The loot mechanic of Operations is way off..

Today someone got 8 columni pieces after clearing karaggas palace and EV on normal mode.

How do you expect people to keep a raid together for farming gear on normal when some ppl are equipped after 2 runs and some dont have anything?

The geared people want to do hardmodes and the ungeared cant..

I can understand random mechanics and some being more lucky than others, but this is just too much - try convincing people that gain nothing to raid the same place for the X. time..

People should progress through the gear progression in roughly the same time given they spend the same effort otherwise u tear the operation groups apart.

if they arent willing to assist their comrades to further their own progression you prob didnt need them in the long run. also the same gear can be gained from HM FP, and you shold run them to help get mroe gear so you can do HM OPs. really just need 3+ pieces of columni on everyone, maybe a bit less to start doign HM if you flask up.

The problem is not that we couldnt do HM gear wise, its that on republic side its extremly hard to recruit new players and alot of ppl in my guild quit because everything was too easy and the only thing left to do were daylies.

That leaves us with 6-7 ppl on raid days, we can clear everything on normal with that but its hard to keep ppl showing up for that if they get their full gear in 1 run.

In the end its probably our fault for not rolling empire side so we could recruit more easily

if they arent willing to assist their comrades to further their own progression you prob didnt need them in the long run. also the same gear can be gained from HM FP, and you shold run them to help get mroe gear so you can do HM OPs. really just need 3+ pieces of columni on everyone, maybe a bit less to start doign HM if you flask up.

i agree about the teamwork part, but I'm doing hard modes as well as operations with a set group for both and i can say after 3weeks of doing them.

Jk does not drop often as well as some other classes and so far the trooper teammate i have gets most of the drops, and him and his companion are decked out because that whats dropping even when he does not need them.

Only 2 of those runs in 3weeks dropped something for a different class its hard to see random in that.i think something is off in there random calculator for the big chest.If we talk about random and luck no one class should be lucky 90% of the time day by day where the unlucky can see a pattern before a ops/flashpoint and know who will get what 1st.

Today someone got 8 columni pieces after clearing karaggas palace and EV on normal mode.

How do you expect people to keep a raid together for farming gear on normal when some ppl are equipped after 2 runs and some dont have anything?

I can understand random mechanics and some being more lucky than others, but this is just too much - try convincing people that gain nothing to raid the same place for the X. time..

People should progress through the gear progression in roughly the same time given they spend the same effort otherwise u tear the operation groups apart.

Why are you farming gear on normal? Hard mode is a joke aside from soa's buggy ***. And it has better loot rules. Normal mode is for pugging, period.

I agree this is our second Time clearing normal. I am the MT we have one other jugg who is DPS and has pvp gear with PVE mods. He has won every single columi drop in two runs he has 6 trade ins he will not even use. BW end game is severely skewed in many area's , one of the most insanely broken mechanic is the easy aquisistion of PVP gear you can get a full set of t3 in a few days change a couple mods and it blows away columi that takes a few weeks for a PVE person to tier to.

The end game in TOR is not ready for consumption and they should make these gear imbalances a first priority with bugs and exploits.Normal mode auto assinging needs to go its not helping anyone including the solo player who pugs.

i agree about the teamwork part, but I'm doing hard modes as well as operations with a set group for both and i can say after 3weeks of doing them.

Jk does not drop often as well as some other classes and so far the trooper teammate i have gets most of the drops, and him and his companion are decked out because that whats dropping even when he does not need them.

Only 2 of those runs in 3weeks dropped something for a different class its hard to see random in that.i think something is off in there random calculator for the big chest.If we talk about random and luck no one class should be lucky 90% of the time day by day where the unlucky can see a pattern before a ops/flashpoint and know who will get what 1st.

this has been brought up several times i am a jugg have done over 30 to 40 HM FP's and i have columi boots. thats it. while every bounty hunter in guild has a full set as well as all of our companions. BW end game is pretty messed up right now and the silence on alot of these issues is pretty disheartening. If i were not a leader of my guild i would quit and go play rift its endgame is smooth fun and has challenge. I do realize this is par for the course with a launch MMO but rifts endgame at launch did not suffer from any of this imbalance. most comlained it was too hard and aquiring gear was very fair and balanced.

Normal mode EV/KP is set to a random pre destined loot system so that pugs dont have loot ninja's.

Normal mode is for Pugs/Casual raiders

any QQ'n about it not gonna change it. Go run some Hard Mode Ops and get brought back to rolling on loot.

I have now Run roughly around 40 - 46 Hardmodes, and I haven´t even seen any Drops of columi gear for sith warrior, the only drops so far is agent/Bounty Hunter.. I find this extremely anoying and gamebreaking. why isen´t there equaly chance for loot to drop ?

It´s serious demotivating to play when u know u won´t get the gear u want and wth. 1 columi token pr. daily ?!!? and 3 for weekly when 1 piece costs 67 are u out of your freaking mind.. LOL thats 1½ month grind pr. piece if u don´t get any drops like me :(

I just stick to gathering BM gear instead since my chance there is way higher.....

I have now Run roughly around 40 - 46 Hardmodes, and I haven´t even seen any Drops of columi gear for sith warrior, the only drops so far is agent/Bounty Hunter.. I find this extremely anoying and gamebreaking. why isen´t there equaly chance for loot to drop ?

It´s serious demotivating to play when u know u won´t get the gear u want and wth. 1 columi token pr. daily ?!!? and 3 for weekly when 1 piece costs 67 are u out of your freaking mind.. LOL thats 1½ month grind pr. piece if u don´t get any drops like me :(

I just stick to gathering BM gear instead since my chance there is way higher.....

our guild is expierincing this same thing. The BH and OP's are all geared and dont want to play anymore as the aqusistion was so easy and the Wars and sorc's wont play because we dont get gear. we all are in agreement that its time to move on for a few months and see if BW can fix this game. we are a smallish guild 20 daily players or so. Pretty disheartening none of us consider rerolling endgame activity. that is something to do months after your main is maxed. The end game is pretty blah at this point.

this makes no sense in a realistic world.

i grabbed all my pieces in 1 run? dont need to run it anymore? i'm going to lvl an alt. need my help? i get nothing in return exept repair bills and frustration? thanks, but no thanks.

The point is not even that they dont want to help us, they are still helping the group. The point is it is getting boring for them - and everyone plays to have fun.

The endgame of this mmorpg is designed to be about gear progression, all i am pointing out here the current implementation is flawed.

BW already noticed this on the PvP side of things by changing the amount of commendations that drop.

I suggest now the same changes are applied to PvE or something about the random algorithm is done.

Random is fine, but what is not fine is:

- assigning a columni piece to a class that already has it while another one who could use it cannot get it

- one melee in our raid has 5 columni weapon drops now while others have 0 - people need to be able to give pieces they got to other people in the raid group

I mean how exactly are we supposed to equip new players for hardmodes or nightmare modes? We run flashpoints nothing drops for them we do normal raid nothing drops? That is not acceptable. RNG is way too strong in this one.

This is gonna get even worse once u release the next raid tier where people need the current gear to progress.

--> solution: make the items u get in normal mode tradeable between the persons participating for 1-2h after it has dropped, this would solve alot of problems

Edited by Tenndou

There technically is an equal chance and loot drop, you're just unlucky. I will say, I noticed the same thing and instead just went into ops, where the warrior gear has been a rich yield to say the least. I'm full rakata short of a chest and MH weapon, which I hopefully get this lockout if Soa loot works. There is a lot more loot dropping in ops than HM, and you'll find the content fairly straightforward even with no experience in raiding, even if you just pug on normal mode.

I was in Normal EV last night and we had 2 sorcerers in the group, myself and the other healer. He got a piece of loot from every boss, I got none. I ended up walking out with no loot what so ever and he got a ton of gear. The loot distribution isn't fair. It doesn't take into account gear you have, what you have won, nor does it allow you to trade it to someone else who needs it.

its simple why change something that hasnt been broken in every single mmo that has exsisted

need

greed

pass

in all instances

everyone is seeming to forget there is no LFG tool if you ninja the likely hood is you will never get invited by the people in the group again which resolves the issue anyway.

its starting to get so frustrating that I seem to think bioware actually wants us to quit the game

we have 2 snipers 2 ops raiding 1 sniper 1 op is fully geared the other 2 have 1 item each

this week the geared sniper got 6 items Head chest legs rifle bracers and boots all of which he already had.

we are a small group of players so leaving people out isnt something we want to do yet this ****** system just makes for much resentment and ill feeling towards bioware

I just dont get why you would change something that works its unbeleiveably stupid and inept at what you have done

at least if the person has the item then it shouldnt give it to them

joke joke joke

beta was months ago sort ure **** out or end up like warhammer

Edited by fozbozjimjam