A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

I stopped reading here since it started with a lie.

Okay, I picked one - "dailies".

Please let me know how I "can make a couple million in a night" with "diligence" doing dailies.

Basically... you can't. So... we're done here.

You can make 400k/toon. You'd have to do them 2.5 times (so on at least 2 toons) to get 1M. Moreover, I'd say dailies net you 125k/hr. So it would take EIGHT hours to grind that out. Eight hours is a full Night Shift. That doesn't sound fun at all.

Edited by AshlaBoga

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other thing would be that somehow legacy armor is costing more, and that there is truth that a fancier shell is equating to cost, even though there is no performance gain.

I just did a quick test. The legacy armor shell does cost more. Probably because the inherent cost to purchase makes them have a higher value. I tested dieing with only 1 piece of gear on. A head piece.

I tested it with the Agent's Exalted Headgear and with a Synthmesh Battle Headgear. I tested with and without mods (enhancement and mod were 23s and the armor was 22). I ensured both pieces of gear had the same durability for the same test.

Without mods:

Legacy Exalted Gear (90/100 value 8385) - 838

Synthmesh (90/100 value 580) - 58

With mods:

Legacy Gear (89/100 value 13285) - 1461

Synthmesh (89/100 value 5480) - 602

My guess is they added the cost of the shell back into the cost of the repair, whereas before it was just the cost of the mods that were the repair cost. Expensive shells (I believe the legacy gear is over 1 million for the level 20 gear set) are costing significantly more to repair now.

I would also theorize that the more expensive the mods the less the shell cost weighs into it. For example I tested with a set of generic mid range mods and the values were:

Legacy Gear (90/100 value 9005) - 900

Synthmesh (90/100 value 1200) - 120

So the values of the objects get closer together as the mods become higher valued (which makes sense).

Edited by Daedahl

To all the complainers,

You guys have yet again impressed me with you're stupidity. Have any one of you actually played the game at launch? Are you even paid subs?

I am reading hysterical posts about people quitting raiding due to the increased repair costs. Yeah, the repair costs are now about 10k each. However, the cost to repair at the launch of this game was a lot higher. Let's not mention the harder it was to grind credits since the game was brand new. I understand the constant grind of dallies gets old, but unfortunately that is what has to be done. If you want to progress in raiding, well you are going to have to put some extra time into making the money.

This game is attracting more and more of the "entitled" people who believe they should get everything for free. This is quite evident in this forums ranting about a decision that Bioware decided to implement. If this increased repair costs makes you complainers that angered or upset about how this game is being run, then please feel free to cancel your sub. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Bioware does not have to give away free stuff. Bioware does not have to produce updates as quickly. Bioware does not have to come up with fun new world events. They simply do not owe you as a customer anything besides making sure the servers are avaliable. To you F2Pers. they owe you absolutely nothing. Playing this game for free does not mean you get the same stuff that $15 a month subs do. Cant hide your head slot? That is what you get for paying not a single dime to play this game.

Please stop complaining about this game. If this game is as bad as many of you say it is, why in the world are you still logging on? There are many useful things to do then to play this game. Learn to view things in a positive way, not a negative way.

Useful tips or corrections are always preferred over "your game sucks."

Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.

This was nothing more than a unscrupulous attempt that BW tried to slip by people in the guise of a bug, intended or not. I have no doubt it would have ultimately affected the Cartel Shop, directly or indirectly. Sugar coat this any way you like, it was a poor business decision.

Now that people are not only threatening to leave the game, but are actually canceling their subscriptions, you will get back to us when you have more information. aka "oops, that didn't work"

I'm sure most of us do not want a free ride, but most of us also have lives, and don't sit behind the keyboard twelve hours a day.

Regards

Edited by Pirana

This was nothing more than a unscrupulous attempt that BW tried to slip by people in the guise of a bug, intended or not. I have no doubt it would have ultimately affected the Cartel Shop, directly or indirectly. Sugar coat this any way you like, it was a poor business decision.

Now that people are not only threatening to leave the game, but are actually canceling their subscriptions, you will get back to us when you have more information. aka "oops, that didn't work"

I'm sure most of us do not want a free ride, but most of us also have lives, and don't sit behind the keyboard twelve hours a day.

Regards

conspiracy theory gogogogogogogo :rolleyes:

To all the complainers,

You guys have yet again impressed me with you're stupidity. Have any one of you actually played the game at launch? Are you even paid subs?

You have not impressed me with yours. And yes, many of us are paid subs, which you would know if you had even taken a cursory glance at the prior posts.

However, the cost to repair at the launch of this game was a lot higher.

Yes, and what happened to subscriptions again? Please point me to all the threads clamoring for higher repair costs post-1.2. Go ahead. Where are they?

Let's not mention the harder it was to grind credits since the game was brand new. I understand the constant grind of dallies gets old, but unfortunately that is what has to be done. If you want to progress in raiding, well you are going to have to put some extra time into making the money.

It doesn't have to be done if EA changes it back to the way it was for a year, which is what we are asking for here.

This game is attracting more and more of the "entitled" people who believe they should get everything for free.

People aren't asking for free repairs. lol. I mean, what are you talking about?

If this increased repair costs makes you complainers that angered or upset about how this game is being run, then please feel free to cancel your sub. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game.

We already figured that out without your helpful information, and have decided to do exactly that - me included.

To you F2Pers. they owe you absolutely nothing. Playing this game for free does not mean you get the same stuff that $15 a month subs do.

Really? Even if they bought cartel coins for all the unlocks. I have no idea what this has to do with increased repair costs, which ftp and subs both get to enjoy.

Please stop complaining about this game. If this game is as bad as many of you say it is, why in the world are you still logging on?

How about you stop complaining about everybody else complaining. If you don't like the complaining, then please stop logging on. Additionally, please only post positive comments instead of how impressed you are with everyone else's "stupidity." good grief.

My guess is they added the cost of the shell back into the cost of the repair, whereas before it was just the cost of the mods that were the repair cost. Expensive shells (I believe the legacy gear is over 1 million for the level 20 gear set) are costing significantly more to repair now.

I haven't tested anything with this, but it seems like this would then have the unattractive side effect of making Cartel armor much cheaper to repair, since it sells to a vendor for one credit. While I doubt this was their intention, I suspect they will have many more unhappy people around if true (to reiterate, I didn't test this).

As an aside, back in the old days of repair costs, costs were determined by percent repaired, not a flat rate per durability point. This meant that it cost the same to go from 40 to 80 durability (for light armor) as it did to go from 60 to 120 durability (for heavy) - ie, light armor wearers had to repair more often, for the same price. While I don't really raid anymore, it would be unfortunate if the increased repair costs made this an issue again.

conspiracy theory gogogogogogogo :rolleyes:

Ok I'll go.

*puts on tin foil hat*

Bioware intentionally raised the cost of armour repairs, as their first attempt, to increase money sinks within the game.

Now that the players have less credits in their galactic wallets. They are unable to purchase valuable Cartel Market items from the GTN. Thus forcing them to buy Cartel Coins and buy their own packs! :rak_03:

This is definatly something Bioware needs to address. They lowered the repair costs a while back, to a level that I found I was comfortable with, as it was cheap and I was able to manage my funds and repair costs well.

HOWEVER with the current patch that has been released with the Gree event, the cost of repairs has almost doubled from what It previously was, and it needs to be rectified, to the level of fee, it was before 1.7 was released.

I haven't tested anything with this, but it seems like this would then have the unattractive side effect of making Cartel armor much cheaper to repair, since it sells to a vendor for one credit. While I doubt this was their intention, I suspect they will have many more unhappy people around if true (to reiterate, I didn't test this).

As an aside, back in the old days of repair costs, costs were determined by percent repaired, not a flat rate per durability point. This meant that it cost the same to go from 40 to 80 durability (for light armor) as it did to go from 60 to 120 durability (for heavy) - ie, light armor wearers had to repair more often, for the same price. While I don't really raid anymore, it would be unfortunate if the increased repair costs made this an issue again.

The more I think about it the more I wonder. I do have a character with the Trailblazer headpiece, I might need to send those mods to that character and see what the costs to repair are. It's only a couple of dailies to test. It's possible that was the previous problem, those with cartel gear had inordinately low repair costs (because it was just the shell cost) and now it's much greater, which is the reason for the uproar. Personally I haven't seen significant changes in my repair costs, but I don't run Ops either.

Interesting, it seems that tanks are getting disproportionate increase?

Because from most of the people posting it seems those who are tanks are reporting high increase, those who are other classes not so much. Perhaps there is something that is making heavy armor cost more than light armor?

The only other thing would be that somehow legacy armor is costing more, and that there is truth that a fancier shell is equating to cost, even though there is no performance gain.

A Shadow wears light armor not Heavy. Tanks in general are taking more of a pounding as is their role to do so, so to speak, and because of it they are taking disproportionately higher costs for repairs.

To all the complainers,

I am reading hysterical posts about people quitting raiding due to the increased repair costs. Yeah, the repair costs are now about 10k each. However, the cost to repair at the launch of this game was a lot higher. Let's not mention the harder it was to grind credits since the game was brand new. I understand the constant grind of dallies gets old, but unfortunately that is what has to be done. If you want to progress in raiding, well you are going to have to put some extra time into making the money.

This game is attracting more and more of the "entitled" people who believe they should get everything for free. This is quite evident in this forums ranting about a decision that Bioware decided to implement. If this increased repair costs makes you complainers that angered or upset about how this game is being run, then please feel free to cancel your sub. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Bioware does not have to give away free stuff. Bioware does not have to produce updates as quickly. Bioware does not have to come up with fun new world events. They simply do not owe you as a customer anything besides making sure the servers are avaliable. To you F2Pers. they owe you absolutely nothing. Playing this game for free does not mean you get the same stuff that $15 a month subs do. Cant hide your head slot? That is what you get for paying not a single dime to play this game.

Please stop complaining about this game. If this game is as bad as many of you say it is, why in the world are you still logging on? There are many useful things to do then to play this game. Learn to view things in a positive way, not a negative way.

Even though I agree that there are a lot of people who have entitlement issues, Im not so sure that this hike in repair costs is the real culprit. I think as time goes on people are beginning to get more and more frustrated with EAware which is making the peasants very restless.

Think about it. Besides a limited time event, what exactly did 1.7 bring to the table? More dailies for rehashed gear with a higher repair bill. Thats it. Its as if they are trying to get away with as little as possible.

It makes people throw their hands up as say: "We waited 10 weeks for THIS?"

I dont think EAware has done anything substantial for the game since Section X which really just boiled down to just more dailies, and Im pretty sure that Section X was in development since before launch, so its not like they were giving anything to the community that they were wanting. It was already on their to-do list.

People are beginning to feel spat on by EAware. It looks like EAware is more concerned with their Cash Store than they are about keeping thier paying subscribers happy.

And as far as people cancelling? They are. These people here on these forums that are threatening to cancel or Have canceled are just the vocal ones who use these forums. There are Plenty who actually DID cancel and just left quietly.

I play with my father, and his account expired yesterday. He didnt come here to make any big posts. He just quietly left. Mine is also cancelled but I still have 9 or 10 days left and then I will be gone too. Not to mention that a bunch of our guild decided to leave too. And it wasnt just because of repair costs.

The game and EAware has gone stale. The Cash Store is the new king. We wont be missed

Edited by Poondavo

Not a conspiracy theory genius. Anytime a company decides to go free to play, said company will nickel and dime you anyway they can. It's a slippery slope. Learn business.

No, it is a conspiracy theory, they may try to nickle and dime you to death, but that doesn't mean that they create and fix imaginary bugs to suit their needs.

Unless you have intimate knowledge of their coding, and know for a fact that this was intentional, you cannot say that was what they actually did, you just end up spewing fictitious nonsense

Edited by DarthVenizen

To all the complainers,

You don't read well do you? First I have been here since launch as well have many others that have stated so in this thread, but secondly you can only post on the forums if you have an active sub. F2P and Premiums can not post so your questions are not only ridiculous but you have clearly read next to nothing and want to come in here talking as if you have a clue.

No, it is a conspiracy theory, they may try to nickle and dime you to death, but that doesn't mean that they create and fix imaginary bugs to suit their needs.

Unless you have intimate knowledge of their coding, and know for a fact that this was intentional, you cannot say that was what they actually did, you just end up spewing fictitious nonsense

You're right. I can't say that's what they did, I typed it.

Back on topic. Repair costs will no doubt revert.

I was thinking 'bleh, crybabies' when I first heard about this. But tonight our progression guild (which is now on full farm status) went on a NiM EC re-run of 16-man and had a few whipes (rusty). I have to admit, the repair bills are rediculious now. I have two new babies to handle so the fact that I get my 2 nights a week to play is special in itself. I don't have the rest of the week to farm credits and I refuse to use cheats such as spacebots (i can't believe they still haven't blocked them... seriously?) to farm money. I had no problem with the past repair bills but this is nuts. Being a full 63-geared sage, it's close to 14k per death. One screwup here and there and it's roughly 250k per whipe for a 16-man run...

Do you hate the PVE'ers? PVP is already bleh in this game and now you're alienating the PVE'ers on top of it all. Not to mention our East coast PVP server is the lowest pop of all... Thanks.

I don't believe any of the conspiracies, instead I just think this was a poorly though out mistake.

However what I don't understand is why they closed the other two threads which had far less arguing and insult slinging than this one which has been full of hostilities since the first few pages. I'm not even going to get involved in any discussion here any more as all this issue seems to have done is split an already fairly miffed player base, regardless of which side people are on it's devolved into name calling every few posts..

One side calling the other lazy, bad players and stupid, while the other side calls them blind fanboys and no life losers. It's kind of worrying what the state of pugs will be after this regardless of who gets their way.

Edited by yfnoggin

However what I don't understand is why they closed the other two threads which had far less arguing and insult slinging than this one which has been full of hostilities since the first few pages .

True. It's rather odd they chose this one where people are rude and the fighting basically never stops.

Doesn't change the fact there's quite a lot of people in favor of rolling back the 'fix', me included.

Edited by Lent_San

Ok I'll go.

*puts on tin foil hat*

Bioware intentionally raised the cost of armour repairs, as their first attempt, to increase money sinks within the game.

Now that the players have less credits in their galactic wallets. They are unable to purchase valuable Cartel Market items from the GTN. Thus forcing them to buy Cartel Coins and buy their own packs! :rak_03:

EA is perfectly fine with person A buying the pack for real money and posting it to the GTN so person B will buy it with credits. Person A wasn't buying it to open it, he was buying it to get the credits. If he can't get credits for the pack any more, Person A won't buy the pack for RMT either. Person B might... or might not. There's a guarantee of no ADDITIONAL sales and a risk of FEWER sales. Bad theory.

EA is perfectly fine with person A buying the pack for real money and posting it to the GTN so person B will buy it with credits. Person A wasn't buying it to open it, he was buying it to get the credits. If he can't get credits for the pack any more, Person A won't buy the pack for RMT either. Person B might... or might not. There's a guarantee of no ADDITIONAL sales and a risk of FEWER sales. Bad theory.

man the banned me for stupid things and you're still here?

Take off your tin-foil hat and your weird nonsense and go home. I'm back and you're wrong about everything you've ever said.

To all the complainers,

I'm a paid sub.

The game is really awesome. It's just stupid little garbage like fixing a bug that was never a problem, but the fix is a big problem, that grinds me. So I'm telling EA they did something stupid so they fix it.

Lemme ask ya this, Sir Defender of the EA... how many times between Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.7 did you ever tell to anyone - friend, acquaintence, guildy, forum post, or bug post - that the repair costs were too damn LOW?

Zero?

I thought so.

So then why exactly are you defending a "fix" that fixed nothing but made the game worse for a lot of people? Do you want more people to quit playing?

Edited by DarthTHC

I'm a paid sub.

The game is really awesome. It's just stupid little garbage like fixing a bug that was never a problem, but the fix is a big problem, that grinds me. So I'm telling EA they did something stupid so they fix it.

Lemme ask ya this, Sir Defender of the EA... how many times between Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.7 did you ever tell to anyone - friend, acquaintence, guildy, forum post, or bug post - that the repair costs were too damn LOW?

Zero?

I thought so.

So then why exactly are you defending a "fix" that fixed nothing but made the game worse for a lot of people? Do you want more people to quit playing?

just because someone doesn't say that they think repair costs are too low, or isn't adamant that they are, doesn't mean that they don't think they are.

In fact if they were to have come to the forums and vocalized their opinions on the forums they would have gotten flamed to hell.

Just because someone didn't think they were too low before, doesn't mean they automatically have an issue with the higher repair costs

Edited by DarthVenizen

I'm a paid sub.

Zero?

I thought so.

I've actually said these to my guildies

"Wow, these repair costs are so much better then vindictus"

"At least the repair costs are cheap, kinda too cheap, but whatever"

"maybe they should incrase the repair costs to back before 1.2 so things will go down in price"

"Hey, remember when tank repairs sucked?"

"Credits are too easy in this game, need a new credit sink or a revert to repairs"