View Single Post

Nibbon
06.07.2013 , 04:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
That being said, I have to question your hypothesis, NIbbon. In my experience, typically one already has to choose between idling and delaying a higher priority ability past CD because of a filler delaying it. You seem to be saying that higher alacrity results in a statistically significant increase in the number of times when you would delay something like HT or Salvation. I haven't found this to be the case in practice.
Ew, I don't like idling. There is never a break in casting in that analysis - what you have is an overlap. The overlap is the cast time going off from the non-cooldown spell - the spell coming off cooldown and then being casted - resetting the cooldown timer. I did a separate analysis that even a very slight idle is worse for HPS than filling with a lesser heal. Call me lazy, but I've already done a lot of work on this so I am not going to recreate it

I disagree entirely with your statement, though. I am not suggesting anything gets delayed more often. I admit that in the hypothesis page it would look like that, and may be overstating slightly the effect (but the effect exists regardless). On the HPS spreadsheet, though, we have partial heals (as in, 55.15 rejuvenations, for examples). Those partial heals are basically the lack of an overlap - so it really diminishes the "delay" you are worried about. So the fact that alacrity takes such a huge hit seems all the more real to me.

One note about things in practice. Besides ability lag - it is difficult to see how much of your spells are overlapping. The way the UI currently works is - if a spell will come off CD when another spell is going through the GCD cycle - it will appear like it is ready - in reality you can't interrupt an ability that casts over the length of a GCD (I mean you can, but you can't begin casting something in that time, you have to wait for GCD to finish). What I'm saying is - it might look like you aren't overlapping, but you definitely are, even if by fractions of a second (which is really what we are talking about here).