Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

Why is that then .

i'm guessing that this is so people can't just come in on the last day get and get the entire armour set all at once, they want to reward the people who took the time to grind through the event.

Now I've been repeating the daily quests the first couple of times i took the dna as a prize and not the boots. the second time around when i did all the quests again i was able to select the boots this time instead of the dna. My guess is that as long as you are picking up the dailies by doing them you won't need to select the armour right away.

So you can go through the quest series take the dna, pick up the next days quests. buy whatever you want from the vendor and as long as you've kept up to date, complete all the dailies and get your full armour set in 1 shot.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing that this is so people can't just come in on the last day get and get the entire armour set all at once, they want to reward the people who took the time to grind through the event.

Now I've been repeating the daily quests the first couple of times i took the dna as a prize and not the boots. the second time around when i did all the quests again i was able to select the boots this time instead of the dna. My guess is that as long as you are picking up the dailies by doing them you won't need to select the armour right away.

So you can go through the quest series take the dna, pick up the next days quests. buy whatever you want from the vendor and as long as you've kept up to date, complete all the dailies and get your full armour set in 1 shot.

Do you know when it is going to happen on the game or not.

Overall a nice event, but as others have pointed out there are some problems.

Are you sure this event can't last a bit longer? Thats only another week i have to buy all the stuff off the rakghoul vendor. :(

Agreed. I would hope that the vendor is a permanent edition to the area for those of us who actually can't get to Tatooine yet and can only participate in the early areas. It would be a shame to let our kindness in allowing to be infected and blown up so others can complete the quests would be a complete waste with useless inventory items after the event is over. Couple that with the fact that on low pop servers (such as my Pub one), there aren't enough people around to even notice the event is going on, so can't even participate in that way.

I think an event like this might have been better if put off until the server population is sorted out, and every server is in a better position to let it's community to fully enjoy an event of this type.

BJ

So? You die on TYTHON a lot? lol

1. You can spot if someone is about to explode and got enough time to avoid it (he is stunned in that time)

False. You cannot spot when someone is about to explode when there are a bunch of people all stacked together AFK exploiting the mechanic in order to infect themselves. You cannot avoid it when they are all standing where people zone in or over a spot you logged out before the event started.

Also, in regard to previous snide "die on fleet a lot" version of the above question, if you are doing flashpoints and ops, you are on fleet a lot and there is a good possibility that you will die doing the flashpoint.

2. Infected? Big deal, ignore it and as soon as you reach stage 2 of the disease, do a suicide at a chosen time (no repair cost). With the 5 DNA samples you get upon death you can get enough money to buy 5-50 vaccinces (depends on your server), which should suffice.

Dying may not be big deal to you, but there are actually many, many who believe the point of playing a game is to avoid dying. The lack of repair cost is irrelevant. You may not be able to avoid dying in some circumstances, such as when doing hard content, but that doesn't mean it is acceptable to force players to "commit suicide" because a bunch of idiots are standing around in a public area forcing other people to have to avoid them. You suggestion is a bit more than childish.

This is really a non issue, some of the most unfounded whining i ever witnessed...

Who are you to decide what is "unfounded" just because it doesn't bother you? It is one thing to put in an event and give people the option to avoid it. It is quite another thing to have a bunch of thoughtless jerks needlessly bunched up in a public area so they can exploit a mechanic from the event and forcing everyone else to either participate in an event they have no interest in by infecting them or forcing them to have to avoid areas of the station they have just as much right to use as the players exploiting the mechanic.

And, yes, standing around AFK bunched up so you can explode on each other is an exploit. I am quite certain that the devs did not sit around thinking, "I know, let's create an event to get people to stand around AFK, doing nothing else other than infecting each other in order to gain rewards from the event."

It is not a non-issue. I shouldn't have to spend one credit and I should not have to avoid areas of the fleet just because a bunch of thoughtless people want to exploit the event mechanics.

Edited by Sotaudi

For anyone who is just starting the event or not sure what to do. I wrote a little guide that covers everything (I think ) about the event - items, dailies, infected companions, color crystals, pets.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/16/rakghoul-pandemic-dynamic-event-guideupdated-daily/

Also, this might be of interest - walkthrough for the scavenger hunt, fun quest ;)

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/15/how-to-get-tracking-the-origin-quest/

Overall, best event in a MMO so far imo :)

Just wanted to say Thank You for putting your guide together. It made getting informed on the event really easy. Everyone I know in-game has been using it. :)

I have loved the Rakghoul Outbreak. Thanks Bioware! Ive really enjoyed this event and I look forward to more such events in the future.

As a side note, I'd be ok with this event being repeated in the future, as kind of a seasonal thing so my friends who aren't playing yet can see it someday.

Okay, people are getting hung up on this thing way too much. You lose NOTHING by getting infected, yet so many complain for no valid reason, whatsoever. Its going to end onthe 24th, a little patience!

Let me explain something to you...

Serious Star Wars fans care about the game maintaining the feel of Star Wars. We care about the game making sense.

Maybe the Devs don't care, I can't say, but if there is something wrong with caring about the game making sense and being serious then I don't want to be right.

We are true fans. Without us there would have been no Expanded Universe. There would have been no "Knights of the Old Republic" there would be no "The Old Republic" because it was the true fans that kept the franchise alive. We bought the books. We bought the comics. We bought things like "Lego Millennium Falcon" and paid $150 for a Force FX Lightsaber. We played the RPGs and we attended the conventions. Those of us who take the franchise seriously deserve a little respect.

I don't want to see Mohawk Grenades, I don't want to see "Lynx Sword", I don't want to see "The One Ring", or any other stupid and immersion breaking items in TOR.

This current event is an event that rewards you counter intuitively for catching a fatal disease and infecting others with it when it should instead reward you for avoiding that and stopping those who are infected.

Let me explain something to you. It's called ELITIST ATTITUDES, and they are a character flaw.

"True" Star Wars fans like Star Wars. That's all there is to it. You either like it or you don't. The only difference is the degree to which you allow Star Wars to consume your life.

Plenty of "true" Star Wars fans like to play games. We like to have fun. We enjoyed the comic relief in the original Star Wars movies. We don't require everything to always be serious. We can enjoy playing both good and evil roles in the games. We can comprehend the notion that our character's rationality may be compromised when infected by a plague.

Feel free to be as unhappy with the world as you like. The rest of us will just have fun.

Will the Rakghoul vendor be available after teh 24th, or will he go away when the event ends?

I want to buy a crystal for my one character when i transfer it over,.

The crystals can be freely traded. Why would you wait?

Will this event show up again in the future?

I wish i was a high enough level to enjoy it but since i'm only level 17 its a bit hard to enjoy when you cant kill the level 25+ monsters yet xD

its been fun trying to sneak around though, lol

Let me explain something to you. It's called ELITIST ATTITUDES, and they are a character flaw.

No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.

BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.

Guess what, the game is open to the public. The game is as it is and there's not a thing you can do about it aside from take your money and walk. The event is an event, and that's all there is to it. It will disappear on the 24th with naught but a vanity pet or two, a title, and cosmetic armor.

You really ought to understand that fans of Star Wars in general is really what this game is targeted for. Without a bit of an upset here and there, this game would get old and boring fairly quickly as-is. That's a mighty high horse you're sitting on, I certainly hope it doesn't hurt when you fall.

Just a question: I have a lvl 17 imperial agent, who got infected on the imperial fleet. Tattooine is a little too high level to get too for the quest. Are there any low-level quests to get rid of this infection, or do I have to get some vaccine for it?

Okay, people are getting hung up on this thing way too much. You lose NOTHING by getting infected, yet so many complain for no valid reason, whatsoever. Its going to end onthe 24th, a little patience!

Except the time lost on constantly dying or the credits wasted. It was really stupid of Bioware to reward people for griefing others...

Been all over Fleet and only got infected once. If you stand AFK then you will get infected. MOve about, or go stand in you hanger...

So where is the galactic terminal, the vendors and the mail boxes in the hanger?

Oh thats right... there isnt any.

No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

Is there anything you won't complain about?

Bioware,,

Pls be aware that some Players are choosing to infect/ attack others in the Rest Zones/ Safe Areas of the servers. This is problematic enough, but esp on PvE servers where permission is to be obtained first. This appears to fall into the Griefing category of play described as harassment in the RoC. While some may wish to participate in the Event, I for one did not.

Thank you!

Edited by Elhanan