Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

To be completely honest, I really don't mind, either. I just take issue with people who trivialize the retroactive changes, because those complaints are completely justified. People bought those items, possibly with real money, as they were. They may not have done the same with those items as they are now. If people take issue with that, they're very much entitled to be aggravated. :)

Just because a change doesn't bother you, it does not mean that anyone it does bother should be belittled and bullied.

I can't argue against this. What I find important may not be important to others and visa versa, and I learned long ago to respect that fact.

I do think it's a bit messed up to change items like this...from unbound to bound. That usually doesn't go well when that happens in most games, at least from my experience.

But, for me it's ok...I gave them a pass. Not wild about it, but for me it's not that much of a concern.

But that is just me. I try to avoid any illusion that my opinion portends to some mass agreement.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be completely honest, I really don't mind, either. I just take issue with people who trivialize the retroactive changes, because those complaints are completely justified. People bought those items, possibly with real money, as they were. They may not have done the same with those items as they are now. If people take issue with that, they're very much entitled to be aggravated. :)

Just because a change doesn't bother you, it does not mean that anyone it does bother should be belittled and bullied.

Nobody belittled you or bullied you over the subject, or anyone else for that matter that I am aware of. Stop playing faux victim.

And since it does not really bother, why all the pretense that it does? That just makes it look like you want to pick a fight over something you do not even care about.

Edited by Andryah

Nobody belittled you or bullied you over the subject, or anyone else for that matter that I am aware of. Stop playing faux victim.

And since it does not really bother, why all the pretense that it does? That just makes it look like you want to pick a fight over something you do not even care about.

Never said I was bullied or belittled, although I just quoted an attempt to do so. :) Simply saying that I see certain toxic individuals displaying that behaviour here, dragging the community down. And for the latter statement, you have again defined irony. :)

Edited by CelCawdro

Never said I was bullied or belittled, although I just quoted an attempt to do so. :) Simply saying that I see certain toxic individuals displaying that behaviour here, dragging the community down. And for the latter statement, you have again defined irony. :)

Ad hominem attacks do seem to be your preference these days don't they? Now that .. that is irony.

Protip: you cannot bully someone in an internet forum. But hey if you feel there is bullying.. /report it. You are not the forum police.. so you do not get to define what is/is-not to convenience your agenda.

Edited by Andryah

Ad hominem attacks do seem to be your preference these days don't they? Now that .. that is irony.

Protip: you cannot bully someone in an internet forum. But hey if you feel there is bullying.. /report it. You are not the forum police.. so you do not get to define what is/is-not to convenience your agenda.

Again, irony. :)

Ok. That ship sunk pretty fast lol.

I would like to chime in on something...the toxicity in this thread. Of all places I would expect to see vitriol spewed back and forth this would not be one of them.

This is an issue, IMO, that should not invoke such irresponsible behavior. Passion, a discussion, perhaps even a bit of snarkyness, sure. But this level of toxic diatribe? Reading over the posts made I have counted 12...thats 12 folks...12 violations of the forum rules.

I wish there was some way to get across the absolute fact that it is possible to restrain yourselves, more so since you have a natural buffer...called a keyboard.

Please cut it out. Let's discuss this amicably, not tear each other to shreds.

Whew.

Moving on, I would ask those concerned about the change...is there something that can be done, short of returning it to the way it was before, that would satisfy? What about a bind to legacy?

Edited by LordArtemis

why are we surprised at all EA again was voted worst company in the world and AGAIN just brush it off their shoulders like nothing. the company is made of lieing theifing immature employees and bosses who couldnt find a good review of their company to save their lives.

Just sick of the way they treat their community no *********** clue why im subscribed if we dont get **** for it but 500 coins which u know they are secretly charging us for by keeping at 15$ sub

Though I think bind to legacy would be a good compromise. There will still be people upset because its still bound when it didn't used to be. And there would be people upset that its still passable between characters on an account.

Personally I think the collection option is great. For example, I have a revan statue, which is handy cause I have a repair/vendor anytime i want. Now when it didnt bind, its not like i mailed it to an alt everytime i switch characters. Thats more work than just finding a regular vendor. But with the collection option, bound it once, unlocked it via collection. And now i have an infinite supply, all cutrent and future alts will have their own revan statue.

And if the thought of paying cartel coins twice is the problem, almost all toys are on the gtn.

I don't understand what the rage is about here. You want it on more than one toon shouldn't you have to pay for it? If I buy a TV for my living room I don't magically get a duplicate for the bedroom unless I buy one. The fact that we only have to buy twice to get it infinate number of times is awesome. Stop the qq

/rant

Ok, two things wrong with this post.

With a TV you are talking about a physical thing that took physical raw materials to produce. They had to actualy mine and dig for the elements/compounds. They had to ship it to get refined. They had to ship it to the fabricators. They had to ship it to the assemply. They had to box it up. They had to ship it to the warehouse. They had to ship it to the distriputer. They shipped it to the retail vendor.

And this has to be repeated for EVERY TV EVER MADE.

Raven or any VIRTUAL item. Created on a computer screen. Clicked multiple times to do graphics, Clicked multiple times to email. Clicked multiple times in testting. Clicked ONCE to the cartel market.

And this only has to be done ONCE. Once its virtually made itd done. Its digital its not physical. It is literally fake.

Now for a better TV analogy. Lets look at Dish or Direct TV or cable. FOR FREE THEY GIVE IT TO EVERY ROOM. Usually you only need one box. It does magically duplicate in your home. Why is it free to have every room with all the 1000 channels. Because you are paying for it and its technically free to multiply the signal. Just like its technically free to multiply digital items.

Now the second part. How dare you in your signature have a post requesting to have DATACRONS TO BE LEGACY WIDE. THESE ARE ITEMS EARNED BY YOUR INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER ON THEIR QUEST TO BECOME GREAT AND IN THE STORY. You have the nerve to say those should be free to all your characters when they did not go get them.. Fight their way through danger. Go through the challenge. Retrive the datacron and have that character make an individual and personal achievement.

BUT YOU SAY OTHER DIGITAL ITEMS MUST BE BOUGHT AMOUNG ALL YOUR CHARACTERS.

Though I think bind to legacy would be a good compromise. There will still be people upset because its still bound when it didn't used to be. And there would be people upset that its still passable between characters on an account.

Personally I think the collection option is great. For example, I have a revan statue, which is handy cause I have a repair/vendor anytime i want. Now when it didnt bind, its not like i mailed it to an alt everytime i switch characters. Thats more work than just finding a regular vendor. But with the collection option, bound it once, unlocked it via collection. And now i have an infinite supply, all cutrent and future alts will have their own revan statue.

And if the thought of paying cartel coins twice is the problem, almost all toys are on the gtn.

Yea, I understand that. Having it as a non-binding item though means the economy fills with the item and it generally becomes next to worthless. For items on the bottom of the scale they would sell for as low as 100EC if I remember correctly.

I think top end items...in demand, or more valuable toys (some are more valuable than others) should be bind to legacy. Others should be as they are, the lower value items like the banners, glowing eyes, that sort of thing.

I wonder what they are doing with the ball.

Yea, I understand that. Having it as a non-binding item though means the economy fills with the item and it generally becomes next to worthless. For items on the bottom of the scale they would sell for as low as 100EC if I remember correctly.

I think top end items...in demand, or more valuable toys (some are more valuable than others) should be bind to legacy. Others should be as they are, the lower value items like the banners, glowing eyes, that sort of thing.

I wonder what they are doing with the ball.

Completely agreed. I was surprised that none of these items were bound in the first place - the issue arises when these practices are applied retroactively. Someone may have bought that Revan statue to use on all of his alts, someone may have bought the Life Orb to act as an RP item passed down from character to character, etc. Is BioWare within their rights to change the system? Sure. But is it classy to change the rules after the fact?

Is BioWare within their rights to change the system? Sure. But is it classy to change the rules after the fact?

That's the real issue, they NEVER once said they should be bound, this went on for many months as is... now, they are supposed to be bound? People say its not much to buy it, well, lets say you have 12 toons, and you buy it through legacy for each one... that is FAR from cheap.

They messed this one up..... Ill accept legacy bound if they do that, but they will not get my money for anything more that is fluff until they do play fair. They already took money from people and than decided to change many of the items to bound status way too late in the game IMO.

Legacy Bound would be the fair compromise....

Edited by Themanthatisi

Ok, two things wrong with this post.

With a TV you are talking about a physical thing that took physical raw materials to produce. They had to actualy mine and dig for the elements/compounds. They had to ship it to get refined. They had to ship it to the fabricators. They had to ship it to the assemply. They had to box it up. They had to ship it to the warehouse. They had to ship it to the distriputer. They shipped it to the retail vendor.

And this has to be repeated for EVERY TV EVER MADE.

Raven or any VIRTUAL item. Created on a computer screen. Clicked multiple times to do graphics, Clicked multiple times to email. Clicked multiple times in testting. Clicked ONCE to the cartel market.

And this only has to be done ONCE. Once its virtually made itd done. Its digital its not physical. It is literally fake.

Now for a better TV analogy. Lets look at Dish or Direct TV or cable. FOR FREE THEY GIVE IT TO EVERY ROOM. Usually you only need one box. It does magically duplicate in your home. Why is it free to have every room with all the 1000 channels. Because you are paying for it and its technically free to multiply the signal. Just like its technically free to multiply digital items.

Now the second part. How dare you in your signature have a post requesting to have DATACRONS TO BE LEGACY WIDE. THESE ARE ITEMS EARNED BY YOUR INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER ON THEIR QUEST TO BECOME GREAT AND IN THE STORY. You have the nerve to say those should be free to all your characters when they did not go get them.. Fight their way through danger. Go through the challenge. Retrive the datacron and have that character make an individual and personal achievement.

BUT YOU SAY OTHER DIGITAL ITEMS MUST BE BOUGHT AMOUNG ALL YOUR CHARACTERS.

The other main problem with the TV analogy is that it's not an analogy. The issue here is that there was a feature that was previously paid for (unbound toys) that is now being removed after payment and requires a second payment for that functionality to be returned.

So the TV analogy only becomes one where you buy a TV and put it in your living room. Next day you decide it's better in the bedroom. But then, one day you decide you want it back in the living room, but the TV won't move/won't work unless you pay the manufacturer another fee to re-enable the free transfer of your TV to the living room. That's the analogy. I don't care if the fee is 2 pennies to do so - that's absolutely not right and is wholly worthy of complaint.

Good point on account-wide datacrons.

The other main problem with the TV analogy is that it's not an analogy. The issue here is that there was a feature that was previously paid for (unbound toys) that is now being removed after payment and requires a second payment for that functionality to be returned.

So the TV analogy only becomes one where you buy a TV and put it in your living room. Next day you decide it's better in the bedroom. But then, one day you decide you want it back in the living room, but the TV won't move/won't work unless you pay the manufacturer another fee to re-enable the free transfer of your TV to the living room. That's the analogy. I don't care if the fee is 2 pennies to do so - that's absolutely not right and is wholly worthy of complaint.

Great reply!

That's the real issue, they NEVER once said they should be bound, this went on for many months as is... now, they are supposed to be bound? People say its not much to buy it, well, lets say you have 12 toons, and you buy it through legacy for each one... that is FAR from cheap.

Legacy Bound would be the fair compromise....

I would like to add though that you don't have to buy it thru the collections(legacy wide) once and you get an unlimited supply on all alts. you dont pay for each alt.

...And I would like to concede that this type of action in all the games I have ever played was never taken very well...the reaction always seemed to be toxic.

So I would just say concerns and complaints are common in this kind of situation and I think players that have concerns are justified in those concerns.

Incorrect.

A better analogy would be to say that the television company told you that the last place you placed it, it would stay forever more. Before adding that for an optional additional fee, you can have a tv of the same model/functionality installed in any room of the house that you want, including the bathroom. These tvs would be additional tv's that worked the same way of your now fixed-in-place tv.

You are not paying extra to buy back the transferability. There are two things they have done here.

1. toys are now bound on use. (I'm surprised that wasnt the case from the beginning)

2. for a fee, you can buy an unlock for unlimited copies that any alt can claim, whether old alts or newly created ones. If I create a new toon tomorrow, they can have their very own Revan statue or skiff or uniform if I unlock it.

I can understand some saying the unlock prices are a little steep, some of the newer items seem expensive to unlock, but I think the collections works, its early days, and some of those prices may go down in time.

Edited by decoyofham
missing some words...

I can understand some saying the unlock prices are a little steep, some of the newer items seem expensive to unlock, but I think the collections works, its early days, and some of those prices may go down in time.

I did not ask for a possibility of endless copying. I was fine with a single piece which I could mail away freely.

Also cartel market is up for like 7 months AND NO PRICES WENT DOWN to the level of reasonable yet.

I would like to add though that you don't have to buy it thru the collections(legacy wide) once and you get an unlimited supply on all alts. you dont pay for each alt.

Thanks, my wife pointed that out to me this weekend as well... :)

She caved in and went the CC route.... I think that is what BW is hoping for, that us complaining, will spend the CC at some point and we all shut up.

Since I do well with money in game, I decided, Ill buy them from the GTN for my high level alts. I will not give BW my money for any of the toys in collections or for any cartel or dye packs. The rest of the CM, I have no issues with...

Edited by Themanthatisi