Galactic Starfighter and XP Boosts?

OddballEasyEight

So, will the Space Mission xp boosts (both legacy and packs) work with Galactic Starfighter?

I mean, it is in space after all :)

Or will there maby be new legacy unlocks for this new gameplay? Meaning we will have to purchase new unlocks or packs... Not something I am looking forward to personally.

I am assuming here that you get regular (ground game) xp for completing objectives and killing enemies in Galactic Starfighter...

So, will the Space Mission xp boosts (both legacy and packs) work with Galactic Starfighter?

Or will there maby be new legacy unlocks for this new gameplay? Meaning we will have to purchase new unlocks or packs... Not something I am looking forward to personally.

I am assuming here that you get regular (ground game) xp for completing objectives and killing enemies in Galactic Starfighter...

All good questions I'll bug my beta guy about. Unless someone else in it wants to share.

I would love an official answer, but an unofficial "my beta guy sais" type of answer will certainly satiate me for now.

Sorry, I didn't get to ask him last night. I was distracted reaching a new area in La-Mulana. I'll bug him tonight for sure, thanks for bumping so I don't forget.

My personal GOTY by the way, even if it makes me rage. :mad:

• Dev Post
All good questions I'll bug my beta guy about. Unless someone else in it wants to share.

Although I appreciate the desire to help answer a question on the forum I want to use this opportunity to remind everyone of a couple of rules:

• Posting information from something such as a Beta test, or datamined content, is strictly against forum rules. Any posts as such will be removed and the user can be warned or infracted appropriately.
  • If you personally post content such as that, or if someone is passing that information on, they are directly breaking the NDA which they signed. That is bad.

We take NDAs / Beta Testing Agreements very seriously, and posting content which breaks that agreement will not be tolerated.

Also, to the original question posed in the thread. As we get closer to the Galactic Starfighter launch we will be releasing more information.

-eric

Although I appreciate the desire to help answer a question on the forum I want to use this opportunity to remind everyone of a couple of rules:

• Posting information from something such as a Beta test, or datamined content, is strictly against forum rules. Any posts as such will be removed and the user can be warned or infracted appropriately.
  • If you personally post content such as that, or if someone is passing that information on, they are directly breaking the NDA which they signed. That is bad.

We take NDAs / Beta Testing Agreements very seriously, and posting content which breaks that agreement will not be tolerated.

Also, to the original question posed in the thread. As we get closer to the Galactic Starfighter launch we will be releasing more information.

-eric

Surprised the thread is still unlocked. Is this bait?

Edited by ImpactHound

Nice try.

There is nothing wrong with the thread.. it's just asking questions (like many threads do) which leads to discussion.

The issue is your stated attempt to disclose information covered under NDA. Which you have not done yet, so you have not had said information removed nor been actioned for it.

TL;DR you were politely warned off of what you planned to do.

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post

No bait! There is nothing actually wrong with the thread as it stands. OddBall asked a question (no harm there!) and you implied you could get an answer, although never actually supplied private information (no harm here either). I was just simply posting a reminder to stop anyone from getting themselves into trouble :rak_01:

-eric

No bait! There is nothing actually wrong with the thread as it stands. OddBall asked a question (no harm there!) and you implied you could get an answer, although never actually supplied private information (no harm here either). I was just simply posting a reminder to stop anyone from getting themselves into trouble :rak_01:

-eric

Lol, Andryah already said that :p

Lol, Andryah already said that :p

Hehe.. yeah.. but it's good that Eric reinforced it because ImpactHound appears to either misread or ignore everything I post. :) I think it might be his way of flirting. :p

Edited by Andryah

If the original questions can't be answered I don't know what else there is to post in this thread. :confused:

You could always use the magic 8 ball to answer the question or just wait a while i sure when GS gets closer the devs will share more info. In my yoda voice patients you must have.

We could transform this thread on a classic rage thread against the new upcoming reputation and the new gamble packs with very low drop rates:D

Ps: i bet that when a dev comes with a new idea for a CM item or Gamble pack they make bets about how much will be the ENRAGE TIMER of the new release before ppl start to flame on forums

Edited by CarlosTrevisan

We could transform this thread on a classic rage thread against the new upcoming reputation and the new gamble packs with very low drop rates:D

Ps: i bet that when a dev comes with a new idea for a CM item or Gamble pack they make bets about how much will be the ENRAGE TIMER of the new release before ppl start to flame on forums

Why would we do that? All I want to know is if the xp boosts for current space combat will work in the new space combat.

Has nothing to do with rep and gamble packs.

• 1 month later...
So, 2 days out from launch can we get the official answer to the question raised - Are minor and major space mission XP boosts compatible with the new Galactic Starfighter expansion :rak_02:

Well, they have their own Legacy boosts, so I doublt that the old space combat boosters will work.

I am willing to bet there will be new ones in the next pack tho...

Thanks, I've been meaning to ask that question for weeks now! But then each time I'm at the computer "Poof!" it's gone! :p

Although mine was; which will it use? Space xp boosts? PvP? Both? Neither?

A new type?

I will assume from these two official responses that there will be no official response to the question?

Well, let's see. He said that more information will be released as the launch is nearing. The launch is on Tuesday and tomorrow is the day before the patch. So I am going to make a wild assumption here and assume we get the patch details tomorrow.

My guess is you will know tomorrow or the day after at the latest.

So, 2 days out from launch can we get the official answer to the question raised - Are minor and major space mission XP boosts compatible with the new Galactic Starfighter expansion :rak_02:
OR... you can just wait 2 days and find out for yourself.