Class Changes: Bodyguard Mercenary and Combat Medic Commando

EricMusco

I expect this last round of nerfs will about kill off my raid team, which is about all that is left of a founding guild. If we still have a team in 3 months it will be a miracle. If we have one in 6, it'll be because EA dumped the entire decision making team in Austin.

if these nerfs kill your raiding team, instead of no real new content, im actually very surprised.

Yay, a nerf!

Bioware, you really know how to please your players and add fun to the game.

Nerf = raises fun = raises income for BW. Everyone knows that.

You are so smart at BW. I salute you. I wished all companies would do as smart business solutions as you do. You are a shiny example for others.

/slowclap

Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes to Bodyguard and Combat Medic coming in Game Update 5.5:

-eric

you guys are killing this game so many nerfs to classes healers and DPS it will be useless to do opps on HM and NM now guess ill be doing SM opps on fri and sat and back to wow theres really nothing here anymore ty for the ride GL

you guys are killing this game so many nerfs to classes healers and DPS it will be useless to do opps on HM and NM now guess ill be doing SM opps on fri and sat and back to wow theres really nothing here anymore ty for the ride GL

If these changes are going to stop you from clearing HMs (and in Nim only the hardest fights might become more challenging) you didn't know how to play well in the first place, simple as that.

Especially if you do have 248 gear.

Edited by Equeliber

Srsly are you idiotic? Plese give me another 3 Merc/Mando heals Who are able to pull off 10k+ HPS right now in a PVP Match.

Yeah i should really Learn to Play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The operative and sorc nerfs are both rougher for those classes in pvp, and merc is still tankier than any other healer class.

To conclude this off-topic stuff, I'll just say that I don't know about Jugg and Powertech though, never used one of those to tank

While sin is arguably the best at the moment, I main guardian tanks and play them all to a reasonable level at least in PvE. Guardians are also in a good spot currently because of the plethora of DCDs. The trick is knowing when to use which one rather than oh no push a blue button. Also when to say, use saber reflect for damage fluff or threat generation and when to save it for DCD purposes later on.

Edited by KendraP

I'm playing the commando heal since game start and it always felt like the worst healing

class.

Now we get another nerf and it will make him more worse than ever, even in pvp.

It's no fun anymore and I'm really thinking about transforming him into a DD.

Why should I play such an underperforming class spec?

Most of merc "tankiness" comes from utilities and my guess is that nerf to healing numbers are smaller than sorc / operative, because they will trash trauma regulators soon. THey haven't touched defensives yet and merc without cooldowns suddenly doesn't look that tanky. So just wait :)

Skank = Tank with dps gear

This apply mainly in PvP because real tanks are useless (tank stats don't give enough bonus to be usefull) and dps spec are usually trash because "nerf offensive ability" and "buff defensive ability" (resulting in a Time To Kill too great and too demanding when playing dps). It is better nowadays to play a tank with dps gear because you'll be more resistant and deal a lot more damage (because you don't die).

This also apply to mercs and snipers in some way because they are incredibly tanky. :p

But you can still see peoples that play tank with DPS mods in PvE, because again, tank stats are trash and the payoff is better with the power given by dps mods.

Again, this is another issue we're waiting the devs to resolve since quite a long time now. :rolleyes:

You know what? I kick serious *** on my Jugg tank, and to a slightly lesser degree my Vanguard. Sure my damage output isn't great but it's amazing how good mitigation can tip the scales. And just so we are clear skanks don't have good mitigation, average at best

You know what? I kick serious *** on my Jugg tank, and to a slightly lesser degree my Vanguard. Sure my damage output isn't great but it's amazing how good mitigation can tip the scales. And just so we are clear skanks don't have good mitigation, average at best

I perfectly know how good it is to play a tank with decent mitigation stat, I main a sin with every spec/gear and I notice the difference in PvP. ;) I never said that skanks are better. It's just a question of playstyle I guess. Maybe if dps spec were alright there wouldn't be so much skank around ? :rolleyes:

Back to topic now, did anyone have made some test ? I'm curious to see what has changed with this class, since I don't really know it ^^

I perfectly know how good it is to play a tank with decent mitigation stat, I main a sin with every spec/gear and I notice the difference in PvP. ;) I never said that skanks are better. It's just a question of playstyle I guess. Maybe if dps spec were alright there wouldn't be so much skank around ? :rolleyes:

Back to topic now, did anyone have made some test ? I'm curious to see what has changed with this class, since I don't really know it ^^

I’m speaking strictly for pvp but the nerfs aren’t that bad. They’re pretty mild compared to the hiding other healer classes got, and our greatest strength (cooldowns) remain untouched :)