Power or Crit Assassin Inq?

CloneReborn

If you're madness, go crit. Everything you have procs off crit chance. Crit and surge.

You could just go straight power as deception.

Darkness/madness hybrids will want to go surge, as your shock autocrits, and you want it to hit harder, as crit is useless to you.

Darkness tanks will generally want as much def as possible. It is unclear at this point whether defense stacking is better, or absorb/shield stacking, or a mix of the two/three is better.

Gonna need more data on endgame operations for that.

Haha, I was just thinking the same thing as you OP but didn't think anyone else gave it a thought :D

I'd say Madness is a crit spec, it has couple of talents that boost crit, and some effects that happen after crit. On the other hand Deception seems like power spec, where you need high dmg, and some of the talents boost that dmg even further.

Surge Rating: Improves the effect of a critical hit. Base Surge is +50%. More rating is required to achieve the same percentage bonus at higher character levels.

Power: A secondary stat which improves damage and healing from all sources.

Critical Rating: Improves the chance of a critical hit. More rating is required to achieve the same percentage bonus at higher character levels.

I'm DECEPTION ASSASSINS and my main focus is Crit rating - when it comes to power and surge im not sure yet. im trying to have around 50/50.

i use maul alot so there i want to have power but then again i know i use lots of Discharge and shock - its kinda hard to make up my mind on the last one.

Maybe power and surge would be good - who knows?

Edited by -Mendez-

Please back this up with something other than yes do it! I'm also very curious. Either/or seems to make perfect sense.

straight from the sticky on top of the page:

GEARING

As with all Inquisitors, Willpower is your primary stat, and you use both physical and Force abilities, so you would rather take the Power statistic rather than Force Power. You do not need Alacrity as none of your abilities of note have cast-times. Critical Strike Rating is your single most important statistic, as your critical hits with Maul, Discharge and Shock do significantly more than the base +50%. While Surge Rating is also nice, you flat-out crave critical strike more than anything else until diminishing returns kicks in hard, because you have no method of ensuring critical strikes to keep Exploitive Strikes up aside from Force Potency.

Surge Rating is still valuable as well, because the built-in diminishing returns on Surge do not account for your flat bonuses to critical from your specialized skills. You can easily sport another +20% critical strike damage from gear.

In PvP, Expertise Rating will be your single most important statistic. Accuracy Rating will also come into consideration; while you previously could only miss with your basic Saber Strike attack, every class has a minimum of 5% defense, and tanks can have much more. I would strongly consider getting at least 10% accuracy, to make sure that you do not miss with a vital Crowd Control or interrupt against enemy Jedi Sages and Sith Sorcerers, who have a base defense of 10%.

so yeah, willpower > crit > surge > power unless we're talking pvp. then put expertise on top of the list.

i stack crit as much as possible. whenever i get jumped in open pvp, or jump someone else, even if they're 2-3 lvl's above me, they die....fast.

Edited by Soull

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I just recently hit 50 and started getting some columi/tionese gear. Im a madness assassin. Now based on the previous posts, it goes willpower>crit>surge. Can anyone tell me why the different sets of gear have different stats on them in terms of crit and power? are we supposed to be mixing and matching to get crit? or should i just buy the gear as is and try to mod them out? Sorry if i sound like a noob, just a little confused.

Can anyone also tell me the value of accuracy? The sets dont lean too high in the favor of accuracy so should i just get ear and implants to fill in for accuracy along with augment slots? Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Between Surge,Crit, and power as deception

1. Surge

2. Power

3. Crit

I don't stack crit because I don't have problems critting. I have the critical and surge relic as well which when I use I have 88.09% Multiplier... 30.53% crit chance. That's when recklessness comes into play. My Volatic Slash always crits and all I need to really crit is shock. When I use recklesness I've never had a shock not crit. So being I crit so much I get surge to maximize my DPS. (I don't know what the surge cap is but if anyone knows let me know)

Overcharge Saber

Relic (surge and crit 220)

Expertise buff

Recklesness

Volatic Slash X2

Shock

60%-70% Health gone

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for digging this thread out :p

I was wondering if Willpower was really superior to Power? Let me explain, of course it seems logical, 'cause Willpower is the primary stat, but here are my stats in the Bonus Damage section:

Bonus Damage: 451,3

_____Strengh: 130 (+26)

_____Willpower: 1792 (+358,4)

_____ Power: 291 (+66,9)

So, if you make the calculation, you find that:

1 Willpower point gives 0,200 Bonus Damage ( and Crtitical, do not forget that )

1 Power point gives 0,229 Bonus Damage

So I think that, first we have to boost Willpower & Crit to reach the Crit cap ( wich seems to be around 30% ), THEN we can focus everything ( Augment. objects, etc,,,, ) on Power.

What do you think about this? :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

Sorry for digging this thread out :p

I was wondering if Willpower was really superior to Power? Let me explain, of course it seems logical, 'cause Willpower is the primary stat, but here are my stats in the Bonus Damage section:

Bonus Damage: 451,3

_____Strengh: 130 (+26)

_____Willpower: 1792 (+358,4)

_____ Power: 291 (+66,9)

So, if you make the calculation, you find that:

1 Willpower point gives 0,200 Bonus Damage ( and Crtitical, do not forget that )

1 Power point gives 0,229 Bonus Damage

So I think that, first we have to boost Willpower & Crit to reach the Crit cap ( wich seems to be around 30% ), THEN we can focus everything ( Augment. objects, etc,,,, ) on Power.

What do you think about this? :rolleyes:

Not 100% sure if it's same for inqus since i just now started playing mine again. on my warrior strength augs were better because you gained around 1.50% critt or so from the willpower in the augs and that gives you room to redo some crit mods to power

Please back this up with something other than yes do it! I'm also very curious. Either/or seems to make perfect sense.

i dunno, maybe that little passive skill at the top of the tree that says "increases damage on critical hits of shock and discharge by xx%"

meaning your crits are your damage.

• 2 years later...
straight from the sticky on top of the page:

so yeah, willpower > crit > surge > power unless we're talking pvp. then put expertise on top of the list.

i stack crit as much as possible. whenever i get jumped in open pvp, or jump someone else, even if they're 2-3 lvl's above me, they die....fast.

10% then you might as well plan on NOT stacking at least one other ability such as power, crit, or surge. simply put your other abilities will suffer if you stack acc. The only exception to that is Darkness as they get buff through dark charge. I could see the sense in stacking if we had an ability that boosted acc until that happens I probably won't stack it. I ran with 95% and still missed peeps if i continued stacking I would have hamstringed power, crit or surge. Seeing as thats the case kinda makes stacking it at all pointless I mean if you still miss at 95% and you would end up giving up to much crit, power, surge you might as well not even stack it.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin