Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama

I love these pictures! That is exactly the face that I designed for Oriah for drawing reference! I picked a ponytail though the one without the bangs, but I love that hair style too.

I almost went with the pony tail you're talking about, but in my mind she has really long, unruly hair, the style I picked gave the impression of a lot of hair. She's also Quinn's daughter, a practical bun made more sense. lol

Edit: Also what's with all the male Pureblood options having gorgeous full kissable lips...I was dying when I was creating Kaervrek and Marek...Dying!!

Edited by Earthmama

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say... Why you so fine Lord Kaevrek and Marek? I'm supposed to hate you.

I can see you tried with the evil... still those lips. At least now I'm not substituting in a picture of Lord Scourge for Lord Kaervrek in my head. I prefer my Scourges to be luffable.

The Star Chamber space station/ Unknown region of Space

Very obvious and large chapter 3 Agent spoilers.

Shiloh walked beside Lokin. Ainsley, as she preferred to be called, followed behind with her two companions, whom Shiloh learned were Akaavi Spar, a Mandalorian, and Corso Riggs, a mercenary, and Ainsley’s husband. They wound through the halls of the forgotten Cabal’s primary headquarters, Shiloh recognized the halls, heard Hunter’s voice echo from a long forgotten battle. They eventually entered a command center of sorts, and there just as Shiloh had ordered her, stood Scorpio’s droid avatar interfacing with the console. Beside her stood Malavai’s ghost, hard at work, ready to aid her in whatever way he could. She closed her eyes, trying to focus on the real, on the here and now, but this place was a shrine to her past, and her ghosts roamed the halls, all giving her secret smiles.

“Hello agent.” Scorpio’s disembodied voice came from all around them.

“Hello Scorpio, I trust you are well?” She had not been happy to leave the throngs of the populace, she argued she could not evolve with the task Shiloh had given her. Ultimately she complied when Shiloh agreed to remove the restraining bolt, and gave her access to the entirety of the Star Cabal’s mainframe once again.

“I have evolved in the years of your absence, I have fully integrated myself into the entirety of the space station. I also no longer wish, nor need to kill you, you have given me power and freedom, for this I thank you agent.” The low female voice said.

“Please Scorpio, just Shiloh, I have not been an agent in over twenty years.” Shiloh walked over to the console Quinn was working at, he moved over to let her by.

“You have evolved as well I see, though your body has aged, you have become weaker, scarred.” The disembodied voice, was calculating, yet soothing. She finally moved back into the Droid body, the eyes lit up and cocked her head at Shiloh.

“Yes, the downside to being mortal, we age. Lokins told me the cubes have all been found and are on the move? How did we get here? I thought they had been set to start tracking after a hundred years, it’s only been twenty five. What happened? ” She looked around the room at the group assembled before her, both real and incorporeal. A large holo of the galaxy filled the room with a small handful of blinking lights.

“Kaliyo happened.” Lokin said grimly. How the Rattataki came to know was a mystery, she had her ways, and had been cunning and difficult to find and eliminate. She had known about the black codex, urged Shiloh to sell the information or become an information broker. Shiloh had refused, and refused to give away the location, the longtime partners and one time friends had parted on less then amicable terms. In the end both women had stayed true to who they were Shiloh, and her convictions and sense of truth, and unscrupulous Kaliyo. Oil and water simply don’t mix, regardless of the emulsion; they will always separate if left still for long enough.

Shiloh gave him a look asking a silent question, Lokin only shook his head, and before her eyes Kaliyo appeared leaning on Vector. Her hands felt sticky, and when she looked down they were stained with blood, a blink later they were clean again.

“She recruited my son Cohen, he’s currently on my freighter with my other son and another passenger.” Ainsley added highlighting one of the blinking spots on the galaxy map.

“Her name’s Oriah Quinn” Corso added, albeit shyly, he felt out of place, this business far over his head. Malavai’s ghost perked up at the name.

“There are also two beacons that had been coming from the freighter’s location, both beacons have been silenced, I have continued to track the freighter’s signature none the less.” Scorpio interjected. “It would by logical to assume the second beacon is thanks to this Oriah Quinn, it has moved with her since her departure from Drummond Kaas.”

An image of a young woman with bright blue eyes and full red hair filled her screen.

“Oriah Quinn, second child to Lord Ardyth Eldrazzi the Emperor’s Wrath and Major Malavai Quinn, deceased. One sibling, Marek Eldrazzi, granddaughter to Lord Kaervrek Eldrazzi, Head of Sith Intelligence Operations. Step-daughter to Captain James Arenson Pierce II” Shiloh lifted her hand to stop Scorpio, she knew what she needed. She knew this family all too well, they had single handedly shaped and destroyed her life.

“She has a second sibling Scorpio. Major Mitka Riggs Republic Army.” Shiloh said quietly, dismissing the image of Malavai’s daughter.

“I shall update my records.”

Shiloh looked over to Ainsley and Corso who had come to stand beside his wife, their little fingers linked. She felt a pang in her heart, and looked passed Vector and Malavai who watched her intently.

“What’s become of the Hoth cube?” She moved on, Scorpio highlighted a second blinked light on the map, located in Hutt Space.

“Current trajectory Nal Hutta, no further information.”

Shiloh tapped the final blinking light, also in Hutt space. The Belsavis cube, the coordinates she had left with her sister. Kianna had clearly retrieved it, she asked Scorpio to pull up the security footage of Mega Security Ward 23. The group watched in silence as the young Chiss Jedi fought one of the ancient beasts of Belsavis, how broken she dragged her Sith companion to safety. Shiloh brought a hand up to cover her mouth as she watched her baby sister fight, her heart in her throat. Gone was the seven year old child she had known so briefly, gone was the sweet girl from their years of correspondence. She was a Jedi and a powerful one at that. When she saw that she left with her allies broken but alive, Shiloh finally exhaled. Working with a Sith, this could bode well.

“Trajectory?” Shiloh’s voice was just above a whisper

“Voss”

“A Jedi?” Ainsley asked incredulously. “Since when does the Star Cabal work with Jedi, or Sith for that matter?”

“She’s my sister, and no one who knows anything of the Star Cabal, would have thought to seek out Tython for a clue.” She turned then to face her fellows, “Jedi and Sith are not the enemy, the Jedi and Sith council are. It is the dogma of each organization that oppresses not only Force blinds, but Force users alike. Light using Sith are persecuted as are Jedi who choose to follow emotion, marry, live outside the code, there is no middle ground, there is no grey. The Jedi and Sith councils inability to bend and compromise, accept that force users are more than the Force, but sentient flawed beings as we all are. My vision, my reason for doing this, is not only to give Force blinds more autonomy, but to give Force users a choice. Life is not Light and Dark, there is middle ground, and neither Jedi, nor Sith should be forced to live by the standards of these archaic religions by virtue of birth. As such, like minded Jedi and Sith, will for the first time since its inception, be welcomed into the Star Cabal. To infiltrate and effect change from within.”

“I can see why Hunter liked you so much, you are my commander, and I am your Hunter.” Ainsley smiled as she spoke the ancient words of so many Hunters before her.

Lokin gave her an approving nod, as did Akaavi and Corso, who seemed relieved, happy that he would be doing good work, fighting for a worthy cause.

Shiloh gave them all a small smile that didn’t reach her eyes. “Make no mistake, there are powers at work in all levels of government on both sides that would take the information and secrets within those cubes and use them to further their own agendas. Sith Intelligence and the SIS each have agents looking to undo us, as they always have, as I once did. Ainsley, contact your ship and your sons, bring them here with the cubes. Corso, if you like you can stay here to meet them, or go with Ainsley and Akaavi to retrieve the Hoth cube. I leave it to you to ascertain if the person or persons who carry it are Cabal material, if they are not…”

“No loose ends.” Ainsley replied seriously.

“Lokin I leave you with Scorpio to track us and provide intel. I go to Voss.” She wondered if Phi-ton was still alive, perhaps her only true and legitimate husband escaped Vector and Malavai’s fate.

Drummond Kaas

It was late when Ardyth returned to her estate; she was unsurprised to see Pierce awake when she returned. He was a night owl, but tonight was different, he was sitting in the great room on the couch, shirtless watching Hutt ball, a beer in his hand. His barrel shaped chest and hands were wrapped in gauze. His face bore a new scare. She watched him impassively from the doorway.

“What happened?” She finally asked, curious as to the cause of her husband’s injuries.

“Your father’s Rattataki, and Jeasa, interrogated me.” He finished his beer and threw the empty bottle on the floor with the rest.

Ardyth raised an eyebrow, it was bold of Rateah, and to bring Jaesa meant she suspected Pierce might have lied about something. “What was it she was after?”

Pierce considered her, he hadn’t shared any of his past with his wife, and up until then it had worked for them, but now. “My parents were traitors to the empire. They had plotted and my father killed a Sith Lord. Apparently they were part of some secret anti Sith society. A few months back I get a message from my mum. She’s dying, wants to see me, reconcile. She gave me a data cube. I didn’t like the smell of it, dangerous business, bad enough I’m the son of a traitor, don’t need treason following me home. I gave the cube to Oriah before she left.”

Ardyth considered what he said, “Your parents were part of the Star Cabal?”

“That’s what my mother said. How did you know?”

“It’s been my father’s obsession for the last twenty five years. Why did they torture you? Did you try to lie?” Ardyth knew she would normally be livid with anger, hungry for retribution against those who would dare come into her home and harm her husband. Pierce knew it to, he eyed her with confusion.

“No Ardyth, I didn’t lie. Jaesa didn’t appreciate the pet name I gave her, let me know it. The two of them left me in a smoking heap on the floor when they left.” He reached out and took her hand, turned her face to him trying to search the familiar face, something was wrong.

“So you didn’t kill her, curious. Her half eaten body was being pulled out of the ravine when I returned.” She stood up, letting his hand fall away from her. She looked him over with a critical eye, “will you be well enough to fight? The Emperor has tasked me with something of great importance, I would have liked you by my side in the fight to come…but if you’re not well I can recall Broonmark from Ilum.”

Pierces eyes narrowed, “I’ll be fine. Ardyth, what’s happened to you? You’re not yourself.” He stood up, grasping her face in his hands, it was as if she was there, but missing. Her eyes took on an almost fanatical gleam.

“The Emperor has seen fit to bless me, he has given me a great gift. I am immortal, I have more power than I have ever known. Isn’t it wonderful?” Ardyth gave her husband a wide smile, though her eyes remained empty save for a faintly crazed look.

Pierce continued looking down at her, into the golden yellow eyes he loved so much, he kissed her, her familiar lips molded to his own, he opened them with his tongue, tasting her familiar taste. When the kiss ended, she didn’t bite her lower lip like she always did she looked at him as if calculating, the dark passion that fueled them was absent.

“The Emperor’s gifts are always double edged.” He said gruffly, quietly. He was afraid, though he didn’t admit it to himself.

“They are.” She traced his lips with her finger, “I no longer feel emotion, I no longer have my senses. There is no taste, or scent or colour, I remember loving you, but, I can no longer feel it. I feel only the energy of the dark side, not what fuels it. A small sacrifice for the gift I have been bestowed. The Emperor is good.”

Pierce could only stare, frozen in place. It was as if everything he had loved about her had been drained away. “You can’t feel this?” He kissed her again, passionately, willing her back into his arms. She didn’t return.

“No. I realize you are a man, with appetites, if it would please you, I can still make my body available to you, or if you like, you may buy yourself a slave, it doesn’t matter…I do however still require your loyalty. Can I still count on you Pierce?” Ardyth replied to his kiss, she did miss his scent, she had to admit to herself.

Pierce tried to keep the horror from his face, use her body, how could he take pleasure from an empty husk, and yet, he loved her, the idea of a slave repulsed him. “My Lord, you can always count on me.”

She nodded to him, and left him standing in the dark room alone. Pierce eventually followed her to their bedroom, numb.

Drummond Kaas

Pierce tried to keep the horror from his face, use her body, how could he take pleasure from an empty husk, and yet, he loved her, the idea of a slave repulsed him. “My Lord, you can always count on me.”

This is so very Pierce. <3

By the way, for those who don't feel sufficiently awful for Pierce right now, recall how they got together on Dromund Kaas (in what remains one of my favorite scenes from Force of Wills).

:(

Don't get me wrong, he's still an individual who thrives on murder with a side of cruelty, but... :(

I love my Imperial characters because they are results of their upbringing and it just makes them so complex. Imperial culture just perverts everything like values and morals, but sometimes goodness and humanity still shines through making them sympathetic monsters. I love Pierce, I've loved every version of him that I've read in these forums so far.

Part of me wants to apologize for the emotional roller coaster, I really am trying to add some chapters with a bit more levity in them, in between the real gut wrenching stuff. The other part of me is thrilled you care so much for my characters!

I will give this warning though, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank you all so much for reading, and commenting! It really does mean a lot to me! xo

Fury class starship

“Get her back!” Lord Kaervrek bellowed over the holo, “She hold the secrets, get her back!” The call clicked to an end. Rateah rubbed the bridge of her nose, the Watchers had managed to reconstruct the wiped information from the late Agent Temple’s console, but the intel was now weeks old. Her patience was running thin, and Teah desperately wanted to maim something.

Marek’s trail at least was still warm, through bribery and lightning they had managed to get the freighters ID number Oriah had boarded, and they were currently tracking it. It being a known smugglers ship, the ID would only be good for so long before it was switched to something else, time was short. She wandered into the med bay, where Marek was staring at Malavai Quinn’s body.

“Tell me again why we brought this corpse with us?” Marek had been taken by a moment of sentimentality at the sight of his dead father.

“He’s my father.” Marek answered.

“I thought you hated him, shoot him out the airlock and be done with it.” His melancholy mood was grating.

“No, he’s going back to Drummond Kaas, to the Quinn family plot.” He almost affectionately flattened his father’s hair.

“We’re not going to Drummond Kaas, we are following your sister until I get more Intel on Shiloh Chint’aro’s location. So either dispose of this refuse, or I will.” Rateah scolded him like a little boy, he was nearly twenty two years old, the heir to a powerful Sith, and he was acting like a child.

His hand struck her face sending her reeling, she tasted blood in her mouth, and finally she sensed anger and rage from her companion instead of morose melancholy. She smiled wickedly at him, blood staining her normally white teeth.

“He was taken from me, from my mother, he died without our leave, you said yourself he was killed out of mercy, MERCY! He was mine to kill! He was my mother’s to torture…He was my father!” Marek screamed at the fool alien at his feet, who only started laughing at him. His emotions were a mess, he felt, anger and regret. His father would always be there and now he wasn’t, he felt something in his world shift at the thought of Malavai Quinn being dead, and it upset him. He didn’t know how to explain it to her, especially when he himself didn’t know what he was feeling. He did want her to stop talking.

“You’re angry because he died before you got a chance to kill him? Marek, do you hear yourself? It’s absured.” Marek hit her again, and then lifted her by the neck, she continued to laugh in his face, infuriating him.

Suddenly he remembered all the coy flirts, condescending jabs, he squeezed harder until the laughter stopped. She made him feel weak, stupid, and young. He was tired of longing for her, he was tired of being toyed with, of being teased by her, he was her better, and she would obey him. He held her against the wall, her milk white skin slowly going red, he could see the blood vessels in her pale grey eyes start to break, staining them. She didn’t struggle against him, he could break her neck or choke the life from her, but she still didn’t fear him. Her bulging eye continued to challenge, daring him to kill her, knowing he wouldn’t, and he hated that she was right, about everything. He released her, and she at least had the decency to crumple on the floor coughing, and gasping for breath. He looked back at his father’s body, felt a pang of guilt, or love, or something.

“I’ll dispose of the body.” He looked down at the object of his obsession, and offered her a hand. She batted it away, and he had to suppress the urge to hurt her again. He wanted her, he wanted to possess her, but he wanted her to want him to. “I’m sorry Rateah, I didn’t mean to…”

“Yes you did, don’t lie.” Her normally musical voice made hoarse and rough. She looked up at him, her eyes bloodshot, her pale face bruised. Marek wanted to take it back, undo the hurt, make her beautiful again, if only she would obey him, love him.

“You’re grandfather freed me, I am not his, nor am I yours.” She coughed out, sensing his thoughts.

“Why? Why did you go back to him?” It had been a question Marek had asked himself for years after she returned from Korriban, a Sith.

Rateah wiped her nose, still sitting on the floor. Marek sat down in front of her, Quinns body presided.

“Do you recall the displays of early ancient Sith weaponry at the Acadamy, the steel swords?” She asked, her throat still burning with pain. Marek nodded.

“The ancient smiths, would heat and fold the metal until they took on the shape of the weapon. Later they used what was called a whet stone to sharpen them, to keep them from becoming dull. Lord Kaervrek, shaped me, in some cases heated and burned me quite literally, until I took on the shape of the weapon he wanted me to become. When he freed me he sharpened me. When I returned from the Acadamy, I wished to be sharp again, his power is intoxicating, he gave me purpose, and” Rateah gave Marek a significant look, “He never treated me as a slave again. He was my whet stone, how could I not return to him?”

“Even now?” Marek inquired, curious.

“No, his age is diminishing him, he is not the man or Sith he once was. You have the power and cunning to take his place, if you would look past your own nose to claim it. You are not a sycophant, you are an Eldrazzi, stop resting on your laurels expecting his power and kingdom to be laid at your feet. Build your own power structures, lay your own plans, show your ambition and your strength, earn the respect and fear of your betters and the Council, then claim your birthright.” Teah fell into a coughing fit. Marek quickly grabbed some kolto and a glass of water, tentatively offering both to Teah. She took them gratefully.

Marek considered her words, “You really think that?” he thought to himself, he could become her whet stone, as she called it.

“Yes I do.” She got up to her feet. Marek mirrored her, then very gently started reaching for her face with his hand, she could taste his desire it was so strong. She grabbed him by the wrist, electrifying her hand. He tried to withdraw, and winced from the shockwaves she gave him. “Do not touch me, you haven’t earned the right.” She intensified the pain for a brief flash, and then released him.

“When you’ve disposed of the body come to the bridge, we have work to do.” She ordered him. Rateah felt his eyes on her as she left, felt the frustration, the obsession, he was getting dangerous. She felt her skin crawl.

Edited by Earthmama

I love my Imperial characters because they are results of their upbringing and it just makes them so complex. Imperial culture just perverts everything like values and morals, but sometimes goodness and humanity still shines through making them sympathetic monsters. I love Pierce, I've loved every version of him that I've read in these forums so far.

Been too lazy to actually reply to this, but...yes. Well said. Many Imperial characters are fascinating, all the more so when you stop and think about what you just caught yourself cheering for. But, but there's goodness and loyalty and genuine kindness running through all the awfulness!

Defender class Starship/Voss Orbit

They had been in orbit around Voss for the last three days, Republic diplomats trying to get Kianna clearance to come to the surface. Thanks to the Jedi council and their unwillingness to even open up discussions with Voss mystics, they in turn were understandably weary of letting a Jedi onto their planet. Kianna cursed the council under her breath for their rigidity, and lack of compromise.

It was early morning and Kianna was the first one up, per usual. She set the water to boil and rummaged for her favorite tea pot, the one that didn’t drip, through her travels she had collected a great many tea pots in search for the elusive drip free variety. Why was it so hard to make a tea pot that didn’t drip? It was another one of life’s great mysteries. She pulled out the delicate china pot, hand painted with wispy purple delphiniums and pink peonies, she pulled out the matching cup and saucer, because why not? She grabbed a second mug, and set it all on a tray.

Sargent Rusk was the second to enter the galley, per usual. They moved about the galley in practiced movement learned from spending months together. Kianna, moved to the pantry and started pulling out her crews favored breakfast foods, Rusk got to work brewing coffee, and dropped a tea bag in the pot. The kettle sang and Kianna would pour the water in the pot, handing plain buttered toast to Rusk who moved to sit down with his data pad and large cup of strong black Mantellian brew. This morning was different, Kianna poured the tea in the pot, she set honey, sugar, cream and milk on the tray, she even set some lemon wedges. She then grabbed some muffins, toast, and an assortment of fruit and brought it all down to the cargo bay.

“What’s this?” Scourge looked up from where he was sitting reclined on his palette with a book in his hands. Not a data pad but actual leather bound book. He set the pencil down and snapped it shut when Kianna entered the room.

“Breakfast! I didn’t know if you liked coffee, I was always led to believe the hot breakfast beverage of choice for Imperials and Sith was tea, I can grab you some coffee if you like?” Kianna realized she was babbling.

The room was no longer the pitch black it had once been, there was a series of lamps casting soft light throughout the hold, enough to see everything clearly, but not as stark and bright as the florescent ceiling light. Scourge was in loose linen clothing the Jedi had provided, the quiet beige complimenting his deep red skin tone.

“I did drink tea, you are correct in that assumption.” He looked at her then at the over flowing tray of food. He reached up and set it down on the small table, he and Kianna sat opposite each other. It took more will power then he thought to resist reaching out with the force towards her, to touch her energy which was always a breath of fresh air to him.

“How to you take it?” She poured the aromatic hot liquid in a large mug. Scourge stared at it for a long time searching his memories. He had poured and prepared his own tea on countless occasions prior to the change, yet now, he could not recall. “It’s ok.” Her voice was gentle when she sensed his growing frustration.

Instead she poured her own tea, with a drop of honey and a hint of milk. His red eyes followed her hands, and recognition erased the frustration, he chose a small scoop of raw brown sugar and cream. He tasted it, and grimaced. Kianna offered him her cup to try, he accepted it, his large hands infinitely careful with the fine bone china, he tasted it. He did not grimace.

“Still too sweet.” He handed her back her cup. He grabbed the large mug with his first attempt and poured it out at the fresher. He tried a different combination.

They drank and ate in silence, Kianna offering him selections from the variety of food, he finished his tea, strong and black.

“I’ll admit, this is preferable to ration packs.” He conceded to the point Kianna was making.

“You told me once that pleasure was a powerful motivator. That simple pleasures such as favorite foods were worth anything to you, I’m surprised you’ve been denying yourself, now that the barrier preventing you has been lifted.” Kianna wondered aloud.

Scourge considered her question, he looked at her red eyes, faintly glowing, the sapphires dotting her sky blue face, her ebony hair shining in the light, he drank her in, seeing her as she should be, not dulled, and muted. There was currently only one pleasure that was consuming him, and she had made it clear that he could not indulge in it. Yet.

“Old habits.” He said absently, turning away from her.

“What were you reading?” She asked as she stood up reaching for the leather bound book on his end table. She sensed his desire surge, and thought it best to change subject.

“Don’t” He reached out and grabbed her wrist, warning in his voice.

“Scourge what is it?”

“It’s nothing” he pulled her away, towards him. She collided softly.

“Somehow I doubt that.” She looked at his hand on her wrist, tightening, he released her, whatever was in that book was giving him a strong reaction, she could sense his control wavering. “But I’ll leave you with your secrets, if it’s that important to you.”

“Yes. It is.” Scourge felt exposed, he wanted his armor, he wanted the book to disappear and erase the vulnerability he was experiencing. He inhaled deeply and he breathed in her perfume, faint and subtle though it may be, it was intoxicating, he reached out with the force, touched her energy, it calmed him.

“All right.” She murmured, distinctly aware of their closeness. He smelled of morning musk, and clean clothes, he was radiating power and strength, and always a faint undercurrent of desire. She felt him reach to her, out of need or want, she allowed the action and withdrew when she felt him calm. He stepped away from her then.

“Sir, we just got our Voss airspace confirmation, shall I take us in?” Rusk was standing at the door way staring straight ahead.

“Please do Sargent.” Kianna answered.

After she had gone Scourge dressed in his armor, before he left to meet the Jedi and the rest of the crew he stopped and flipped his sketch book open, he studied the familiar face staring back at him, soft smile, the expression in her eyes haunted him, he ripped the page out. Scourge tossed the book into his personal lock box. Three hundred years’ worth of sketches of her, she was the one image that had haunted his mind’s eye and waking dreams, his one beacon of hope. Before meeting them in the holo room, he quietly slipped into her chambers, and placed the picture by her bedside table. Perhaps it was the location, but he sensed something distinctly malevolent, he also felt a powerful and familiar entity, he did not know if he would survive Voss.

Nal Hutta

Grand champion of the great hunt, Mandalorian, not only that but adopted by Mandalore himself, a record a mile long that was suddenly and inexplicably expunged, Avacynne Cadera, quite possibly the most formidable Bouty Hunter of a generation. Mitka did not expect the small Miralukan who stood in front of her. Her experience with Madalorians had been what her aunt Akaavi had taught her, and the hunting parties she had met while growing up, small had not been a word she had ever associated with the people of the warrior culture.

Aric had told her no guns, so M1-4X stayed with the ship, the rest of the crew however, were all wearing concealed vibroblades. Mitka herself had a blade in each boot, she was no fool, Vic had managed to conceal a handful of grenades. She strode across the floor of the abandoned spice factory, the sound of heavy armored boots echoing throughout the cavernous room. Mitka saw Aric, and she fought to keep her pace even, not to speed up or run towards him. It was bad enough that he was in his armor, leaning with his arms crossed, watching her with those eyes, hint of a smile on his lips, she kept her eyes straight ahead, on the bounty hunter who had started this mess to begin with. Her hands clenched into fists then relaxed again as she controlled the urge to lunge at the petite blonde who had dared to kidnap her Aric. When she stopped, the rest of Havoc smartly fell in behind her, standing at ease, ready to act if necessary.

“Captain Jorgan.” She kept her eyes on the hunter, she hated not being able to look her in the eye, bloody Miraluka.

“Sir.”

“Fall in.” With that she reclaimed what was taken, Jorgan jogged over to his squad. “Alright hunter, I’m here, start talking.”

Ava flipped on a holo image of a Sith Pureblood in long and armored robes, twin light sabers, and a face that sent chills down Mitka’s spine.

“This is Lord Ardyth Eldrazzi, the Emperor’s Wrath, and the person who hired me to hunt you. I think you two might be related.” Ava was the only person to have met both mother and daughter in person, the two had the same angry glower, and intense yellow eyes. Both were incredibly dangerous and gave off an air of pure power, the source of that power was entirely different for each woman. Ava’s grasp of the force was tenuous at best, used almost exclusively for sight, yet she managed to reach out what she called feelers, it confirmed what she had been told, Mitka was in fact force blind.

Mitka ignored the commentary, “What’s the plan you had in mind?”

“Lord Eldrazzi is expecting me to deliver you on ice to her estate on Drummond Kaas, I have the location of the estate, a ship with Imp tags.” Ava was explaining.

“You’re asking me to trust you a lot more than I do at this point. Considering you snatched my XO and disabled my favorite war droid, I’m not overly inclined to agree to giving you full control of me and my squad. Stop wasting my time, give me something I can use or I walk.” Mitka was ready to walk away, and was starting to think about hauling her *** in considering the dozen or so warrants out.

“Your squad will be coming in on your ship. I have it on good authority that Republic command is planning a major offensive on Drummond Kaas.” Ava finished, with a triumphant smirk.

“That’s insane.” Mitka shot back.

“Not according to this transmission.” A small black haired human interjected, “according to reports there is a major joint venture between the Jedi council and the Republic military, the actual target is being kept a secret, but it looks like an entire fleet is being committed to the operation. At this point there is a 83% probability that the planet the target will be on is Drummond Kaas.”

“Thanks Mako, I figure we fly in during the chaos, at different landing sites, and take out the Wrath. She’s Sith, and a powerful one, but between my crew and your squad, we can take her.” Ava was pleased to see Mitka’s skepticism evaporate when Mako sent them copies of the transmissions.

“Yuun, can you confirm that intel?” Mitka could hardly believe what she was reading.

“It is authentic.” Her Gand slicer assured her a moment later.

“I won’t move Havoc unless we have a 95% confirmation that Drummond Kaas is the target planet. If we can get that, Havoc is in.” Mitka declared.

“That’s fine Major, my crew and I don’t move unless we get a 10% deposit, I will do this job with you, for your Republic for no less than five million creds.” Ava declared shrewdly.

There was the catch, but with a target whose title is the Emperor’s Wrath, surely Garza would approve payment. Elara chose that moment to be helpful.

“Sir, the Republic Military, in accordance with the senate ruling on bill 523 in the year 3 ATC, is legally forbidden from engaging and hiring mercenaries.”Dorne rang off the information.

“That’s where you’re wrong sugar!” A third voice emerged from the far corner of the room.

“Mom?” Mitka stared as her mother, flanked by her father and Akaavi Spar, made their way to where she and Avacynne were standing.

Srecw if Ardyth think she can't die (Casue all know empower could be lie for we know) she so **** now causued she has two most powerful people afther her and Ainsley and other going along kick her ***.:cool:

Ardyth still hate her. I don't why Pierce still care for her afther she change to not have any love left (if she any).:rolleyes:

What about Mark why did he feel sad about his dad death.:confused:

Tech man sith turn her into a moster.:mad:

But good story.:)

Edited by greyjedibp

Nal Hutta

Ainsley had not expected to see her daughter, they had tracked the bounty hunter and her crew to the abandoned factory. The three laid in wait and listened in on the conversation, finally Corso tapped her, and pointed at the Jawa who was trying to look tough, but only managed to look ridiculously cute. It was time to make their move, she always did like making an entrance.

“Hey Sweetheart.” Corso answered Mitka’s surprise. He was bursting with pride, he had never actually seen her in full armored uniform, and she had a scary intense and professional air about her. For a split second that all disappeared when she saw her parents, and she was their fiery little girl again.

“Daddy?” Mitka’s heart jumped when she saw her father, then she felt her cheeks burning.

“Daddy, eh?” Vik rumbled behind her. She was not going to live this down.

“Stow it Vik” Jorgan called out, though she knew enough about Aric that he would be teasing her as well later.

“You brought your parents to this deal Major? That’s not what we agreed to.” Avacynne reached behind to her concealed blaster. Ainsley had her twin barrels out before she could reach them.

“That’s a bad idea hunter, and no, Major Riggs did not know we were here. My business is with one of your crew, but if you play it right I think I might like to hire you for that little job you were just discussing.” Ainsley noted how the bounty hunters crew all turned towards the Devaronian.

“Gault, what did you do?” Ava sighed, hands on hips.

“Hey, why does everyone always assume it’s me?” Gault lifted his hands in the air.

“Blizz?” Ainsley knelt down to the Jawa’s level, “Slam gave you something, a data cube to keep safe for a friend. I’m that friend, and I need you to give it to me.”

“Blizz don’t know you, how does Blizz know robot lady not lying?” The Jawa chittered nervously.

Ainsley pulled out an old beaten spanner, and handed it to the Jawa. Blizz took it and turned it over in his small deft fingers, he popped open a hidden compartment, much to Ainsleys surprise, and a chip fell out. He then turned the chip over in his fingers, the cube appeared from out of his robes and he slipped the chip in, a holo image appeared of a friendly old man, Slam.

“Hey Blizz, glad you got off Hoth, this is my friend Captain Ainsley Isiz, she’s looking for that data cube we found in that old Republic ship, she’s a friend Blizz, you did a good thing keeping it safe, but it belongs to the Captain and the people she works for. I’m off Hoth now, here’s my new holo frequency, give me a call next time you’re on Nar Shaddaa, and we’ll catch up.”

The recorded image disappeared, and Blizz looked back at Ainsley. He then gingerly dropped the cube in her hands.

“Much obliged Blizz.” She stood up handing the cube to Akaavi.

“Wait, Blizz how do you know it’s not a plant?” Ava asked not liking the situation at all, least of all the fact that Blizz gave something away, that obviously had value.

“It’s ok Boss, this Slam’s special spanner, Blizz added the secret hole, for secret messages. Only Blizz and Slam know.” Blizz said proudly.

Ava looked from the Jawa back at the interlopers, her mouth set in a hard line.

“Now then!” Ainsley spoke loudly her voice echoing off the walls. “About offing that Sith! You could try haggling with the Republic, I myself am still an officially sanctioned privateer, but the pay is lousy and they tax you on top of that. Right Mit?”

“Pays the bills, but it’s nothing to write home about, what are you getting at mom?” Mitka was mystified, she knew her mother was involved in shady dealings, she just never knew what.

“I work for an organization who would be very interested in taking out the Emperor’s Wrath, and they would be willing to pay your asking price. Same plan you just laid out, working with my girl and her squad. Difference is you would be working for me, and Mitka here would be working for the Republic. She does her duty, you make a nice tidy profit, and the Galaxy is down one more powerful and dangerous Sith. Everyone goes home happy, except the Sith.”

“I don’t deal with middle men, I want to talk to your boss.” Ava asked, although she liked the idea of not dealing directly with the Republic military. The Cyborg Captain gave her a wide smile.

“Of course.” She tapped at her data pad, then handed it to Ava, “Coordinates, I’ll let them know to expect you.” Ainsley extended her hand to Avacynne, who shook it.

“I look forward to doing business with you….”

“Call me Ava, and likewise. Now let’s get off this mudball, I don’t know about the rest of you but getting Hutta stank off armor is a pain.” She indicated to her crew to move out, when she passed by Mitka she extended her hand again. Mitka looked at it, then shook it. “No hard feelings Major, looking forward to seeing what you can do.”

“Cross me again and I will kill you.” Mitka growled through a forced smile.

Mitka and the rest of Havoc watched them go, she then gave the order for them to head back to the ship. “Jorgan with me.” Aric nodded to the rest and hung back with Mitka and her parents. Corso finally took the chance to give his daughter a bear hug, as did Akaavi, both beamed with pride, Akaavi doubly so when she counted the number of concealed vibroblades. Ainsley considered her daughter before pulling her into a hug.

“We need to talk kiddo.” She said softly.

“Ya think? First, things first, I don’t know when I’ll get another chance. Mom, dad, I want you to meet Aric Jorgan, XO of Havoc squad, and my fiancé.” Mitka’s mouth quirked up into a silly grin at calling him by that title. Ainsley, Corso and Akaavi were suddenly very interested in Aric, sizing him up, the jovial and openness that usually described Corso was replaced by a hard and protective look.

“Aric, these are my parents, Ainsley Isiz, Corso Riggs, and my aunt Akaavi Spar.” To his credit Aric didn’t back down, he extended his hand to Corso, with a respectful sir, that softened him up almost immediately. Within ten minutes Aric, Corso and Akaavi were debating the finer points of Blastec tech verses Czerka tech weaponry. Ainsley took her chance.

“What are your plans after Hutta Mit?” She mumurred voice low, although the trio trailing behind were paying them no mind.

“I have a debrief on Coruscant, then some leave. Was going to see about helping Cohen with his little problem, but I have a feeling that’s no longer an issue. Also seems I need to wait to see about this new op that I’ve just agreed to.” She eyes her mother sidelong, not sure what to make of her anymore.

“You always were a smart girl Mit. Do you trust him?” She nudged her head back towards Aric.

“Wouldn’t have agreed to marry him if I didn’t.” It was an odd question, but she got the meaning. Could Aric be trusted with sensitive info that might not hold up to Republic law. Considering his absolute disdain for Republic command, the SIS and the bloated senate, he was known to turn a blind eye in favor of doing the right thing.

“Fair enough, when you’re done on Coruscant, come meet me and the rest of the family at these coordinates, bring your man, and don’t take an official military ship. Your brothers and Oriah will be there.” Ainsley tapped her datapad and sent the info to Mitka’s private mail address. “Oh and sweetheart, congratulations!” She gave Mitka another big hug. They parted ways at the Jiguuna space port.

Mitka and Aric finally found themselves alone together, Aric wasted no time and pulled her into a long passionate kiss. It had been way too long.

“Let’s get out of here.” He growled hotly in her ear, she just nodded and let him guide her back to the ship. Her mind was swimming with everything that had just happened, filled with questions. It would all have to wait, for now she just wanted to jump into a hot shower with her husband to be.

Heavy chapter 2 and 3 agent spoilers. Also kinda short, but then again, it didn't need to be long.

The Star Chamber Space Station / Unknown Region of Space

Eckard Lokin stood in the lab he had claimed as his own, he very carefully pulled out the vial with the nearly century old frozen embryo. Under the microscope he carefully extracted genetic materials and deposited it into a new petri dish, he then safely returned the original embryo back into its icy holdings. He had to be sure it would work before applying his theory on the original.

He deposited an accelerant to the genetic materials, and with time the genetics turned into an exact clone of the original frozen embryo, he smiled when it naturally split, creating a second, then split again creating quads. He added a solution to the dish halting the process, then pulled up the research he had stolen from Sith Intelligence. Two files came up, the first outlining the eugenics program for the Watchers. The second he had to be very careful with, he had stolen it over twenty years ago, kept it safe, kept it secret from his would be Chiss daughter. He had to adjust the parameters, but if it worked he would be able to create a generation of Hunters that would have the castellan restraints ingrained into them on a genetic level, passed down to subsequent generations. Shiloh would not approve, but she was soft, in order for the Star Cabal to survive soft wouldn’t cut it. He had seen firsthand the effectiveness of the restraints, how it could be used. Shiloh let it become personal, got emotionally involved not seeing the potential of the program.

Having seen the independence and resistance Ainsley had displayed worried him, Hunters were tools and weapons, agents to be used by the Star Cabal. His daughter had entirely too much autonomy, thankfully she was the last of that particular generation. The new Star Cabal will have genetically engineered, loyal and deadly agents at its disposal to dispatch their enemies. He extracted one of the embryo’s and placed it under the microscope, with deft precision he began manipulating it, adding and removing genes while following the eugenics protocol. Finally when the embryo was at acceptable levels, he added a drop of the castellan restrain solution. He covered the petri dish, now to wait and see if the embryo survives. He felt almost giddy with excitement, this would be his legacy. This would be his gift, these girls he was creating would be her children, her tools, and her weapons.

Scorpio strode in and Lokin greeted her with a smile.

“It is done Doctor?” She asked in her deep feminine voice.

“It is Scorpio, it’s only the beginning, I shall have to monitor the embryo’s progress, I don’t expect this one to survive, but that’s science. Exciting isn’t it?” He spoke excitedly, he hadn’t been this pleased with a project since his Rackgoul experimentation.

“I admit, the idea of a restraining bolt for sentients is a compelling thought, I wish I had been present to observe Cipher 9 under its influence. How will you subvert her stance on the subject?”

“She won’t know. All she will know is that she has a new crop of Hunters. I’ve adjusted the restraints to not need a control word, they will respond on voice alone. Shiloh’s voice.” Lokin declared proudly.

“Fascinating. I shall leave you to your work doctor.” Scorpio left the lab, and the beaming Dr. Lokin behind her. This was an interesting development indeed.