Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I don't pick the options base on force alignment, normally I'll look for the once that makes the most sense to the character I'm on at the time. There have been a few scenarios when both options in the dialog wheel have made me think my characters intelligence rapidly dropped.

I usually do that too, but at the time i only played KOTFE/ET with mostly LS characters and wanted to see the DS path.

But i really don't like when you only have 1 LS choice and 1 DS and none of them really fit with the character

I don't pick the options base on force alignment, normally I'll look for the once that makes the most sense to the character I'm on at the time. There have been a few scenarios when both options in the dialog wheel have made me think my characters intelligence rapidly dropped.

Neither do I, but there are a lot of options that you can't really tell what the result will be until after you select it, so I'll go through and go, "This character is awful, so I'll take the DS choice" and when I see what the result is, if I think it is out of character I'll back out and try another. I think that the Knights Of expansions just have more than the usual percentage of those, honestly on both extremes of the alignment system.

Edited by gamephil

Barsen'thor here ... apparently I forgot my magical cube healing thing during the entirety of KOTFE/ET ... though in fairness I did forget I was the Barsen'thor until the dude from the previous chapter addressed me ... though Theron killed him then blamed me for it.

Barsen'thor here ... apparently I forgot my magical cube healing thing during the entirety of KOTFE/ET ... though in fairness I did forget I was the Barsen'thor until the dude from the previous chapter addressed me ... though Theron killed him then blamed me for it.

I love my JC but the fact I lost that special Healing ability MAKES ME CRAZY! It would have added such dimension to running KOTE/KOTET.

Sounds like the Barsen'thor was on a low budget.

One of many ways things could have gone differently, had the devs just wanted to try to provide a less troubling story. So many better choices, but they rejected them all.

Edited by gamephil

One of many ways things could have gone differently, had the devs just wanted to try to provide a less troubling story. So many better choices, but they rejected them all.

At this point, nearly two years later. Any other choice would have been the better choice.

I love my JC but the fact I lost that special Healing ability MAKES ME CRAZY! It would have added such dimension to running KOTE/KOTET.

Ditto!

Sounds like the Barsen'thor was on a low budget.

More like the Barsen'thor was suffering from long term memory loss while simultaneously lost the ability to use common sense.

More like the Barsen'thor was suffering from long term memory loss while simultaneously lost the ability to use common sense.

Five years in a bad Carbonite freeze will do that to you.

That's actually a pretty good explanation for the personality change.

Seems like Nox / Occulus / Imperious forgot about their Force ghost(s) too, and Valkorion is seemingly unable to sense / see / use them too.

One of the reason that makes me think that JC and SI, while better fit than the non FU are not the most suited as the Outlander, because these are important details of their class stories that are absolutely not taken into account in KOTFE/ET, because of the one story for all classes aspect.

Seems like Nox / Occulus / Imperious forgot about their Force ghost(s) too, and Valkorion is seemingly unable to sense / see / use them too.

One of the reason that makes me think that JC and SI, while better fit than the non FU are not the most suited as the Outlander, because these are important details of their class stories that are absolutely not taken into account in KOTFE/ET, because of the one story for all classes aspect.

It would have been a nice perk for the Counselor & Inquisitor to use their class story perks to save or bind Vaylin to them.

okay okay okay ... what if ... we throw some cartel coins at the Belsavis machine? and in return it'll clone Vaylin for us? :D

Maybe they saw the future and were like '**** this, I'm going with Jadus.'

Maybe they saw the future and were like '**** this, I'm going with Jadus.'

They did not want Valkorion and Vaylin (and possibly Arcann too) as their new roomates :D

Is Senya a ghost too when you kill her and Arcann ?

It's starting to be pretty crowded inside a completely DS Nox :rolleyes:

They did not want Valkorion and Vaylin (and possibly Arcann too) as their new roomates :D

Is Senya a ghost too when you kill her and Arcann ?

It's starting to be pretty crowded inside a completely DS Nox :rolleyes:

Senya makes no sense... we didn't absorb her ... she was just ... there.

Senya makes no sense... we didn't absorb her ... she was just ... there.

Yeah she does not make much sense when alive either, because from the dialog it sounds like Arcann needed the holocron to come in our mind but Senya comes in without having to use it :confused:

Yeah she does not make much sense when alive either, because from the dialog it sounds like Arcann needed the holocron to come in our mind but Senya comes in without having to use it :confused:

Well, she is kneeling next to Arcann with the holocron glowing between them. I'm pretty sure she used it. Whether it should have worked that way or not is still a question. It stores spirits, allows the entry into minds, and frees spirits from control. It's bewildering. I have my own explanation that I like (especially since it means Vaylin (and Arcann) may be in it, but I would have liked the story to tell us why it has these different powers and, more importantly, how we learned them. "Practice and research off-camera" is not really satisfying.

Edited by gamephil

I think it's more weird from the dark side perspective. No idea how she turned up at the end in that version. Maybe Valkorion went back to Voss on his own to absorb her?

Maybe ghosts can pop in and out of the box as they see fit.

If they really wanted to mind **** us, they should of had Thexan in there for the final fight.

What `***k there's two of them?! :eek: ` kind of a deal? :p. Our pc never met Thexan, reckon Arcann's the one it would have screwed with :D.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

What `***k there's two of them?! :eek: ` kind of a deal? :p. Our pc never met Thexan, reckon Arcann's the one it would have screwed with :D.

That would have been a nice bit of development for Arcann.

Arcann: Brother?

Thexan: It's a trap! Valkorio- *Valkorion mind rape*

Arcann: But ... when?! How?!

Valkorion: bla bla bla you wounded him, then left him to die, alone, next to me and my absorbing abilities.

Arcann: :'( I don't want to kill him again!

Vaylin: *Kill Thexan's ghost*

Arcann: *rocks back and fourth sobbing*

That would have been a nice bit of development for Arcann.

Arcann: Brother?

Thexan: It's a trap! Valkorio- *Valkorion mind rape*

Arcann: But ... when?! How?!

Valkorion: bla bla bla you wounded him, then left him to die, alone, next to me and my absorbing abilities.

Arcann: :'( I don't want to kill him again!

Vaylin: *Kill Thexan's ghost*

Arcann: *rocks back and fourth sobbing*

:eek: oh dear you are in good form today :D Don't worry I didn't need that heart :p

Hmmm ... I can do an operation on Lana ... she's more than willing to make the sacrifice ... though if yu dye your hair blonde or start acting incompetent ... I'll be forced to put you down! :(

Wait, why would Vaylin kill Thexan? Unless she's still being controlled, anyway.