Return to MedCenter in FPs

Okay this is an issue that I've encountered twice. But tonight, it was unacceptable.

Is there any particular reason why there aren't medcenters in flashpoints? I ask because every time you die in a flashpoint, you are sent back to Carrick Station. It takes a while to load and is extremely annoying. There is also another consequence of returning to Carrick. While back at Carrick, you do not get credit for mission objectives completed by your group in the flashpoint. You also are not allow to roll for gear.

This happened to me at the final boss of Directive 7. I (the healer) died against the final boss and returned to medcenter to try and get back in the fight. While i was gone, they beat the boss, rolled on his drop without me, and the group disbanded right after. I did not get credit for the boss kill, did not get to participate in the roll (which was just peachy because I had not won a single roll the entire time), and when I reentered the FP without the group I started at the beginning. The quest reset.

I essentially wasted 2 hours doing a Flashpoint and got nothing but xp from killing enemies. This is a problem that needs to get fixed. And I have thought of a solution. In my own estimation, the reason for the current design is that they don't want fallen group members to get back in the fight. That's fair. To solve that, do not allow respawns until after the entire party dies. Next, to eliminate the loading time, put medcenters before every major boss in the flashpoint.

It would just make Flashpoints a lot more convenient and not take two hours. Oh yeah, and people wouldn't get ripped off like i did either.

Edited by LKaras

Yep, this just happened to me. After spending two hours clearing a HM, I Tried to take a battle rez, instead of it actually working, it sent me outside the instance. Missed credit for the boss, missed the regnant i came in for ( the only reason i came). I just stood there in disbelief at what happened.

This game disappoints me more and more each passing day.

When going to click on battle rez if you are paying attention after you click it once it disappears and the return to medcenter moves up and takes its place, so if you spam click it return to medcenter is entered last and thats what you do. Ive done this a ton of times myself and its fairly annoying.

dont eject from the instance until the boss is dead.. THEN eject, and THEN go back in to the loot body.

ofcourse, ask the party to wait for you before they initially loot it.

you get credit + loot that way.

Easy to say that in hindsight. Earlier in the FP, we would've lost against Bulwark if our DPS hadn't respawned at Medcenter midfight.

Easy to say that in hindsight. Earlier in the FP, we would've lost against Bulwark if our DPS hadn't respawned at Medcenter midfight.

Here is the difference... Rezzing and coming back in is technically exploiting the system to get a kill. Just don't leave until either a. your entire group dies or b. you beat the encounter (anybody can rez in this game so if they win you win)

Agreed with the OP. Loading times are terrible in this game and zoning in and out of a FP is annoying as hell, and the running back times on some of the instances is just silly. False Emperor for example, before you get to the second real boss, you spawn at the first mini-boss if you die so you have to run what feels like half the dungeon.

False Emperor can be really bad at this if you nab up and get nocked off the edge. Sometimes you die and lay down there dead. Sometimes you get automaticly sent out the instance. You then have to wait about 3-4 mins of loading screens to get back in before he dies. Bad part is if this happens just before the end of the fight and your not in a guild group who will wait for you not only will you not beable to get any loot but if you were on the quest you get phased out from the rest of the group and cant re enter.

A solution to this could be releasing sends you to the beggining of the instance where there will be a med droid just inside too. This saves us having to load 2 pointless loading screens. To stop players dieing and running back into the fight just put doors and force fields that lock and go up when fights are engaged in rooms just before the boss. To save running all the way through the instance there could be portal point to click on.

Edited by SaiBear

The way respawning is done is because of a very stupid "in combat" system they use in Flashpoints. If any player in your party gets aggro from anything in the flashpoint, the rest of your group, no matter where they are, will be put in combat and those mobs the player aggro'd will go to them after he's killed/uses a vanish ability. So even if you are respawned at the entrance to the flashpoint the boss will walk all the way over there because the game still says that you are engaging him.

The way respawning is done is because of a very stupid "in combat" system they use in Flashpoints. If any player in your party gets aggro from anything in the flashpoint, the rest of your group, no matter where they are, will be put in combat and those mobs the player aggro'd will go to them after he's killed/uses a vanish ability. So even if you are respawned at the entrance to the flashpoint the boss will walk all the way over there because the game still says that you are engaging him.

Not if everyone is dead, right?