More quickbar slots

Asavrede

Don't show the extra bar if you don't want it... it's not rocket surgery - if you don't want a given UI element - turn it off!

On the subject of your posts - Dual Spec (properly implemented) would be great - manually re-assigning talent points and exchanging every single piece of gear click-by-click with bags & character windows open is incredibly tedious and error-prone by comparison.

There's a huge opportunity for quality-of-life improvements here for people who switch roles or play both PvE and PvP - your opposition seems either terribly ignorant or contrary simply for the sake of being contrary.

First of all, I don't believe juggling 10 thousand different buttons and hot keys is anything even remotely close to fun. Second, seeing a screen with too much clutter offends my aesthetic sensibilities.

When are you people going to get it: World of Warcraft does NOT appeal to the masses, it simply has the (deep) geek market cornered. So stop trying to copy it already

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather be able to modify the quickbars. For example, extending them to make them bigger or being able to locate them anywhere on the screen. If I could add more slots to the existing quickbars or stack the left or right quickbar on top of the other 2 at the bottom, that would be great.

I'd rather be able to modify the quickbars. For example, extending them to make them bigger or being able to locate them anywhere on the screen. If I could add more slots to the existing quickbars or stack the left or right quickbar on top of the other 2 at the bottom, that would be great.

Huh? Beside the maximum 12 slots per Quickbar limit, you can already do all what you just said since update 1.2.

Edited by Elysith

i talked to damion schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!
thank you!!!! :)
I would love this as well. It would be great to somehow have the ability to layout your rows and columns however you want as long as you didn't exceed the maximum number of slots. I'd also love 15-slot long bars as someone else has already suggested. Edited by Caligari

I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!

What I hope you all do is something l like this WoW Addon http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info5502-AutoBar.html and not just add more quickbars but add other bars for other stuff besides spells. Sense it seems you all based your timers off this addon http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info4836-OmniCC.html or prolly not.

which the timer thing i love it , no addon needed .

Why does everyone seem to want to use all their abilities these days??....Perhaps I missed something, but you don't have to use all of them.
You will soon if BWs answer to everything is to add new abilities or make abilities that are less used become more crucial.

thank you!!!! :)I would love this as well. It would be great to somehow have the ability to layout your rows and columns however you want as long as you didn't exceed the maximum number of slots. I'd also love 15-slot long bars as someone else has already suggested.

You guys can do this now. You have been able to fully customize you layout since April. Either hit esc and got it interface editor or click on the + quickbar.

Don't show the extra bar if you don't want it... it's not rocket surgery - if you don't want a given UI element - turn it off!

On the subject of your posts - Dual Spec (properly implemented) would be great - manually re-assigning talent points and exchanging every single piece of gear click-by-click with bags & character windows open is incredibly tedious and error-prone by comparison.

There's a huge opportunity for quality-of-life improvements here for people who switch roles or play both PvE and PvP - your opposition seems either terribly ignorant or contrary simply for the sake of being contrary.

In GW they had where you could change to a build by just selecting it.While you were in town..With duel spec maybe it could be set up so you could switch like that.That would be awesome.Especially with a extra bar.

I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!

A poster pointed at a post you guys made mentioning more quiclsots bars were a priority and to come just after 1.2.

I quoted his post and both his post and mine have been deleted.

Are you that afraid people see you are like 8 month late to deliver such a simple tweak?

Do not worry it's just censorship :rolleyes:

Allison, again, do you remember this topic (05.02.2012 , 09:13 PM)?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=442011

Hello everyone. Now that you’ve been able to use the UI Customization features implemented with Game Update 1.2, the developers would like to request your feedback. In this thread, please post to let us know what UI features or functions you would like to see implemented in the future.

We are already working on a few areas based on your feedback, such as additional hotbars and more customizable buff bars. While we do not have an estimate for when these features will be implemented, we are hoping that more great ideas will come from you!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. We’re looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

That may be why you are having a problem. When you remove all binds from your action bars right click becomes the default for slot 1. Bind slot 1 to anything and that should fix your problem.

:cool:

Not entirely. On my end I bound the slot to a different key from default. Still when I right-click an applicable target the skill is used. As far as I know it's hard-coded in the game that right-click uses the first skill on your first bar with no way to deactivate it.

Would be nice to have a toggle for it in Preferences or something (and if there is, please tell me where! xD)

For me a better all round solution would be a quick bar tab on the character sheet, you can set up as many buttons as you want, drag and drop the non essential buttons that you click onto you UI and the rest simply hotkey and hide, no clutter on your screen unless you wish to click all of your skill.

All of the buttons I use are keybound and I don't need to look at the bars at all, you could have a single icon on the screen showing the universal cool down and another icon that flashes the symbol of an ability that uses parameters outside of the universal cooldown when it becomes available.

Edit: I typed "as" with a double "s" accidentally, the swear filter blanked the word...

Edited by Lazzer

For me a better all round solution would be a quick bar tab on the character sheet, you can set up as many buttons as you want, drag and drop the non essential buttons that you click onto you UI and the rest simply hotkey and hide, no clutter on your screen unless you wish to click all of your skill.

All of the buttons I use are keybound and I don't need to look at the bars at all, you could have a single icon on the screen showing the universal cool down and another icon that flashes the symbol of an ability that uses parameters outside of the universal cooldown when it becomes available.

Edit: I typed "as" with a double "s" accidentally, the swear filter blanked the word...

Totally agree with that, would be a great option.

For most of the skills people that use key bindings don't need to even see the icons.

Edited by Deewe

I was just reading the developer update for 1.4 where a bunch of abilities are getting nerfed but in turn for instance mercenaries get a new ability.

Where am I supposed to put that?? My hotbars are already full, and have already needed some culling of less used abilities, so really I need another bar for things I dont use in combat, like speeder, buffs, stims, etc. to clear up space for combat stuff.

It makes no sense to have more abilities/item effects or whatever than there are quickbar slots. Anything not hotbared will almost never get used.

Why do you need more quick bars? You know you get four total right? and theres no way you fill up four quickbar slots, unless you have everypet and vehicle you own on them..

Why do you need more quick bars? You know you get four total right? and theres no way you fill up four quickbar slots, unless you have everypet and vehicle you own on them..

ROFL. You do know some people play other classes than you right? Certainly some classes are fine with 4 sets of bars, leaving room to spare but not all of them. And that is with just one vehicle and no pets taking up space. Legacy powers alone can take up 1/4 of the total.

I won't ask for the ETA on extra toolbars. I can wait, I know the development cycle takes some time. It has to when you've got too many cooks in the kitchen.

I'll ask about something else, equally important instead, as it is directly related: When they get around to these extra toolbars, are they finally going to give us a template/config export option, so I can import the same setup on all my characters? I don't mean the UI config, that works fine - I mean MY KEY BINDINGS. Having to re-bind every combination of keys I use on every character is a major p.i.t.a. Why you guys seem to have bound them on the server end instead of just dumping them info a config file (like the UI) is somewhat astounding, and hindering of convenience to quite a degree.

Every character, and I have to go through and re-bind at least 37 different keys, when it could just be tied into my chosen UI template instead. Think about it.

You guys can do this now. You have been able to fully customize you layout since April. Either hit esc and got it interface editor or click on the + quickbar.
What i meant was, if the maximum number of slots was 60 (12x5) I could have 4 rows of 15 or 6 rows of 10. You can't have more than 12 slots per row currently. Even if this functionality is only available via the xml file, that would be grand. I did a fair amount of AoC UI tweaking, and even that level of customization would be fantastic in this game.

I'll ask about something else, equally important instead, as it is directly related: When they get around to these extra toolbars, are they finally going to give us a template/config export option, so I can import the same setup on all my characters? I don't mean the UI config, that works fine - I mean MY KEY BINDINGS. Having to re-bind every combination of keys I use on every character is a major p.i.t.a.
^ This too. The UI editor makes it so easy to save and have multiple layouts. I really wish keybindings worked in a similar fashion. Edited by Caligari