Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

Inquisitor was just bad, although I liked the twist ending of 1.

Thanaton wanting you dead is pretty weak. Going around in the Star Wars universe to capture ghosts for power seems almost comical. Then after you do it (chapter 2), you're like OMG I can't have multiple ghosts in my head--I need a cure (chapter 3).

Agent story so far is great. I find myself playing longer than intended because I want to see what happens next. It's like a novel you don't want to put down.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 50 Inquis, 50 IA, 40 BH, and everything else in the 20s more or less...

Inquisitor is by far the worst... In summary, the whole story is one giant fetch quest, with a cartoony super villain you need to kill 4 different times that feels forced upon the story and has no justification for wanting you dead other than, "Just cuz..."

And all the companions before Xalek are terrible. Inquisitors get a Jedi that joins the team for no other reason than "Well, you killed my master, so I guess I have nothing better to do." Just awful. Anyone who touched any story elements of this class should be fired.

IA is easily the best I've experienced. Meaningful choices that affect the story. All sorts of twists and turns. A feeling that what you're doing actually matters.

• 2 months later...

I haven't played many of the stories to the end, but so far this is how i see it. (Yes I know this will be quite unpopular):

(Best ot Worst foolowed by my rating)

Sith Warrior - 9.5/10

Sith Inquisitor - 8/10

Trooper - 7/10

Jedi Consular - 6/10

Imperial Agent - 4.5/10

Bounty Hunter - 3.510

Smuggler - 2/10

Jedi Knight - 0.5/10

In order for me from best to worst:

1. Imperial Agent

2. Jedi Knight

3. Sith Warrior

4. Smuggler

5. Bounty Hunter

6. Sith Inquisitor

7. Trooper

8 Jedi Consular

The first seven are in a tight little pack. I enjoyed all of them a LOT.

Then there's the Consular. I kept falling asleep during that one. The sheer BOREDOM got to me. Inquisitor, Trooper, and Consular are the only 3 I haven't finished yet. And chances are, I'm never going to finish Consular unless I really want to abuse myself.

I've played IA, JK, and BH all the way through. IA is the best, JK is a close second, and BH is definitely the wost of the three, IMO.

I have a Smuggler, Consular, and Inquisitor through varying points of chapter one, and I would say that of those, the Inquisitor is the most interesting, then Consular, then Smuggler. But I'm assuming my opinions will change as they go on, because even the Agent storyline wasn't amazing in chapter 1.

Definatly hands down the IA is the best. It is unpredictable, your choices matter, some decisions you have to step away and think about. Worst porbably the Trooper....after act 1 the story sucks imo. Edited by Isintri

Being an altaholic, I have rolled one of every class but I've only really played a few of them for any great amount of time.

So far I like the SW storyline - I'm midway through Ch3 and although some of the twists are kind of predictable, they make sense given the position and relationships your character has with the other figures in the game. My SW started darkside, but through some RP choices has ended up light-side. Running with light-side Jaesa is very interesting, and being light-side makes for some interesting roleplay in the face of the Ch 3 story...

I have quite enjoyed the intrigue of running LS with Jaesa as LS as well... I found the whole 'subvert the empire' thing that Jaesa comes up with to really shift the paradigm of my character. After being seduced by the teaching of the holo-dude in the sith temple, and then deciding to go beyond hate and anger and embrace the teachings of the Revanites, my Juggernaught has always walked a fine line - avoiding detection while refusing to simply be ruled by hate and anger and cruelty... so to have Jaesa then put that in the air was very interesting.

The other thing that I like about it is that it shifts the whole motivation for trying to bring down Darth Baras - If I were dark side I would probably be motivated by revenge and wanting to take what he has... but being light side with that 'change the world' mentality, now it becomes a more diplomatic issue - removing somebody who will harm the empire and harm people for his own gain.

Being full light side and finding out you're the Emporer's Wrath is also a little amusing too... Does the emporer really know what he's got himself in for? :D

My only other toon to finish Ch1 is my Jedi Sentinel, who is currently sitting in the interlude. I quite enjoyed the chase in this storyline, but I do agree the story makes the Jedi Council look like a bunch of incompetent ninnies. I also find interesting that the storylines seem to make the Jedi code seem weak - as mentioned by somebody else, their refusal to acknowledge human nature. Having said that, running with Kira kind of puts that in your face as she reacts very differently because of who she is.

My Sith Sorc is part-way through Ch1, and it kind of feels like he's just a glorified courier for Zash's little artefact fetish. I would have expected him to be more of an espionage or hit-man type character - like the Inquisitors of history, who were out to get every heretic and dissenter they could find. Running around chasing relics seems rather beneath that... But I figure once I finish Ch1 it might get more interesting.

My Jedi Shadow is about the same level and story progression as my sorc, and I have to say I'm finding it really hard to play him at the moment. The storyline is just so repetitive and, to a degree, meaningless.

Okay, so some darth is out there making jedis sick... So just go kill the ****** already. The Numeticons (or whatever they were called) basically said that the last time this happened, killing the source ended the disease. So why waste time running from world to world trying to shield people? Just find the source and kill him... Running around the galaxy trying to shield people while he is out there afflicting more is just plain dumb, in my opinion. That's just my take on it anyway.

The only other toon I've progressed past their starting planet is a Trooper Vanguard, and I have to say that having a story based around nothing more than hunting down old military buddies is just lame. I also find the choices very cardboard.

I mean, if I'm playing as a light-side Trooper who believes in honor and justice... why was there no alternative for me to bring in Needles alive on Taris? From memory, it didn't matter what choices I made, I ended up having to kill him. I also found it counter intuitive when some choices that bring justice had dark-side points - like the 'mass murderer' you talk to before finding Needles. The only choice that had light-side points attached to it was to let him go... Derp! My toon is a justice freak... why would I let him go? There was no option to capture him for trial... just to let him go or to kill him - and killing him (to bring justice) gave dark side points. I was like, "Wait, what? Fail!" Felt very, very badly written.

So far, although I haven't played IA or any of the others in any great depth, I would have to agree with most people's opinions on the story lines. Some of them are really good, and others seem to just really, really suck...

Hopefully, though, the ones that suck now will get better later on.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Sethmartin

First would probally be Bounty Hunter for me. Story was very interesting, and seriously, who can forget about Blizz? Best Jawa Ever :D.

2nd would probally be Trooper, although after Act 1 the story was a bit weak, but my guild got me through.

3rd Smuggler, however it feels like Trooper and Smuggler are very alike, with chasing down someone who betrayed them and i find that there could be something a bit more creative there.

Imperial Agent would be my 4th, The story is just plain amazing but i don't like hiding behind cover waiting for my companion to take them out or waiting for my huge dps abilities to cool-down.

The Sith are my 5th and 6th, both have good stories but it feels like the Warrior is just a bit plain, Sorceror is a bit more interesting.

7th and 8th are the Jedis. Both are just very plain and at points it just feels like its always steered toward the lights but atleast the Knight brings a bit of creativity to the dark side. Both just feel like whatever you choose has no consquence and doesn't MATTER.

I need to kill any of you, i'll stay back and shoot you with my blaster than charge up. Feel my cannon and flames jedi! :p

50 agent,47sorc,50warrior and 37 bh, so far the best story go to agent , whatever faction you choose , you must roll an agent at least one. it even make me browse or youtubing to know what gonna happen if i choose to do A or B , something that i dont feel in other 3 toon that i level with

I think I would rank the stories I've done to completion like so:

1) Imperial Agent

2) Inquisitor

3) Smuggler

4) Jedi Knight

5) Consular

6) Trooper

I go back and forth on the Trooper/Consular thing, though. Strictly speaking story-wise, I felt the trooper one was the most predictable, with virtually no swerves to wake you up a little. It's not that it didn't fit, it just got incredibly dull after a while. BUT. The voice acting and dialogues are generally more interesting than the consular's. The consulars are terminally zen. It fits. It makes sense. But it puts me to sleep. The male consular (imo) is a bit more interesting, in that he sounds like he might've felt a few emotions in his wild, misspent youth and found he didn't much care for it, while the lady one just sounds like a robot. The two troopers actually sound like. You know. People.

Jedi Knight and Smuggler are both the most HELL YES STAR WARS in my mind, from wildly different angles. I ranked the smuggler higher because a) I liked the smaller focus of what I was doing, as it felt more personal and b) they had a lot of really, really, really funny lines. And who doesn't love inappropriately flirting with lots of people?

I like the Sith Inquisitor a lot because again, there are so many amusing lines and because playing a (mostly) light side inquisitor actually made some shred of sense (dark side also makes sense, obviously). I liked the much more personal story of the inquisitor, and I like force wankery stories fine. That it basically barely acknowledges the whole "we don't really like the Republic much" thing doesn't bother me a bit.

The Imperial Agent is the most consistently good. Most of the other storylines I can point to a place in the story where I feel it drags or bogs down or meanders or feels like pointless filler, but I can't really do that with the IA.

My first finished storyline was the Sith Warrior, which I enjoyed immensely, but that might have been influenced a bit by the fact that I am a sucker for anything that wields a red lighsaber and does awesome acrobatics, and also by the fact that it was 2-3 weeks after release, and everything about the game was fresh and cool.

My second finished story was the Imperial Agent, which I also liked a lot, mainly because the plot was engaging, well writte, had interesting characters, and because it showed an aspect of the Star Wars universe that is not very prominent in the films and books.

Currently, I am playing Bounty Hunter and Trooper and feel more or less the same about both of them - the personal 1st acts were pretty great, but in the 2nd ones things get a bit too blatantly "epic" at the expense of actual narrative power and (especially in the case of the trroper) character interaction, and the 3rd ones are looking to be mor or less the same. I'm definitely curious about the way they are going to wrap up though...

So on the scale of 1-10, SW would be 9, IA 9, BH 7, Trooper 6

The Consular isn't great. Chapter 1 you are essentially doing the same thing for 5 planets, though I guess most of the stories have that common theme, and you needed an excuse to go to the 5 planets. Chapter 2 has started to pick up some, but still kind of dull. I still find myself skipping a lot of the dialogue/cutscenes.

Perhaps the only reason I am still playing my Sage is that I really like the play style, healing can be a ton of fun, if you're in a group who knows what they are doing and don't aggro more mobs that necessary, and don't like to break CC (especially when doing heroics)

I've only played SI and IA all the way through, but IA is amazing, nearly good enough for a standalone game by itself. All the different touches that change depending on what choices you made earlier blew my mind. I can honestly say that I was not expecting that out of this MMO.

SI is okay. I liked the political intrigue among the sith, and all the backstabbing and shady alliances to get ahead. Zash is rad. Telling Khem Val to eat people is hilarious, and in character. Talos is like a nerdy Indiana Jones. I absolutely adore the SI companions (except for Ashara). Unfortunately, much of the good is overshadowed by the fact that most of it turns out to be a fetch quest. Get this artifact for this guy. Get another artifact for another guy. Oh thank goodness I'm on my own OH WAIT NOW I HAVE TO GET THIS OTHER ARTIFACT TO PROGRESS THE STORY BECAUSE WHY NOT. I never felt the sense of urgency like I did on my IA. It was like

Oh, my body and mind are crumbling? Eh, I'll get to it later

Also, Ashara's sidestory is seriously disappointing.

You never get to turn her to the dark side. She is a goody-goody girl scout all the way through. Pretty upsetting since you get to turn Jaesa to the dark side in the warrior story.

I heard the JK story was really bad, and from what I've read I'm inclined to agree.

Edited by Beslley

Honestly i've only done my inquisitor all the way through, but it was still pretty amazing, alot because the inquisitor kinda fits my irl personality and you can still be the good guy while still being epicly awesome. Merciful to allies and understanding, ruthless to those who deserve it. Alas i am only lvl 12 on my IA, but from what I read on this thread ima have to work more on it :) Trooper, Act 1 was good, but now it's kinda meh. Knight I'm just at the end of act 1, and i've enjoyed the story so far. Sith Warrior is average, (I don't like Baras very much.) and I always feel compelled to choose the evil things alot because of the personality and voice over given to the character. :confused:

I've completed the IA, BH, JK, and JC stories and made significant progress in The rest except for the sith warrior. Ive come to the conclusion that the stories in this game are all mediocre. People seem to be blowing the agent story way out of proportion. It is entirely predictable and linear, though it was more enjoyable than my consular's. BH was repetitive it benefited from interesting companion characters (Mako and Blizz namely). JK is fun if you like carrying around a crystal morality shield that would make Mary Sue proud. Bottom line: pick a class based on its mechanics and role. I dps with my sentinel, tank with my Powertech, and heal with my sage for level 50 content. I love it. The stories in this game are so weak they are more of an afterthought than anything else. Edited by EnzoForMe

Of the classes I've played to completion, I would rank them like this:

1. Agent, by a landslide...the story was so good on my Sniper that I'm doing it again as an Operative.

2. Sith Warrior, extremely gratifying payoffs in this story, especially at the end of Act 1 when you claim your prized apprentice, and at the end of it all when the entire Dark Council recognizes your station after completing the rise to power and what it means to be a Sith.

"I was never, nor shall I ever be, your slave..."

3. Inquisitor, if only for the endgame and for Xalek...that and Khem eating people.

4. Bounty Hunter, if it wasn't for Blizz this story would have been complete fail.

I've also got a Trooper in act 2, and a Jedi Knight in act 1, but I am going to avoid the Consular like the plague.

Edited by rymah
Your word filter sucks

IA story hands down is the best. I'm having a difficult time playing other characters because the IA story was so well written. No twists with either the jedi knight, inquisitor or smuggler, they're fun but don't have the serious feel of the IA story. The IA story kept me up late at night like a good book does, but then, my favorite novels are spy novels.

Things happen in the IA story that completely take you by surprise. I mean really

did you suspect that the Empire would brain wash you? After all you had done for them? I was not expecting that, but then, I tried to keep spoilers at a minimum. I played my agent firstly as a patriot and then as a pissed off and betrayed former patriot.

Every other story, after the IA, pales in comparison. I have my fingers crossed that Bioware will make an SIS agent in the future. Ever since I finished my IA story I feel sorta... lost. None of the other stories are catching my imagination and interest.

Edited by ejadavidson

Best: Smuggler for me so far. I'll be playing IA for its story soon though. But I'm really attached to Mako on my BH. <3

Worst: Jedi Consular. Really boring story from beginning to the end of Act I. Didn't bother doing anything past that.

If you didn't bother to actually run through the ENTIRE story you can't say with any certainty that it was the worsed. It starts off slow but it picks up towards the end of act 2, and the ending is epic.

IMO the worst is the Trooper story line. There is absolutely no story, and I hated Garza what an annoying Beep.

But Dorne's story is what kept me going lol.

I'm really enjoying my BH, im on chapter 3, almost done. I Love my IA, the story has been really interesting so far, i like my SW, but it's pretty much straightforward there is no real twists or exciting moments.

I'm also working on a smuggler and trooper, I tried to make a consular but the story was so god awful the first chapter i never finished it.

Only played Republic so far but

Best: Knight, Smuggler (Knight for epicness and Smuggler for the laughs in the story and your available convo choices)

Worst: So far Consular........I have finished Chapter 1 and I actually want to get my Sage to 50 but the story is so God awe full I want to self harm every time I do a class quest. In fact I am surprised there are any Consulars running around most days.

My son is playing through as a Sorc and says he is enjoying the story.

Next up for me will be a Imp Agent or a BH, not sure but both of the class stories looked to have promise.

I've posted before with my opinions on the Consular story, but now that I'm about midway through Chapter 2, I can say that Chapter 2, has picked up quite a bit and is not nearly as boring as Chapter 1 is. Also, by that time, whether you are a Shadow or Sage, you have most of your abilities from any of the trees, which makes the play style that much more fun. The story isn't as exciting as some of the stories are, nor not nearly as epic, at least so far, but I am determined to finish it all the way through.

Need to finish the Smuggler and Trooper.

Heres my rankings with reasons, 1 being best, 8 being worst.

1. SW, why? highest rewarding storyline.

2. Agent, why? illuminati

3. JK, why? ties in with the SW, rewards not so great.

4. BH, why? you're the best there is.

5. SI, why? weak in comparison to SW

6. Smugger, why? apparently its connected with SW in a small way.

7. Trooper, why? unknown.

8. JC, why? dry, the path i took i got shafted on rewards.

Edited by shakyl