians, you shouldn't be having any trouble with Guardians. There is only one spec that is immune to knock backs immediately after force leap. If you bothered to read up on the ability then you'd know that only lasts for 4 seconds after a leap. So guess what, instead of being an idiot and using your knockback immediately you should probably wait 4 seconds. I feel bad for telling you that because you're obviously too lazy to look on any of the vast number of internet resources ;and learn why certain classes do what they do so that you'll have a better ability to combat it.

Anyway, you claim that 2 of the 3 specs for Mercenary are useless in PvP and I'm calling you on it. The Bodyguard healing spec is extremely useful in PvP. There are several Merc/Commando healers on my server who have been quite successful. One of the most annoying people to play against on my server is, as much as I hate to admit it, a ridiculously good Merc Healer. I swear to God the guy is invincible. If he's being Guarded then he's actually mathematically invincible. I'm a mostly war hero geared Guardian and I've been in games where every DPS on my team was hitting him and he wouldn't die. I'm not exaggerating. We had 4 DPS 2 healers and 2 tanks and the 4 DPS were hitting him and his health bar never went below 75%. I know he popped at least 1 defensive cool down. I think he was using a Power relic to enhance his healing also and I know he was being guarded. But the fact that something like that is possible sort of disproves any idea that this spec is somehow no longer viable. I believe that Assasin is actually an assault spec Bounty Hunter and his performance says a bit about the quality of that spec so then the question is Arsenal. I'm going to use Gunnery Commandos as an example because I don't interact with Arsenal Mercs enough. The Gunnery Commandos that I know are actually quite successful not because they have the ability to solo other classes consistently. It's because they're team players. They stay behind the main line of melee classes and Vanguards and they open fire on the targets that are already being attacked. Ya know... Fire support? Fancy that. They're quite successful with the damage output that they produce and the number of kills and killing blows are comparable to any other class. I'm telling right now that I'm confident that I can solo any class out there. But I'll tell you I feel a lot safer with a Gunnery Commando behind me laying into the target while I'm beating him sensless with my laser glow stick.

Sounds like you need to learn to be more of a team player if you're going to play Arsenal.

aye i am noob ...if you say so...but believe me i am 70% full wh...and getting hit by 4 6 6 5k in 4 hits from a maraud or jugg dps..sure do not give me to many options to survive...now pls spare me your lecture everyone know that mercenary defense is broken...and you dont even know what you talk about if you dont know atleast that...

and about being very hard to play a mara/jugg...you must be joking me...i have 2 alts and i am soloing everything without even need it to much skills...and no i am not trying to pick a fight with any melee classes but when you get charged by them you dont have any options...you die thats all you cant kite them when you get 4 shooted...and no there is no problem about gear EXPERTIZE and whatever other lame escuse you look after ,...they are op end of story and mercenary class is really broken

Edited by Terrorgirl

Getting insane total damage at the end of a Warzone does NOT support Mercs being fine. You can't post a video? How convenient.

I can put up the same numbers as you, so can most Pyro mercs. But fighting a Marauder 1v1 is an uphill battle. They have more tools than Pyro Mercs, that is the problem.

You can spout how great YOU are, I'm sure this thread has stoked Mr. Orange Letters ego with all the shouting he's done about how great he is. But the total damage at the end does not show how good he is, it doesn't show how he deals with Marauders and Assassins 1v1, or that he even can. Show me a video of a Merc dominating equally geared, equally skilled Marauders and Assassins and I'll shut up.

But that just ain't gonna happen.

aye i am noob ...if you say so...but believe me i am 70% full wh...and getting hit by 4 6 6 5k in 4 hits from a maraud or jugg dps..sure do not give me to many options to survive...now pls spare me your lecture everyone know that mercenary defense is broken...and you dont even know what you talk about if you dont know atleast that...

and about being very hard to play a mara/jugg...you must be joking me...i have 2 alts and i am soloing everything without even need it to much skills...and no i am not trying to pick a fight with any melee classes but when you get charged by them you dont have any options...you die thats all you cant kite them when you get 4 shooted...and no there is no problem about gear EXPERTIZE and whatever other lame escuse you look after ,...they are op end of story and mercenary class is really broken

Oh my GOD! You're soloing the solo story content that's meant to be soloed?! Clearly you are the master of Star Wars the old republic and there is nothing that I can say to negate you're obvious and absolute mastery of all of the classes. I mean, there's no greater test of player skill then being able to solo story content that is specifically designed to be soloed. That's just crazy!

But seriously if you're getting 4 shotted sometimes by another class then that will happen. Every class, except sorcs/sages, have a series of abilities that when combined with relics/adrenals can completely nuke the CRAP out of a single target or in some cases, like the Merc/Commando, nuke an AoE. I know that if I REALLY want any class in the game dead short of a tank spec'ed Juggernaut, Powertech or Assasin I can do it in about 5 hits but ONLY if I've blown every offensive cool down and get the occasional critical hit thrown in. But more often than not Sentinels and Guardians have to bash away just like everyone else. You're not getting 4 shotted everytime.

Getting insane total damage at the end of a Warzone does NOT support Mercs being fine. You can't post a video? How convenient.

I can put up the same numbers as you, so can most Pyro mercs. But fighting a Marauder 1v1 is an uphill battle. They have more tools than Pyro Mercs, that is the problem.

You can spout how great YOU are, I'm sure this thread has stoked Mr. Orange Letters ego with all the shouting he's done about how great he is. But the total damage at the end does not show how good he is, it doesn't show how he deals with Marauders and Assassins 1v1, or that he even can. Show me a video of a Merc dominating equally geared, equally skilled Marauders and Assassins and I'll shut up.

Why on Earth would you try to solo a marauder/sentinel? Seriously. There's no reason to do that... ever. If you're any other class but a sentinel and you're trying to solo one then you're bad at this game. Period. Unless there is the random desperate situation when everyone else around you has died and you have to fight a sentinel alone then yes, I can understand. But for the most part if you're functioning as a proper team then you should never be fighting a sentinel alone.

I mean honestly, think about this. If you're a bunch of guys with guns and you're fighting a jedi knight don't be a hero! Don't be like, "It's alright guys... I got this." Because that Sentinel is going to make you into a light saber scorched corpse. All of you should turn and shoot the crap out of that guy until he stops moving! There's NOTHING he can do to stop that from happening.

Again, DON'T SOLO SENTINLES/MARAUDERS! It's a team game. Work as a team. Focus them down and live.

^ Wow what a twisted perspective. You are saying I should accept my role as an inferior class to Marauders/Sentinels. I shouldn't HAVE to take a team of people to take out ONE player. That is exactly the reason I am saying Marauders are superior to Mercenaries, they need a team to take them out, Mercenaries just need one Marauder.

Broken.

Just wow.

lol, nice pre1.2 screenshots, alots changed since then

LOL...really?

since i didn't get to 50 on my BH until AFTER 1.2, that would be a neat trick.

i'm done debating with the nay sayers. it is obvious that if you don't agree with what they say about Merc sucking, then you are an idiot, a n00b, play on a "weak" server, post old SS's, play against "baddies", etc.

and to the fella that asked if i tried to kite as an Arse spec...sure did!!! it was even easier than on a PT/Merc.

my damage suffered from it, but my survivability was better. the 2 KB's are great...(but, i suck and use terrain, los, and such..i'm sure that would never work on your awesome server)

anyway, i know how good i am, as do my teammates and opponents.

i'm not worried about justifiying my success to the trolls, i'm trying to share my success and tips with those that are open minded enough to accept they could learn a thing or two.

Edited by T-Assassin

Don't make the comments if you can't back it up. Save us all a lot of time and trouble replying to gibberish.

guess this will be my last response to you then (see RED text.)

i've done everything except post video backing everything up. even SS's of dummy DPS. i've listed tactics, playstyle, mentality, etc.

like i've told you before, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink it.

when i get into vent and discuss these posts, and explain my attempts at helping the Merc community to them, they laugh...they see me play, and know how well i do...

and, i think i will finally take advice from one of them, when they told me, "f**k 'em".

Edited by T-Assassin

you've never seen ME kite before...

i'm motherf***in' Ben Franklin. or...Ben Franklin's son, depending on how you view history :p

I said all kinds of stuff that makes complete sense...therefore, it will go uncomprehended by 95% of this board.

i like you :)

i've played (or am leveling to attempt to) play everyclass and spec. learn it's strengths/weaknesses.

good post.

mr. orange here.

i use my kb, my stun, my heal, my instant cast/mezz, snare, i don't waste tech attacks during force shroud, i kite back to my teammates, i use terrain, my auto attack hits for a bunch (1132 currently in PvP gear w/ 1264 expertise), i stay > 10m, i fake left go right, i use air vents, jump off walls, aw...eff it :p

why am i explaining myself again?

Mercs suck. we can't beat anyone, especially melee...buff us, please...

guess this will be my last response to you then (see RED text.)

i've done everything except post video backing everything up. even SS's of dummy DPS. i've listed tactics, playstyle, mentality, etc.

like i've told you before, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink it.

when i get into vent and discuss these posts, and explain my attempts at helping the Merc community to them, they laugh...they see me play, and know how well i do...

and, i think i will finally take advice from one of them, when they told me, "f**k 'em".

I'm just going to say this - We're all on the same side here.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that post 1.2 BH Mercs are working as they should be in PvP. Especially not Arsenal spec.

In order to stay constructive I would like to point people to the direction of this thread -

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=445401

mr. orange here.

why am i explaining myself again?

Mercs suck. we can't beat anyone, especially melee...buff us, please...

Ya know what's going to happen? Eventually Bioware is going to buff mercs. The people who are terrible (Which is pretty much every bounty hunter player in this thread except for you and I think one other guy) are going to complain that the buffs are useless and not what they asked for. Or that the buffs aren't enough and they should have been buffed more. They will continue to get murdered by better DPS players and they will continue to cry. On the other hand players like yourself will absolutely dominate war zones and contribute directly to your teams success.

This is EXACTLY what I went through with my Vigilance spec'ed Jedi Guardian. Before I spec'ed into it people said that the skill tree was garbage unless you were doing a DPS/Tank hybrid. But I liked what I read so I did it anyway. As I continually got more and more geared I became better and better until people started asking me what skill tree I was using and then they found out that I was using that "crappy" skill tree that everyone had already dismissed.

Pre 1.2 I was consistently putting up top 5 damage in war zones. Post 1.2 it's usually a pretty strange occurance if I'm not in the top 3 if not top damage in war zones. It's also extremely rare that I'm on the losing side of a war zone currently either. They buffed my skill tree with a lot of little buffs that make a big difference but even before that I was doing quite well. Guess what people told me when I explained how well I was doing with it, "The people on your server must be baddies!" "Videos or it doesn't count!" "Clearly you're full if it." "You're not a real PvP'er!" "You must be beating on people that are really under geared!" and a bunch of things like that... Funny thing is that a lot of those people were STILL complaining that the buffs were either not enough or weren't what they asked for up until they presumably unsubbed. Losers.

Don't worry about haters. You just keep doing what you do. You being good as a merc is going to make good players better and it's going to make bad players cry. I'm new to MMO's but I'm fast finding out that's just how it works.

I was going to read all 7 pages but then it started turning into a huge novel.

I will say this, however. I mostly agree with Assassin. As far as your major role in a TEAM BASED WZ, you are supposed to put out damage. While I think Pyrotech Mercs are for the number lovers, I think Arsenal still has a place (and a better one than Pyro) in WZ.

For me, 3k - 4k - 5k - 3k with a ticking dot equals a dead healer or ball carrier for Huttball. This is in Arsenal and I play on The Swiftsure and against pretty well geared premades. If, the healer LoS's you, switch to a dps. Either way you are still putting insane pressure on a healer. I don't think any other class (maybe snipers) put out as much raw damage as an Arsenal BH.

Edit: Ok. Just q'd as arsenal, had a mara on me the whole game. Was no fun.

On Pyro, i think the numbers are skewed as you don't have to see your target to do damage to them once they have your dots. I may be mistaken, but no other class has the dots we have. So of course you are going to have more overall damage than everyone else. And with dots, healers have time to heal through your dots. But, having dots on everyone makes the healers job a little more difficult. And at the end of the game, pyrotechs do have the most overall damage. And they can solo almost any class - except heals.

Edit: But i also agree - we have no interrupt and no root. we have snares if specced. our shield is useless in comparison to everyone else defensive abilities. powertech can do just as much, if not more damage as pyrotech (again skewed because it's not burst). We have one role - damage output. Other classes may not do AS much damage but have way more utility.

Edited by DaPorkchop

ok first of all..unless you have played one in the 50 bracket your opinion on any class means next to nothing. anyway i have a 50 sorc and 50 merc and mercs are in some trouble right now. i swictched to pyro because of how broken arsenal is and done alot better but i shouldnt be forced to only have one decent spec(other than healing which i hate) buffs are supposedly coming in 1.3 but 1.3 hasnt even hit test servers yet so dont expect it for another month...to all the mercs out there id say to reroll another class.atm i am switching between lvling a scoundrel and a shadow.if you want to play a merc and not be turned to soup by everyone and their grandmothers do pyro,learn the class, and you will do better i broke 400k for the first time hours after switching and have actually topped in dps a few times but for now im not going to play my merc and gl to all who still do..you'll really need it Edited by Finionn

I mean honestly, think about this. If you're a bunch of guys with guns and you're fighting a jedi knight don't be a hero! Don't be like, "It's alright guys... I got this." Because that Sentinel is going to make you into a light saber scorched corpse. All of you should turn and shoot the crap out of that guy until he stops moving! There's NOTHING he can do to stop that from happening.

Again, DON'T SOLO SENTINLES/MARAUDERS! It's a team game. Work as a team. Focus them down and live.

so what you mean by that is all lightsaber classes should blast the crap out of everything else?that would be some amazing balence there and while sentinels currently are able to do it, it wont last forever..i have beaten a few really awful sents 1v1 but average ones still kill me b4 i can get through half a rotation..anyway i wont even waste my time on sents but the topic of this thread is mercs and 1v1 they are awful,was this intended? we wont know if it was or not because bioware has responded to,lemme count, 0 times to all this mayhem. now i dont think mercs are absoultely awful but they need a few improvements and maybe a slight increase in survivability

Edited by Finionn

Edit: Ok. Just q'd as arsenal, had a mara on me the whole game. Was no fun.

i've had my share of matches where i've been "locked down". i take it as a compliment, tbh.

then i do my damnedest to make sure i have more damage and kills than he does...or i run his *** around the map (and i try to pick up a few more...that leaves the odds in favor of my team!!)

that sounds like a smart Marauder...

i know i try to lock down healers and make their rounds miserable...

:p

Why on Earth would you try to solo a marauder/sentinel? Seriously. There's no reason to do that... ever. If you're any other class but a sentinel and you're trying to solo one then you're bad at this game. Period. Unless there is the random desperate situation when everyone else around you has died and you have to fight a sentinel alone then yes, I can understand. But for the most part if you're functioning as a proper team then you should never be fighting a sentinel alone.

Ok, I'm trying to follow the logic on this but from the sounds of it you're saying:

1. It's ok for mauraders/sents to solo anyone they want

2. You're yelling at the rest of us to play as a team (because it's ok that mauraders/sents can solo people but the rest of us should work as a team....)

Hmm...Not saying that I can't solo anyone on my Merc, but if I had the utility/survivability of a Maurader/Sent, I wouldn't even worry about how bad Arsenal is broke...

i've had my share of matches where i've been "locked down". i take it as a compliment, tbh.

then i do my damnedest to make sure i have more damage and kills than he does...or i run his *** around the map (and i try to pick up a few more...that leaves the odds in favor of my team!!)

that sounds like a smart Marauder...

i know i try to lock down healers and make their rounds miserable...

:p

it's not hard at all to get top 3-5 in damage/kills as a Pyro Merc, hell, do it all the time, but as for the compliment part, not so sure. I'd like to think the same thing, but quite a few of my friends roll Mauraders and for them, we're just an easy kill....lol

Edited by Swaggz
add

• 5 months later...
stun.....3 shot.....dead.......roll of 3 rotations of my best abilities and cant even make a dent 1 v's 1.....mercs suck in pvp continually getting hit for 8k a time absolutle fkin rubbish easy target there all laughing at us!!! Edited by SonicSicko