Basic Gear mission lvl 55?

Sorry, if it sounds lame, but I could not figure out myself what to do next.

I finished Makeb story (and on contrary to some, I was able to ding 55 with only Makeb quests – no GSI and no Binocular missions even) and then I got a mission called ”Basic Gear”. That pointed me to mid Republic Space Station area on Makeb. There was a droid with yellow –green triangle and that one gave me another mission. However the triangle remains “green” like there should be another NPC I need to talk to, but no, there’s no one.

Then I went back to Makeb (saw some missions to complete – actually a whole lot of things opened now) but again the yellow green triangle is at that station! Someone told me to fly to Republic fleet and talk to to suppliers, but there was NO “basic gear” quest.

I saw some Arkanian sellers but for those I miss the Makeb reputation status, (mind you it needs to be the “hero” rank – more weeks of grinding)

So back to Rep Makeb Station and again that green triangle points to the droid, but he does not produce anything new..

Does anyone know what to do? Whom did I miss to “click’n’talk”? Or it is some bug?

Thanks!

Besides, I was doing the whole Makeb in full BH gear - more than enough.

In order to complete the gear mission you have to do the two stages of the weekly quest, each of which involve completing 3 "stage" daily quests of your choosing. Go to the mission terminal on Makeb to pick those up. This is similar to the bonus series quests on various planets where you'll see a quest completion triangle on top of an npc because you need to complete his/her quest to continue the bonus series line.

Is it me, or do the rewards for the basic gear quests seem a bit low? I'm not here to QQ but given how long the missions for the Makeb staged weekly are & how many there are, and the fact that you need to do two other full weeklies, I feel like it should offer more than 20 basic comms. I'm already past needing basic comms after just 4 days at 55. Honestly, I probably won't even do the basic mission on my next 55s because right now, the effort put into it for the reward we get is simply not worth it. Edited by revan_worshipper

Is it me, or do the rewards for the basic gear quests seem a bit low? I'm not here to QQ but given how long the missions for the Makeb staged weekly are & how many there are, and the fact that you need to do two other full weeklies, I feel like it should offer more than 20 basic comms. I'm already past needing basic comms after just 4 days at 55. Honestly, I probably won't even do the basic mission on my next 55s because right now, the effort put into it for the reward we get is simply not worth it.

Basic Gear quest is suppose to be just a bonus. The three weeklies themselves already reward basic comms. The Basic Gear was just suppose to be icing on the cake :D

• 11 months later...

These quests are kinda garbage lol. Same with the Macro and Seeker.

I understand it is a way for people to gear if they aren't into FPs and are working on getting suitable pieces to run FPs, but still. Like the person before said earlier in thread, for all the running around and stuff more than 20 basic comms should be rewarded.

if you want to get a ''head start'' on gear instead of doing the basic gear quest there is just a weekly for 20is basic coms do oricon story line for an almost full set of 66gear and bye Mh/Oh from gtn (66hilt/barrel) you can pick up the quest at the mission terminal on fleet (just beside the daily FP terminal)

/Wicked

These quests are kinda garbage lol. Same with the Macro and Seeker.

I understand it is a way for people to gear if they aren't into FPs and are working on getting suitable pieces to run FPs, but still. Like the person before said earlier in thread, for all the running around and stuff more than 20 basic comms should be rewarded.

So true especially as you can run the Tactical daily in whatever gear you have and get 10 comms in 15-20 minutes, as well as head out to Oricon and get full Basic level gear pieces from simply doing the missions.

The reward is quite low, I think. They could at least give you artifact belt/bracer or something for your class.

Hit 55 last Monday on my Sorc healer. Immediately did Oricon story + Oricon weekly. Did Oricon weekly on Tuesday, finished Makeb story line, did Czerka weekly, did SnV weekly, TfB weekly, Classic Ops weekly, TC weekly, and all of a sudden the only thing I needed basic comms for was to get a couple of relics because I didn't want to buy the ones on the GTN. So I did the basic gear mission, and that's the last time I'll ever do the Makeb, Section X, or Black Hole weeklies on this character.

Not bad for a character who is only intended to fill in spots in my ops group for when we have more tanks than healers.