Hard FPs in order of difficulty

Hardest --> Easiest (Top to Bottom) (imo)

Kaon under Siege (bonus boss is slightly overtuned, imo)

Esseles (crazy dps check for 1st boss, interupts are a pain for the 2nd)

Battle for Ilum (2nd to last boss is a pain in the ***)

Directive 7

False Emperor

Taral V

Maelstrom

None of them are hard per-say, but the hardER ones have one or two encounters that make them a pain.

The bonus boss in Kaon is crazy. The adds take some co-ordination and your healer is going to have to know his/her stuff. The biggest issue w/ this fpoint were the Mercenaries that will grapple a random player and stun + periodically damage the player until a) death b) interupt c) death of player. Pulling packs w/ two of these proved to be not wise.

The first boss in Esseles is a pure dps check. Bring someone who can aoe like none other. 2nd boss w/ the interupts is also challenging.

Battle or Ilum's first bosses w/ the 4 turrets takes some coordination as well as great dps. The 2nd to last boss takes -perfect- coordination and lots of quick aoe otherwise it's an easy wipe.

Directive 7 wasn't too bad. We only had issues w/ the big droid guy w/ the repair bots. Extremely tight dps check..but does minimal damage when enraged.

False Emperor was meh. HK-47 is a nice dps check.

Taral and Maelstrom are incredibly easy..nothing worth noting.

For Empire

EASIEST

Black Talon

The Foundry

Battle of Ilum

Boarding Party

Kaon Under Siege (normal bosses)

False Emperor

Directive 7

Kaon Under Siege (bonus boss)

HARDEST

All just opinion of course. Different people will find different instances harder depending on the quality of the group they ran them with.

What is clear is that the KUS bonus boss is the hardest thing in flashpoints atm. I personally welcome this; especially as it drops another Columi headpiece, which makes it worth the trouble. I believe this boss to be working as Bioware intended.

I would agree with the list above. I ran Koan last night and the bonus boss is indeed hard. IMO this is the way the new flashpoint model should work. Make the required bosses challenging, but make the optional bosses even more so. Having the same loot table as the final boss in the instance is also a great idea. For those who want to work for it they can be rewarded with a 2nd chance at the same loot.

As far as I can tell there isnt anything "bugged" with the boss either. Its just an intense DPS/Healing fight. That requires good coordination and proper CD usage. IMO this was the funnest HM flashpoint boss to heal and the instance overall was enjoyable.

In my opinion, on hard mode (empire), easiest to hardest:

Black Talon

False Emperor

Directive 7

Foundry

Boarding Party

Kaon Under Siege (mostly due to the bonus boss and some of the trash packs)

Battle of Ilum

All of them except FE and BT has one boss that is miles harder than the others in the FP, it seems.

In my opinion, on hard mode (empire), easiest to hardest:

Black Talon

False Emperor

Directive 7

Foundry

Boarding Party

Kaon Under Siege (mostly due to the bonus boss and some of the trash packs)

Battle of Ilum

All of them except FE and BT has one boss that is miles harder than the others in the FP, it seems.

Are you still under the impression that Foundry/BP/BoI are still in their pre patch state? Just curious.

I really don't think any of them are hard... I would rather rank them in order of most time consuming...

ie. Taral V being the fastest, and The False Emperor being the longest.

Edited by cantoo

For Empire

EASIEST

Black Talon

The Foundry

Battle of Ilum

Boarding Party

Kaon Under Siege (normal bosses)

False Emperor

Directive 7

Kaon Under Siege (bonus boss)

HARDEST

All just opinion of course. Different people will find different instances harder depending on the quality of the group they ran them with.

What is clear is that the KUS bonus boss is the hardest thing in flashpoints atm. I personally welcome this; especially as it drops another Columi headpiece, which makes it worth the trouble. I believe this boss to be working as Bioware intended.

I agree, I believe this bonus boss was intended to be a very tough fight on hard mode because 1) It drops the head piece but 2) it's a new encounter.

People are so used to "zomg dps nao!" fights to beat enrage timers that anything that doesn't include an easy boss with a lot of health is too hard to comprehend.

Let me make this very clear: Enrage timers are a crutch mechanic that were obviously used for initial end-game content.

As the game comes out with newer content, I expect enrage timers to become "rare" for lack of a better term. There are much better ways to create interesting fights that are difficult without adding an enrage timer: Two perfect examples of this are KUS and D7.

KUS is a finely tuned fight that rewards good positioning, good reaction times (You need to use crowd control abilities liberally) and is somewhat of a gear check (Requires decent geared tank and healer along with DPS that can burn adds fast.)

D7 Final Boss is a fun fight that just requires a good healer that knows how to position and move, as well as DPS that understand how to do the same (DPS and move).

Both instances are the most fun I've had in a flashpoint since Red Reaper Boss fight (And possibly Collicoid War Games)