I'm a Pyromaniac at heart, but......

Curious....

Just started playing a Pyro BH a few weeks ago. Currently at level 35 and so far really enjoying the class. I love the fire animations, sounds and just the powerful feel of the heavy armor wearing pyromaniac that don't take crap from nobody.

I have not had a chance to check the pts 2.0 or log into the game since the update 2.0 went live. I keep reading all these negative posts that Pyro got nerfed bad and Pyro will not be viable in end game PVE. As a player that has never experienced end game content with a BH (thus not missing anything), will I be highly disappointed?

I don't do any PVP but mostly wanted to focus on end game hardmode FP's, operations and dailies. Will I be passed up for other dps classes in ops/fp's? If Pyro's are really as bad as what I'm hearing, I don't want to invest anymore time into a dead class.

Again, I completely understand why people are upset when you are used to having nice burst damage or rotations and having that taken away. But for somebody that is new to the class, will it be noticeable?

P.S.

I know I should play what I enjoy the most, but I have been around MMO's enough to know that some classes can lose their enjoyment once you hit end game if they are not viable or wanted in groups.

Thanks for any feedback.

Drop the class... thats what any GOOD pt or vg is gonna tell you.. You are worthless in pvp and not anywhere near as good as you could have been in PVE.. unless we get some roll backs don't waste your time playing your PT move on to any other dps class they all have stupid good damage now.

Over 200 views and nobody wishes to share their opinion on the topic?

The reason behinde the looks and no replies is that everyone is still trying to get used to the changes.

The "nerf" wouldn't have happened for no reason. And there is always tthat adjustment time.

People re-figuring out just how to play their character class to it's fullest potencial.

The problem arrises when people see something they are used to changed and then come to the forums screaming doom and gloom.

Take the time to go over your character, try out different set-ups, and take into consideration that there is new gear etc. to account for.

There have been several people stating that they love their Bounty Hunters more now than ever.

Don't just scrap a character because some people keep posting they are completely broken.

Honestly only YOU can answer your question. Are you enjoying playing the PT? If so who really cares?! I perfectly understand and get what you are asking but let's say you ENJOY the class but drop it in favor for another due to the nerf....then in say 3 months they bump it up again. You will have just missed out on 3 months worth of playing a perfectly viable class that you ENJOYED.

As far as the nerf, all I can say is I play my PT pretty casually. It's 50, dps pyro and geared fairly descent. After trying him post-2.0 all I can say is yes, in the EXACT same gear my dps has dropped fairly significantly. Is it so bad that it isn't viable? No, I wouldn't say that but I WOULD say I would you are no longer going to "melt face" with it anywhere near what we were doing.

Its still an awesome class dude, for both dps and tanking, i still wish they would make Advanced Prototype more pvp viable but not given it a good chance yet because Pyro is STILL great.

I really can't understand anyone re-rolling from their PT's but that's just my opinion, and although I am still talking from a level 50 P.o.V, its all good for me.

Will most certainly be playing my PT more in 2.0 both tanking and as dps.

but the decision is your own, so good luck with that

I have not had a chance to check the pts 2.0 or log into the game since the update 2.0 went live. I keep reading all these negative posts that Pyro got nerfed bad and Pyro will not be viable in end game PVE. As a player that has never experienced end game content with a BH (thus not missing anything), will I be highly disappointed?

I don't do any PVP but mostly wanted to focus on end game hardmode FP's, operations and dailies.

I went Pyro tree when i rolled a merc BH, enjoyed the class, had no issues with content pre 2.0 (same for ops / fps etc.) Enjoyed it fully, if you don't PvP and have no intentions of doing so then carry on as you are.

Although i will mention that i respecced to Arsenal about a month ago, and am enjoying the dps boost from doing so. Completely different playstyles though, with Arsenal i'm much more static when dishing it out, with Pyro i was always mobile (and additional aoe damage was much better with pyro imo).

I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with pyro, although you may get passed up in ops for better dps classes (never had that issue myself).

No idea about 2.0 changes, from everything i've seen, bh got some love given to it.

Played PT from 1.0 and till now. What I can say is that both AP and Pyro got nerfed, and because of hybrid and because pyro what just too good for no reason. It's different now, if u wan't dps u go more of a hybrid then full pyro, or full AP I think, but still dps is good. I've compared it only on PTS and dps was viable. But its not top atm.

Both marauder and sniper will do more damage then pyro I guess, but PT dps ain't useless in high-end pve.

Played PT from 1.0 and till now. What I can say is that both AP and Pyro got nerfed, and because of hybrid and because pyro what just too good for no reason. It's different now, if u wan't dps u go more of a hybrid then full pyro, or full AP I think, but still dps is good. I've compared it only on PTS and dps was viable. But its not top atm.

Both marauder and sniper will do more damage then pyro I guess, but PT dps ain't useless in high-end pve.

pt used to be sux at high-end pve until tfb came out,

it is only useful during few patches,

if pt dps is not as top as mara sniper, why should i play it,

i havent experience the new end ops, but if pt dps lower than mara sniper, then ill quit,

science this game has no more class story to play it.

Edited by oakamp

pt used to be sux at high-end pve until tfb came out,

it is only useful during few patches,

if pt dps is not as top as mara sniper, why should i play it,

i havent experience the new end ops, but if pt dps lower than mara sniper, then ill quit,

science this game has no more class story to play it.

Ok, quit, I don't see a problem there :D

I'll stay and play my favorite class to eventually outdps both of those classes. Already doin' more dps then top snipers in my gi.

OP -

Bads and those that only play FOTM will tell you the class is aload of crap now, and to reroll.

The thing with rerolling is that in 3-6 months time the nerf bat WILL swing again, & the class you rerolled maybe the next in line... Then what will you do? QQ & scream out that your class is aload of crap now and reroll?

Stick to the PT its more than viable... its still does great damage only time will tell if its is viable for RWZ's, but in all honesty the best will always have a spot in a RWZ team.

Operatives/Scoundrels got a huge nerf over a year ago but the pro players adapted and stuck to their class.... the Good concealment Operatives/scrapper scoundrels do disgusting amounts of damage their opener is devastating!

Ya, stick to PT and do useless Fluff damage and have the slowest TTK of any of the classes with the least utility and survivability and uhh no burst... OH wait i must be one of those FOTM players talking... sorry

Not like my PT has been my main since launch or anything the guys who are crying don't know what there talking about we are all just FOTM players.. Stick with PT and get rolled in wzs and bring down your ops groups..

GG

I realized this after trying both pyro and AP in pvp. AP is okay for HM FPS as i can see it. In most mmos the underdog class changes regularly. First operatives got the nerf-sledgehammer, then mercs and now its our turn.

Now i rerolled tankspec and im having a blast!

Try it before you reroll to the next FOTM.

Edited by Dasgruberg

I don't see the issue with BW trying to get the class more in line with the rest. yes we were really good at bursting. I'm not gonna stop playing my Vanguard or Powertech both "pyro" specced because of that. I still get my 8 medals from WZs and bring 2 taunts, grapple and a couple of stuns to help our team win. But if you ONLY have fun from being number one DPS, then I see your problem.