Announcing the first DARK TOURNAMENT

GreenLantern

!!!!CANCELED!!!

*Sadface*

The time is nearing to test your PVP combat skills, wit, and team building prowess in the first ever...

DARK TOURNAMENT

Brought to you by:

<Rude Dudes>/<Rude Boys>

Format: The Dark Tournament will match teams of 5 against each other in 1v1 battles with the first team reaching 3 victories taking the match. The winning team will advance to the next round and the losing team will go home. Fighters from each team may only compete in one battle per match.

Team Structure: Teams will consist of 5 players. Imperial and Republic blended teams are allowed. Each player must be unique within the group in his/her Advanced class (and its opposite faction mirror). I.E. two Shadows on a team will not be allowed. A Shadow and an Assassin on a team will not be allowed. A Shadow and a Sage is allowed. Teams may compete with less than 5 members, but the team will be disqualified from the match if the team fails to reach 3 wins once all team members have participated in a battle.

Team Match Rules: Each team will submit a fighter for the first 1v1 battle to the Match official after both teams have been announced for a match and have full knowledge of what team they are facing. After the first battle, the winning team is required to select and send out its next fighter first, with the losing team being required to select and send out its next fighter within 20 seconds of the winning team's next fighter being announced. Exceeding the time limit for submitting the next fighter will result in forfeiture of the 1v1 battle with the opposing team's announced fighter retaining eligibility for another 1v1 match. The order in which the two teams submit their fighters for the next battle will always be based on the outcome of the previous battle (excluding the opening battle and battles that are ended by forfeiture via rule violation. Fighter selection for the battle immediately after a forfeiture via rule violation will be decided by the outcome of the battle prior to the forfeit battle. If the first battle of the match ends in a forfeiture of any kind, the two teams will re-submit two new fighters to the official to replicate the conditions of the first battle).

1v1 Battle Rules: Consumables (grenades, adrenals, medpacs, on use relics) will not be allowed. Officials will be present watching buff bars and using any of these items will result in forfeiture of the current battle. Stimulants will be allowed as well as class buffs. Companions and the use of Heroic moment abilities will not be allowed. Vanish-Sap-Recouperating (see post #2 for details) will not be allowed in any match and doing so will result in immediate forfeiture of the current battle. A time limit of 10 minutes will be placed on each battle. If a battle exceeds the time limit. the battle will be declared a draw and the two fighters will lose their eligibility for another battle within the match. If the battle that ends in a draw is the fifth and final match, the two teams will submit a fighter to the official for one final deciding battle for which any team member will be eligible. Any forfeiture of a 1v1 battle because of rule violation will result in the opposing team's fighter participating in the forfeited battle retaining eligibility for another battle.

The Prize: The winning team will take home a guaranteed minimum purse of 25 million credits which will increase as the number of competing teams increases. Not to mention bragging rights for what will be the most prestigious award within the PVP community...CHAMPIONS OF THE DARK TOURNAMENT!

Entry Fee: The entry fee for each team will be 2 million credits.

Venue and Time The tournament will be held in the Voss neutral grounds on Sunday, February 10th with the first Match beginning at 1:00PM Eastern Standard time.

Registration: The Dark Tournament will be hosted by <Rude Dudes> Republic guild. Contact Gary with your team name, team captain and members and their classes or make forum post to get into contact with me. Registration can also be made via in game mail addressed to Gary (Rep. side) or Gayray (Imp. side)with the required information (team name, captain, and participating members and their classes). Registration fees will be collected at the time of registration and registration will remain open until February 9th at 11:59 PM EST, the day before the tournament begins. Team member changes will be allowed until the end of registration.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE DARK TOURNAMENT!

Edited by GreenLantern

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanish-Sap-Recuperate rule clarification:

The Vanish-Sap-Recuperate rule exists to prevent a specific series of last ditch actions performed by a stealth class in which the stealther uses his/her vanish ability, places an incapacitating "Sap" effect on the opponent, and then using the break in combat to use the class recuperate ability to full health and resource. This rule does not prohibit the use of stealth, vanishing, or using incapacitating effects in the duel. It exists to protect non stealth classes from an action that stacks the odds unreasonably in the stealther's favor. This rule also does not prohibit the use of recuperation when exiting combat as long as the opponent has the ability to retaliate fairly (not incapacitated by a sap).

Edited by GreenLantern

^^ No.

Each player must be unique within the group in his/her Advanced class (and its opposite faction mirror). I.E. two Shadows on a team will not be allowed. A Shadow and an Assassin on a team will not be allowed.

this looks like a way for the organizer to get crazy rich, charging 2 mil per team, you get 12 teams and that covers the pot, so each and every one after that will be profit going into your pocket.

i would expect around 30 to 40 teams to sign up for this after having attended several dueling tournaments and seeing the response there for prizes of only 3mil max.

so lets say 35 teams sign up, (still a low ball figure)

thats 70 million credits and you use 25 million to pay the prize, thats a profit in your pocket of 45 million.

pretty nice wages for setting up a simple bracket and then watching duels you would have wanted to watch anyway.

what a rip off

Edited by Xplunger

this looks like a way for the organizer to get crazy rich, charging 2 mil per team, you get 12 teams and that covers the pot, so each and every one after that will be profit going into your pocket.

i would expect around 30 to 40 teams to sign up for this after having attended several dueling tournaments and seeing the response there for prizes of only 3mil max.

so lets say 35 teams sign up, (still a low ball figure)

thats 70 million credits and you use 25 million to pay the prize, thats a profit in your pocket of 45 million.

pretty nice wages for setting up a simple bracket and then watching duels you would have wanted to watch anyway.

what a rip off

You obviously haven't seen the prior dueling tournaments on these servers. 35+ teams would not be a low ball figure, it would be a miracle. That's like 175-200 people that would have to sign up, bad assumptions = bad made up facts.

Venue and Time The tournament will be held in the Voss neutral grounds on Sunday, February 9th with the first Match beginning at 1:00PM Eastern Standard time

LOVE the idea. Quick question though. Feb. 9th is a Saturday. So is this Sat. Feb 9th at 1:00pm or Sun. Feb 10 at 1:00pm?

Thanks

-Naor

I am curious to see how this turns out, though I think 3v3 best 2 of 3 would be a better bet on getting the most teams to show, as a lot of teams (that are not you guys) have issues coming up with 5 elite DPS, whereas 3 is a much more reasonable number... I will still check it out but i doubt I'l have a team

I have a question if you are dueling a stealth class when they vanish to try and reopen can you use your self regen thing to make them come out of stealth quicker or at least make them sap you first before they can get they're opener again? Cause I could also see like a madness sin putting their 3 dots on you and vanish and just let all the dots tick on you. Edited by BurningCourage

Statement: The disallowment of vanishing and consumables is good. I'd do terribly if that were allowed.

Query: Does the no vanishing rule include no initial stealth attacks?

Query: Does "vanish-sap-recuperating" include things like the Trooper Overshield and Adrenaline Rush, or are those considered class buffs too?

Statement: The disallowment of vanishing and consumables is good. I'd do terribly if that were allowed.

Query: Does the no vanishing rule include no initial stealth attacks?

Query: Does "vanish-sap-recuperating" include things like the Trooper Overshield and Adrenaline Rush, or are those considered class buffs too?

Vanishing is allowed and stealthers are allowed to begin the duel in stealth. The Vanish-Sap-Recuperate is a series of actions that allow a stealth class to vanish, sap their opponent, and then use their out of combat recuperate skill to return to full health and resource, effectively forcing players to fight a stealth player multiple times within a single duel. This rule does not include anything about using personal class cooldowns like Adrenaline Rush. Any ability that is at your class's disposal is allowed except the use of the Vanish-Sap-Recuperate action.

Maybe I mis-understand the rule "Vanish-Sap-Recouperating ". Are you saying we can't Vanish/Disapper, or sap ot heal? Or are you saying we can't use that specific combination?

- Disallowing Vanish for Scoundrel/Operative is like disallowing Force Leap/Force Charge for Knights/Marauders. This hardly seems fair unless you restrict those classes from force leap as well.

- Do we assume force camouflage is considered a 'Vanish'?

Some clarification, please.

I would also like to know the rules on gear. Are contestants allowed to change gear at any time? This would allow players to 'sandbag' with less than optimal gear and seconds before their fight switch that gear.

Maybe I mis-understand the rule "Vanish-Sap-Recouperating ". Are you saying we can't Vanish/Disapper, or sap ot heal? Or are you saying we can't use that specific combination?

- Disallowing Vanish for Scoundrel/Operative is like disallowing Force Leap/Force Charge for Knights/Marauders. This hardly seems fair unless you restrict those classes from force leap as well.

I would also like to know the rules on gear. Are contestants allowed to change gear at any time? This would allow players to 'sandbag' with less than optimal gear and seconds before their fight switch that gear.

In combat stealths are allowed, it's only vanishing-sap-out of combat regening that is forbidden.

As for gear changing, we'll discus it but I'm assuming there will be a certain point before the fight starts where people can't change there stuff around anymore.

Post #2 is edited for clarification.