The new cooldown display for abilities

septru

It is better to add new health numbers in the raid frame, than re-design these stupid "clocky" timers.

They didn’t need the clock timers. The old system was fine. Ie, when you had operative double roll, it just came back up when it was ready.

The clock doesn’t even tell you charges, it just shows you it’s charging.

It wasn’t needed and it’s what’s probably broken the task bar animations at the moment.

All they need to do is remove the clock and go back to the old system. Especially for classes who don’t even have charges. Juggs have none, but it’s on force leap, which is just dumb or lazy implimentation

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I totally agree.

If you're talking about replacing the stupid clock with the cooldown timer text that we had before, I'm behind you 1000% percent. I hate the clock, soooooo much.

100% Agree. It's a bit of a mess, considering we've always had the ability to have a cooldown text that actually shows us how long we have to wait, not some arbitrary clock animation for abilities that have more than one charge, that may or may not even highlight when it's available.

I was quite happy with the cooldown text, the new animation doesn't provide enough information, nor does it even work most of the time.

Edited by Transcendent

A lot of the UI changes seem to be poorly designed, developed, and implemented.

I agree with this very much.

Even the new gear icons bug me to no end. I strongly dislike the new outfit designer, etc. Everything that I can think of seems like a step backwards, except for the materials inventory. That I like.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but it is what it is.

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. I did not know the correct terminology for the new UI on abilities with two charges. But

to reaffirm what has already been stated by man in this thread, by display I mean the new clock animation. I will update the first post, accordingly.

For me personally it's both the lack of timers and the look of the animation. If the button were coloured like the default cooldown animation and just had a clock instead of a slider I'd be much more ok with it. As it is it's hard to see it in the heat of battle.

This is exactly what I find frustrating and inconvenience: 1) the lack of cooldown text, and 2) the fact that a ability that is on cooldown will no longer grayed out.

Mostly I have been playing my concealment operative which has three new "charged" abilities: exfiltrate (roll), debilitate (stun), and holotraverse. As a player that plays at a extremely high level (I say this not to brag but to give context), playing group ranked, solo ranked, high level duels, and various pve, my ability to succeed hinges on timing abilities to the half seconds. Often times I only have a millisecond to look down at my quickbar and check whether my ability is off cooldown or not, and if it's not then how long till it will be off cooldown. The fact that I can no longer do this because there is 1) no cooldown text and 2) the abilities no longer are greyed out, makes playing extremely hard and frustrating.

For example: I have been in a high stakes group ranked match where my team was relying on me to stun the target. They would ask (in discord) "Prum do you have a stun?" I would glance down at my quickbar, look at my debilitate animation, see that the ability is not greyed out nor does it have cooldown text, and say "Yes. I'm stunning now." Only to realize... 'Oh. No. Nevermind. Guess I don't have it." And our team would miss a window where our team could have potentially won the match.

This exact serious of events has happened to me almost every time in 6.0. Sure half of the problem is that I've gotten used to cooldown text and the colored animation, but the other issue is that there is no consistency in the new "clock" animation that would make it easier to get used to the new animation.

• Some abilities that might not have two charges like debilitate and holotraverse if you aren't taking the right set bonus or tactical still have the clock, double charge, animation.

• Bioware has implemented cooldown text on practically everything, but chooses not to implement it on double charge abilities.

• Bioware has implemented it's colored/grayed out animation on practically everything, but chooses not to implement it on double charge abilities.

I have no idea how to fix this issue. But I'd like to see a solution that resolves, mediates, or at least compromises with the above listed inconsistencies and problems.

Edited by septru

Sure half of the problem is that I've gotten used to cooldown text and the colored animation

The clock animation is much harder to see though. It seems meaningless that we now have to try to get used to it when there was no need to implement it in the first place.