Latency causing enrage

Noticed as playing HM EC last night that there was some terrrrrrrrrible lag and some serious latency.

I was with a group that had the dps no problem to clear the fight which they have done before, the group was about 80% BH/CP gear so we were not under geared and as i said theyve done it before so there rotation wasent the issue.

Over the 5 minute fight with a persistent latency in the instance can build up to almost 15-20 seconds lost without even feeling or noticing the time difference.

If u assume 1400 dps, per dps, and 700 per tank thats 7000 ill make it 6000 just so i dont over estimate.

So you lose 15 seconds due to latency thats now 15x6000 which is 90,000 thats 90,000 extra damage we should of had time for before enrage but due to latency we lost this time and Z/T would enrage with a collective 40k health left.

take out the latency that was a first shot kill, instead spent 2 hours proving to ourselves it wasent our fault.

FIX THIS

ps tuesday ec sm with 80 people in instance = 50 fps

wednesday ec hm 40 people in instance = 5 fps

(all max settings)

and yes i lowered my settings to zilch helped the fps but doesnt fix latency.

Lemme know if anyone else finds this valid.

(right hand is broken so excuse my gammer and spelling)

Edited by WillHolmes

we have experienced similar problems - you are not alone. since 1.3 the operations have been way more laggy. (as in the majority of our players experienced zero lag per 1.3, and now tons of it.) you are not alone :)

Xavius, Guildmaster Heralds of the Voxyn

Maelstrom Prison and Kaon Under Siege also seem to have suffered with this, both final bosses enraged very quickly 4 mins (real world time) in Kiran's case. He wiped the group because of that (1 hit sniper shot sucks). Kaon wasn't so bad (no 1 hit kills) so be burned that guy down.

Not going to get fixed because its not server side its your computers! Or so Eaware keeps saying.

But as you and I both now, just because EA says it doesn't make it true. In fact, if EA says something chance are the exact opposite is true:mad:

Yeah same experience here. Thursday, August 9th my guild formed up two groups to clear last 2 bosses in EC HM. We had massive problems with the lag while trying to clear the minefield. Biggest problem was failing to interrupt overload and swipe abilities of the droid probe due to lag. That resulted in a series of wipes that increased our level of frustration to an unacceptable level for an activity that is supposed to be fun. Gear and experience were not an issue as we previously did the instance several times. Maybe it's worth noting that there were over 80 people in that instance.

This is a very very annoying situation and while I'm aware that MMORPG are prone to that type of problems I'm not keen to repeat the experience. Tonight we are going in for Kephess and I will report here if the lag/latency persists.

edit: It is not an end user hardware problem if all the members of the operations experience lag simultaneously. My groups raids together for some time now and we are past the phase when we were hiding our failures behind technical problems.

P.S. I'm playing on The Red Eclipse European server.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

It can't be pc lag, when its constantly happening to all members in raid group at the same moment. :)

He was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Although I would have to disagree with his assessment that BW blames our computers. Im sure they are aware of te issue. However given how long this has been going on I wouldn't expect a fix untill 1.4 rolls out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Duceman

Since patch 1.3.4 (I think this is when it started but I could be wrong) we have noticed that during OPS or Flashpoints there has been lag. When I say lag that does not just mean me. Everyone in a group and across instances of the Flashpoints/Ops have the problem at the sametime. We have verified this while using vent/mumble and by talking in general chat to other groups in Explosive Conflict. When we see the lag EVERYONE sees it at the sametime. This is easy to recreate by just spending sometime in a flashpoint or Ops. Our theory on what is causing the problem is that it happens when a new instance is created and/or when a group wipes and runs back in. We do not have a way to prove that but I assume that you guys have the tools to see if that is what is happening. When will this problem be fixed?

We have seen an increase in reports of lag spikes happening for groups as a whole during Operations and Flashpoints since 1.3 was released and it's been a top priority to identify the causes and resolve them. We have already identified a few optimizations and are looking at implementing them after they're fully tested, but unfortunately I can't provide a specific patch when they'll be ready to go in at this time.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Just so you know that the Devs are at least aware of the issue.