Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

Squiddish

I ask this question honestly having gone 1-37 now with my Smuggler (that's 1 warzone win, 37 losses). I've never ended up in a Republic v Republic Huttball game, and the 1 win was a 9v4. We somehow had 9 people in a Battle for Alderaan, and we got the "Lobby will close not enough players" message every 30 seconds or so because the imp team kept waggling between 4-5 people.

Republic DOES NOT WIN. EVER. EVER EVER EVER.

I thought being on the Alliance was someone's idea of a cruel and unusual punishment in WoW, but at least they won OCCASIONALLY. Is this seriously just my server?

Just for kicks, I rolled a Sith Sorc on my server. I've lost 1 warzone on him, and it was Imp v Imp Huttball. All 7 games against Republic, we steamrolled hard. I find it difficult to believe that the entirety of the Republic is this bad.

Someone, tell me there is hope on another server. Please.

Maybe it's because the Republic players aren't too good on your server or they just aren't up to level with the Empire players? The level 10s vs level 50s is getting ridiculous. It's outleveling, not outplaying.

I have noticed a crapload of this, so hopefully it'll balance out over time. Its always 4-5 Imp 50s vs our team led by a 35-40.

On a sidenote: BOLSTER IS TOTALLY WORKING BIOWARE, DON'T CHANGE A THING!

Edited by Squiddish

Also keep in mind, with the Empire having nearly 2x more guilds(especially if you are on a pvp server), you are more likely to run into premade empire groups in warfields. Not saying to avoid pugs if that is all you can get, but when you find some decent people friend em and make your own group until things smooth out.

Played all night yesterday, i noticed my republic side was a bunch of 10-20'ies and imps were 25-50'ies, they just american football styled through the defend/attack warzone and we had no chance at all. it was better at the turret capture the point, at least i could group up with random republic soldiers and get the sides. but as soon as I/we went to get a 2nd point the first one would be lost... like half their team is in stealth and just waiting for us to leave the point:'(

This is just gonna end up like every other 2 faction mmo, one side will dominate and world pvp will be pointless, sure the ganksters will enjoy, but the dream of major battles is gone.

Has anyone even had contact with the other faction in open world, I have yet to see a member of the opposing faction on the 2 servers im on, death wind and reaper.

This is just gonna end up like every other 2 faction mmo, one side will dominate and world pvp will be pointless, sure the ganksters will enjoy, but the dream of major battles is gone.

Has anyone even had contact with the other faction in open world, I have yet to see a member of the opposing faction on the 2 servers im on, death wind and reaper.

We need a third faction!

As it is now..it's perfect platfrom for excellent PvP.

Rebels outnumbered, using guerilla tactics to fight for supremacy/balance...

but..

it's only achievable if devs make a nice world pvp objectives that are worth for.

Achieving that only thru community created scenarios is very hard at this point..if possible at all..

More world pvp action..overlaping contested areas with actually fightin there...as it is now even on full server looks more like a deserted game than freshly released product.

Hoping for the best.

Need to have a scenario that runs 24/7 with each team defending a stronghold with a flag. Object is to break in grab the other teams flag and run it back to your own for a point, instance resets every 15 min, the team ahead at the buzzer getting the points cash valor xp.

This way people could come and go as they pleased and there would always be pvp going on.

Make the maps fairly large outdoor maps and cap each instance at 20 players per side.

Edited by sunsu

I love the style of pvp right now, but it's not enjoyable for the most part. 90% of the time as republic you are losing, and not close fun losses it's total faceroll against 5-6 sorcerors all stunning and lightning you to death. The idea of buff stats and throwing everyone in the same bracket was kinda cool but it really falls flat. Lower levels can't move as fast, have less gear, less stuns, less everything and will pretty much get stunlocked and killed in under 3 seconds. Not to mention when you get on a team where everyone except maybe 1 person is over 20 vs a team where everyone is over 25+ it's a total loss and not even close.

As far as world pvp I've encounter the ever so fun level 50 trolling lowest level zones he can get to tattooine and killing lvl 20s what a hero he was. And once ald~ trying to get into that palace area near the end I ran up on a group of 4 sith and got owned. I have yet to actually encounter and fight anyone 1v1 they always mount up and speed away and since I don't really care I just continue questing.

I love the style of pvp right now, but it's not enjoyable for the most part. 90% of the time as republic you are losing, and not close fun losses it's total faceroll against 5-6 sorcerors all stunning and lightning you to death. The idea of buff stats and throwing everyone in the same bracket was kinda cool but it really falls flat. Lower levels can't move as fast, have less gear, less stuns, less everything and will pretty much get stunlocked and killed in under 3 seconds. Not to mention when you get on a team where everyone except maybe 1 person is over 20 vs a team where everyone is over 25+ it's a total loss and not even close.

As far as world pvp I've encounter the ever so fun level 50 trolling lowest level zones he can get to tattooine and killing lvl 20s what a hero he was. And once ald~ trying to get into that palace area near the end I ran up on a group of 4 sith and got owned. I have yet to actually encounter and fight anyone 1v1 they always mount up and speed away and since I don't really care I just continue questing.

For the first, yeah big mistake on Bioware's part not to have appropriate level brackets for warzones. Which is strange considering some of the pvp devs worked on WAR, where they had such a functional system. Not to mention more than three warzones (or scenarios as they were called there)

For the second...that's "glories" of 2 faction, open world pvp I'm afraid. Which again didn't really work very well in WAR or Rift, or Aion.

As several others have said, it just boils down to your server. I think in all my PvP so far I've lost maybe 7-8 games, steadily doing Warzones in pick up groups on Darth Bandon. As republic you pretty much never have to wait in queue to get in and if you can get a few guildmates to work with you you'll mop the floor with Empire (on my server). This is always an issue in RvR games, unfortunately the best suggestion I can make if you're really unhappy is to find a guild and play with them.

Well something I've noticed playing on Corellian Run is that pvp is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. When the Sith are allowed to fire THROUGH obstacles and the Republic is not, that's not right. When they are allowed to pass the ball while stunned or dead, that's not right. When they are allowed to hit you with a dozen stuns/interrupts/pushbacks in quick succession of each other and Resolute doesn't kick in even when you have a full white bar that's not right. When they become immune after just 2 stuns, that's not right. When they are allowed to have lvl 10s that can cream a lvl 50 in full pvp gear that's not right. When the empire ALWAYS wins a tie in Voidstar, that's not right. When the empire can induce a lag spike in the Republic side in Huttball and make us all stand still or fall INTO the floor, while they score 6 times and the entire Republic team can't do anything except sit there, it's not right. Many players on my server have noticed this, and no it's not my skills. I'm almost Battlemaster as a healer so I know the game. PvP is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. They can hit harder class for class and level for level and have access to exploits the Republic cannot.

Scepter of Ragnos - never won twice a row being on the Republic team.

Often I get nerdrage and cuss out my team mates.

I usually get these kinds of replies:

"Come on, you're ruining the game for us"

"We're just trying to have a fun time"

Clearly carebear statements.

Well something I've noticed playing on Corellian Run is that pvp is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. When the Sith are allowed to fire THROUGH obstacles and the Republic is not, that's not right. When they are allowed to pass the ball while stunned or dead, that's not right. When they are allowed to hit you with a dozen stuns/interrupts/pushbacks in quick succession of each other and Resolute doesn't kick in even when you have a full white bar that's not right. When they become immune after just 2 stuns, that's not right. When they are allowed to have lvl 10s that can cream a lvl 50 in full pvp gear that's not right. When the empire ALWAYS wins a tie in Voidstar, that's not right. When the empire can induce a lag spike in the Republic side in Huttball and make us all stand still or fall INTO the floor, while they score 6 times and the entire Republic team can't do anything except sit there, it's not right. Many players on my server have noticed this, and no it's not my skills. I'm almost Battlemaster as a healer so I know the game. PvP is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. They can hit harder class for class and level for level and have access to exploits the Republic cannot.

The classes are almost exact mirrors. I am inclined to say you don't actually know the game. All your other claims are just ridiculous.

Edited by Meluna