Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

I love the Legacy stuff...and that's a problem. I would like to try leveling a character on a PVP server or on another PVE server where another friend/guild plays but I don't want to lose all my Legacy perks or spend time leveling a character that isn't contributing to my Legacy.

Any plans to expand Legacy to be across servers (i.e. tied to your account not the server you are on)?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i am wondering, Will there be titles introduced for getting 400/400 for your vrafting skill?

For example:

Biochem = Dr. (name)

Armormech = Engineer (name)

Synthweaving = Fabricator (name)

Armstech = Gunsmith (name)

Artifice = Archaeologist (name)

Cybertech = Programmer (name)

etc.

-Mike

Chat bubbles?

Please? Socializing in Fleet is a bit stale, being relegated to channel /1 and such. Spatial chat bubbles would only serve to further increase immersion, and remove the social chatter from /1 which is being spammed for trade and group.

Not sure if asked in the past, if so, update?

Are there any plans to benefit players who walk the ambiguous gray path? I play a smuggler who is thoroughly grey side at lvl 50, he takes credit making opportunities when he can but doesn't harm those he considers innocent. Yet there are no rewards for this style of play.

Is there any plan to implement value to a grayside character as opposed to the simplistic lightside/darkside duality?

Edited by nicesocks
Cleaned up the language, removed redundancies.

PvP is very important to a lot of players, and with 1.2 essentially eliminating all use for Ilum, and all this great pvp armor, is there anything you can tell use about upcoming PvP? Maybe something new to do besides warzones?

Why are the companion bonuses to crafting so random and uneven? For instance, the Trooper is the obvious choice if you want the best possible Armormech, as it has a companion with +5 crit on Armormech, +5 crit on Scavenging, and +1 crit on Underworld Trading. By contrast, the Jedi Consular has no really good options, as its crits are for Armstech (2), Scavenging (2), Diplomacy (2), and Underworld Trading (1). Armstech is pretty much useless to a Consular, and I guess if you went Cybertech the rest of it could be useful, but it is much, much farther down in usefulness than the Trooper.

Just a Codex Question. Are the bug fixes any priority? So many codex that I can't seem to find/get and a few that never seem to trigger. Examples include: Sith Academy, Revanites, Tomb Raiders, and a handful of others just between Korriban and Dromund Kaas. :(

Please help my OCD.

Can you explain the difference in art directions between Empire and Republic?

A little background info:

Armor style and the fleets particular. Armor for example is completely faction specific. You cannot have an agent wear a smuggler type of disguise because the armor automatically converts to agents armor. I could understand sith and jedi, but the more neutral professions like bounty hunter and smuggler being exclusive doesn't make sense. The fleets have such stark contrasts as well. The Empire fleet is bright white, clean, and more open with minimal to no advertisements. The Republic fleet is a subdued yellow, cluttered, and claustrophobic. with advertisements taking up space everywhere. As a Republic player the experience has left some friends and myself envious.

Edited by Ebena

Not sure if my question belongs here, as it´s more a future i want to see into the game.

I´m a guild leader, and as guild leader I want to be able to send out mails to my whole guild.

Right now this is only possible by sending out mails one by one to all my members .. and thats kinda very time demanding if you have a big guild.

So the question is ... is there comming a option to send out mails to the whole guild at once ?

regards Giand Amazone

Edited by Giand-Amazone

With the game update to 1.2 Artifice patterns were added for +41 stat color crystals for blue & red off the daily vendor as well as blue & yellow off the pvp vendor. Many people are wondering what happened to the green and orange crystal patterns? Rumor is that the orange patters are a random drop from high level mobs & chests, but I have yet to read or hear anything about anyone locating a pattern for the +41 stat green color crystals. Can you confirm that the orange patters are now high level world drops & can it be confirmed that the green color patterns are in the game somewhere?

Why can crafters simply purchase a full set of PvP schematics and in doing so make full sets of custom (rated) PvP gear with Augment slots including Boots and Gloves, when all the custom PvE schematics are the same old sets which still only consist of Head-Chest-Legs? Next to that; why can't we reverse engineer custom items into craftable shells from random drops, flashpoints and vendors (like the TH-15A Corpsman Body Armor) when it was explicitly stated that we could reverse engineer many existing custom items into craftable versions of the same name? Combined with the inability to transfer set-bonuses from pre-1.2 armoring (as we were being led to believe, and which can still be easily rectified by allowing us to exchange our 'old tech' shells for a set of 'new tech' Armorings), I find this chain of events pretty disheartening... Empty promises and word games.

Instead of 'look how you want to look', we're still at the stage of 'look how you want to look, unless you don't want to gimp yourself. Then you have to look how we want you to look'. :(

Edited by Danakar

I have a question:

There is a lot of choices in the game. You have 8 classes (4 republic and 4 imperial) and each have 2 advenced classes. You have Light / dark side choices and more... Isn't it quite weird to have so many choices and only 8 character slots? Sice I had 6 characters even before Legacy patch has been released its kinda useless to me, that I unlocked new species combinations.... are there any plans to expand max. nubmer of character slots?

What are you design goals for the value of WZ-specific knowledge for success?

My opinion is the thing that makes Huttball so innovative is the reason why I like it the least. ( I level some alts 1-49 with solo pugging WZ due to LFG & Daily; never will PvP @ 50 for the obvious reasons. )

Huttball seems to be much more of a team sport; experience in that particular WZ is valuable . Whereas I think anyone who has run around Arathi Basin will not be that confused about Alder; victory will tend to go to better combat PvP skills combined with cross-game PvP skills (fight near node, don't trickle in,...)

There is no right answer, just personal taste. I do think that the more you make teamwork but especially WZ-specific skills, the less well it works in PUGs. And especially where one of the two sides could be on-Mumble premades. People lining up so you can do 5 immediate passes is wonderful teamwork but not quite what I consider PvP. On the other hand, pre made 50 rated WZs need things much more interesting than deathmatches. IMO, what makes good map for rated teams makes a frustrating map for solo pugs where the knowledge of your teammates is much more variable.

Is there any desire to reflect the differences between pugs and rated teams with the maps they are offered?

Generally speaking I have 2 armour sets I have to switch between when I'm out doing HMs / Dailies and then my Queue pops for PvP. I would like a toggle on my character sheet that instantly switches the armour I'm wearing based on two separate paper dolls. Dual speccing would be nice but this would be awesome!

Think you could do that?

I want to know if there will be any updates for Space combat. The repetitive missions with upgraded enemies is just boring. Are there any plans to bring an X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter style free roam aspect to space missions? What about Space PvP in the future? Edited by Fudgestick
adding space pvp question

There seems to be a lot of bias in boss mechanics towards ranged classes. A lot of times when hearing how to beat a flashpoint and especially operation boss a lot of the mechanics are geared to make melee classes have to maneuver around the boss or stay aware of what the boss is doing WAY more than range has to.

This is to the point that boss fights are not doable with just melee, but extremely favorable with more ranged. The droid boss in Lost Island is a great example of this.

Was this intentional or are there numbers in the background that balance this out (such as melee does more damage than ranged since they have to move around more and have less time to dps)?

I too would like to see swappable gear sets. It just seems more convenient. Is there some plans on allowing a person to switch between 2 paperdolls at a single click on the charactor pane? Edited by Parali
multiple questions

Is there a reason the pre 1.2 endgame gear armoring mods have been locked to the type of armor they were taken from?

I was under the impression it was to facilitate the removal of the set bonus when this was still planned, and while set bonus movement hasn't come with these armors the locking to type has.

As a Sentinel I'd like to add the more dps focused armoring from a piece of rakatan headgear to the rakatan chest but can't, just curious as to why when there doesn't seem to be a need for this limitation.

Please tell me who actually voiced C2-N2 and 2V-R8. Also who provided the voice sounds for Yuun, Qyzen-Fess, Blizz, Broonmark, and Khem Val. I collect autographs from all the main characters and companions and would love to complete my collection!

Can you explain the design logic behind the Sniper / Gunslinger set bonus? Generally speaking, all other set bonuses are distinctly valuable, but this particular set bonus seems to fall very short of expectations. Many of my Gunslinger and Sniper friends simply do not care about their set bonus at all, and have happily pulled their mods out of their old Rakata items to modd up orange items, with no concern for the loss of either their 2 set or 4 set bonus. Do you have any comment about this? Any chance that this set bonus will be modified in the future to make it more desirable? Edited by BlackMink

My question is about companion armor. Currently several companions come with pretty unique armor that can't be duplicated at high level, such as Galt, Vette, Pierce, and Kaliyo to name a few, and a lot of orange sets have class restrictions that won't allow them to be used on companions based on that class. Can we get companion sets as empty orange shells (crafted patterns or the actual items purchased from companion customization vendors would be fine) and have companions added to restricted armor so that we can diversify the appearance more please?