Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?

Elfa

Perhaps then, they should make them trade-able only to between accounts with Security Keys enabled.

OR, rather then put even more special case code into the game and introducing more to maintain and more possibility for bugs that negatively affect players..... just keep is simple... NO TRADEs. ;)

OR, rather then put even more special case code into the game and introducing more to maintain and more possibility for bugs that negatively affect players..... just keep is simple... NO TRADEs. ;)

Sure, in fact, to keep it simple, let's just have some stick figures swinging stick swords on a white background. Or, you know, we could try and expand the scope of the game and create better convenience for the playerbase instead of being a Luddite.

Sure, in fact, to keep it simple, let's just have some stick figures swinging stick swords on a white background. Or, you know, we could try and expand the scope of the game and create better convenience for the playerbase instead of being a Luddite.

It's not about being a Luddite. Allowing people to trade Cartel Coins would encourage gold sellers to sell them for just under the price that BioWare is selling them for. Gold sellers aside, it would allow subscribers to sell them to others and make credits off what is essentially a freebie. I'm sure there will be a way to buy Cartel Coins and gift them to someone (maybe by buying Cartel Coin cards), but as far as transferring, selling or trading your own Cartel Coins, all signs point to "no".

Pretty much every game with a cash shop allows you to either buy an item from the cash shop for a separate account or to purchase cash shop currency for another account. Nobody implements tradable cash shop currency though. I can't imagine swtor f2p to operate any differently.

However, there will be some transferable items available for purchase on the Cartel Market.

Hmmm i'm getting a little bit worried about SW:TOR going this way, because of the following "hypothetical" case:

- I'm "rich" in RL and prepared to spend it for the game.

- I buy a lot of Cartel Coins.

- I buy a lot of very popular transferable items.

- I go to the GTN and sell these items for a lot of credits.

- I wait a few IDs/weeks, till some guilds has BE the highend content gear and sell this in the GTN.

- I go to the GTN and buy a lot of amoring, mods and enchantment etc. for credits.

- I have BiS gear.

Ok, not everyone might go this way and the ones who do, have to wait some time, but it will definitely possible to get the best items in the game by spending real money.

And im pretty sure a lot of ppl do this in other games, which provides those transferable items.

I hope i misunderstood "transferable items" or there is a mistakes in my scenario.

I asked Damion Schubert to give us a little more information about Cartel Coins. He let me know that Cartel Coins will be accessible by all characters on one account, but that they won't be directly transferable between accounts. However, there will be some transferable items available for purchase on the Cartel Market.

As long as I can use them for all my chrs on my account.It makes me a happy camper.