GSF when not subbed...

LordFell

I'm letting my subscription lapse; I think I've got about 6 weeks. Does anyone know if I can still fly GSF?

...anything else, GSF related, that not being a subscriber will change?

You can play as much as you want. That's what's great about GSF, it's completely free to play.

The only thing that's going to change is you're going to gain requisition at half the rate you're used too. That's the only advantage being subbed gives you in GSF.

It's not even half the rate. There was briefly a time that it was, but early on there was some factor added in. It's more like 2/3rds the rate or something now (you still get the base and the buff, not the base, the buff, and the subscriber), and you still gain full requisition from clickables. Every game shows you how much a subscriber versus a non-subscriber earns.

GSF is probably the most accessible content in the game for free to play and preferred- you can do everything, as often as you want, and with no limits on your player power.

• 1 month later...
I'm letting my subscription lapse; I think I've got about 6 weeks. Does anyone know if I can still fly GSF?

...anything else, GSF related, that not being a subscriber will change?

For GSF you don't really need subscription.

Paying fleet comms to fleet vendors will cost 25% more.

- Starship Imperial Scout Decoration = 500 fleet comms for subscribers, 625 for preferred.

- Legacy (4000) ship requisition token = 350 fleet comms for subscribers, 435 for preferred.

- Etc.

This is a good way to reward subscribers.

Just stating the obvious: buying GSF paintjobs from GTN could get more difficult, if asking price > 350,000 credits. If you have too many GSF alts, you may not have enough slots as a preferred player.

The CXP daily bonus message at the bottom of the Activity Window will be replaced by a reminder to subscribe. This is bad. The game keeps losing players and group activities queues will keep taking longer (especially on Leviathan). A reminder to subscribe is fine, but covering the CXP bonus message is bad. It'd be better to have it greyed out but visible like before. Bioware please fix!