Legacy Name Change Confirmed?

Egees

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking with a friend earlier today, and he told me that in the next patch, you will be able to change the Legacy Surname. Is this true or was he just trollin me?

I sure hope so, my 'Ponyboy' legacy name sounded funny at 2 in the morning, but when I woke up wanted I to gag myself.

Edited by A_Plastik_Spoon

this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.

Myself and a whole lot of others were told in response to tickets raised on this that they were actively looking at providing the facility, but I have heard nothing to say that it was ready to go yet.

I too have gotten an Email about that. Theres no doubt about it, this will be a feature of the game. Its just a matter of when are they going to add it.

this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.

Actually you are wrong.

With advanced classes if you feel that you goofed up you can re-roll rather easy.

With the surnames you are stuck with it on that server for every toon you create from the day you picked the surname. That means if you goofed, that server is now dead to you or the surname is.

(edit) I am all for keeping the AC's the way they are. I love that once you pick it you are sticking with it for that toon.

As for the surnames, yes I can see how it would be nice to be able to re-do a 3am drunk poor choice, without having to restart on a new server.

Edited by Morgalica

Actually when you first picked your legacy it didn't tell you it was for all your characters, many people believed it was a surname for the character you was playing not for every character on the server.

I think a one time only rename should be viable option, maybe something you could spend some legacy levels on?

Actually when you first picked your legacy it didn't tell you it was for all your characters, many people believed it was a surname for the character you was playing not for every character on the server.

I think a one time only rename should be viable option, maybe something you could spend some legacy levels on?

Yep, yep, when i picked my stupid legacy name I was just wondering if it was available because a guild member suggested it and now it's permanent across all characters..

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but why DON'T some people want it so you can change your legacy? You're happy with yours good. Some people don't like theirs but that doesn't mean they should be stuck with it.

I'm one of the people that like my name so I'm not gonna change it. Power to the people who want it.

I can change my name in real life, and Legacy (which has been classed as a surname) is no different. Eventually it's likely people will be able to change their character's name as well.

Not exactly pale...

Advanced class choice is 1) or 2). Pretty easy to make that decision.

Surname is a whole nother thang...