Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

CharterMonkKent

my full wh aug assassin 600 dmg bonus/75-76 crit mult (with buff) till the moment was not able to hit ANY1 with deathfield for 5k, maximum i did is 4k (a bit higher). this is with plus 30% to crit multipl (105%). any suggestions?

Your bonus damage is too low.... Need to look into remodding stack power/surge.. Might also be a spec issue as you "should" have the ability to outpace a Sorc with DF as long as you are in Lite Charge.

For Sorc: stack power/surge, 7/6/28(or some slight variation) ftw!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Charter,

Didn't mean to turn this into an smash debate for the 20th bazillionth time....

Lets talk about happier subjects like the upcoming operative nerf...:D

Haha no worries. It's a topic that's hard to avoid on the forums. Funny I never hear my anyone on vent complain about it though... Haha. Those are the breaks. The only comment in game we make about sweep/ smash is holy hell jiraya (I think that's his name) hit me for 6.7k... Next comment is, focus him down. Every time he is out of spawn.

Your bonus damage is too low.... Need to look into remodding stack power/surge.. Might also be a spec issue as you "should" have the ability to outpace a Sorc with DF as long as you are in Lite Charge.

This is a great side effect of this thread. Helping others... Can't believe it happening.

But for real, keep it up.

Why everybody should especially spec for AoE debuffs because of one spec while all other AoE specs doesn't need it to be countered, and would become destroyed by these AoE debuffs ?

And as for "Don't say in melee range", you know it doesn't make sense ? Melee AC have to be in melee to fight you, and so come naturally into your range. If everyone should flee you, and the only one who should be allowed to fight you must be your mirror bearing the same destructive power, then there is clearly something wrong about balance whatever the class we would be speaking of. I'd say the same if the only class able to defeat a Shadow would be the same Shadow.

Staying in melee for any extended amount of time for ANY class is not a good idea.. Even Melee on Melee. Im a Guardian..

When I want to be in melee: Healers =100%, Range=100%, melee.....ummmmm I wan to dictate when I am in melee.. so if I see a possible smash coming, i'm leaping elsewhere. Yes, even melee shouldn't stay in melee 100% of the time, even before all this smash QQ started... If you stay in the face of a melee you deserve to get smoked. Its just like eating the last tick of MS/RAV.

Its objective PvP, buying time is the goal on offense or defense. People need to worry about staying alive more and completing objectives. Playing a Sage for so long gave me SO many tools to be better at staying alive...

Staying in melee for any extended amount of time for ANY class is not a good idea.. Even Melee on Melee. Im a Guardian..

When I want to be in melee: Healers =100%, Range=100%, melee.....ummmmm I wan to dictate when I am in melee.. so if I see a possible smash coming, i'm leaping elsewhere. Yes, even melee shouldn't stay in melee 100% of the time, even before all this smash QQ started... If you stay in the face of a melee you deserve to get smoked. Its just like eating the last tick of MS/RAV.

Said this way, okay. The way you said it earlier had another meaning for me.

Said this way, okay. The way you said it earlier had another meaning for me.

Sorry for the confusion... Its just funny two ranged classes and a Juggy jump me at mid in CW last night. I promply sweep all of them for 5k... Then they decide to statter like roaches.

I mean can you make it any easier for me?

Its a good focus deterrent in my book, especially since the other attacks are not nearly as strong, at least on the juggy/guard side...

oh, i made mistake, that is melee bonus^^. force is more than 800 (dont remeber exact value, have to check). i can go more power and more surge, namelly i can increase surge up to 78% and power to get 40-50 more to bonus, but it will never give me plus 1k to deathfield (and ill lose accuracy / crit).. concerning sorcs..i think they have plus 5% to willpower.

Do Sorcs / sages know they can cleanse force crush, and thus eliminate 1 of warriors way to get singularity?

Anywho, my contribution will only account for my fully war hero characters-

Ambush- 5k def, same with Quickdraw (our finisher)

Speed shot- If every hit crits and we are not LoS'd (but it's like ravage, no single tick can hit that high)

Dispatch / vicious throw with max gear + veng "auto" crit

Meh on last tick of ravage, my highest is 4.5k on my WH guardian. Not BiS though.

Also I've had immolate crit for 4k+, never 5k, but my Vanguard is only in battlemaster with WH weapon.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

Assassin / Shadow

-Discharge / Force Breach 5k Capable (w/5 stacks and using Recklessness / Force Potency)

-Shock / Project 5k Capable (when Chain Shock / Upheaval proc)

-Deathfield / Force in Balance 5k Capable

-Assassinate / Spinning Strike 5k Capable

Ok folks. I've updated the list. Let me know if there are any changes that need to be made.

-Discharge / Force Breach 5k Capable (w/5 stacks and using Recklessness / Force Potency)

this can happen once per day, or may b once per week, so can be omitted from the list.

its lie, assassin can not crit deathfield on full wh for 5k (even on full wh dps).

Edited by yauhen_pt

Do Sorcs / sages know they can cleanse force crush, and thus eliminate 1 of warriors way to get singularity?

Anywho, my contribution will only account for my fully war hero characters-

Ambush- 5k def, same with Quickdraw (our finisher)

Speed shot- If every hit crits and we are not LoS'd (but it's like ravage, no single tick can hit that high)

Dispatch / vicious throw with max gear + veng "auto" crit

Meh on last tick of ravage, my highest is 4.5k on my WH guardian. Not BiS though.

Also I've had immolate crit for 4k+, never 5k, but my Vanguard is only in battlemaster with WH weapon.

i've hit just above 5k a handful of times with immolate. But that's with some serious power stacking. probably the rarest 5k hit on all of my toons

Assassin / Shadow

-Shock / Project 5k Capable (when Chain Shock / Upheaval proc)

-Assassinate / Spinning Strike 5k Capable

this can happen once per day, or may b once per week, so can be omitted from the list.

its lie, assassin can not crit deathfield on full wh for 5k (even on full wh dps).

i'll keep discharge since it's capable, even if only once a week/day.

As for deathfield. I have a guildie that hits that with power stacked hazmat/WH gear on his sorc.

Anyone hit 5k with that on their sin/shadow?

As for deathfield. I have a guildie that hits that with power stacked hazmat/WH gear on his sorc.

to do so he has to have 2400 DF base plus 200-300 to it to bypass dmg reduction of full wh target to crit finally 5k (with aprox 110% crit mult). ill not believe that assassin can do it. iam nearly max power, my DF is around 2k (but even so i quite reraly crit of 4k on recruite geared guys, since any class has passive dmg reduction at least a few percent against int dmg, i can stack more power to get 50 dmg more.. may be 70.. but not 400-500.. this is impossible.

to do so he has to have 2400 DF base plus 200-300 to it to bypass dmg reduction of full wh target to crit finally 5k (with aprox 110% crit mult). ill not believe that assassin can do it. iam nearly max power, my DF is around 2k (but even so i quite reraly crit of 4k on recruite geared guys, since any class has passive dmg reduction at least a few percent against int dmg, i can stack more power to get 50 dmg more.. may be 70.. but not 400-500.. this is impossible.

he is a sorc, not a sin. Sin's lack a willpower multiplier in their skill trees.

If sins cannot get 5k I will remove it from the sin section.

As a commando. I have hit 6k on a single heal number of different times in pvp. when I am dps speced i am really lucky to hit over 5k. it would have to have 5 stacks on gravity round and then Demo round and cross my fingers for a 5k hit.

Assassin / Shadow

I hit 5k with discharge just about every warzone and as for deathfield when playing madness I do not think I have ever hit 5k.

Pyro Merc/Assault Commando Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt can only get 5k if you are full WH Augg'ed and you hit a Full Recruit/PVE geared player. Normally a crit HiB/RS vs another equally geared player will hit for 3.5k-4k. Assault Plastique is in the same boat.

It seems like those numbers are just guesstimates. I've been hit by a 9k smash, once. It is not normal. The jugg in question popped a bunch of cd's and had the WZ power buff. It's possible that I was also debuffed, but wasn't paying attention.

NVM.... I see how the techs work now..

Edited by L-RANDLE