Go Back to the Old Ways Devs

Yeldah_

Your matchmaking system does not work. Gearing system is unpopular with most of these fools. Put it back the way it was damn it. I'm talking pvp commendations to buy "pvp" gear. Get that expertise back in. Get rid of this matchmaking system. Go back to faction versus faction. The pvpers don't want to kill bugs on Ossus to get their gear. Pve players don't want to do warzones so they can do operations.

Go back to the way it was ffs.

I have been the biggest advocate of this but I have since changed by mind with the recent info.

I would rather swtor pvp was max bolster than any other system. and as of right now its the most likely 6.0 system for pvp gear.

my reasons are simple: pvers hated expertise due to misinformation on it leading to people believing it was a gear advantage. which bring the second reason: expertise is not a gear advantage, it is a standin for gearless (max bolster) pvp. expertise did not increase your damage or increase your damage reduction, it simply was a gear set that only worked in pvp was easy to earn and could counter pve operation gear.

max bolster will achieve the same thing. have operation gear? no one cares, because I have entry 75 gear and Im as strong as you.

Edited by Seterade

I have been the biggest advocate of this but I have since changed by mind with the recent info.

I would rather swtor pvp was max bolster than any other system. and as of right now its the most likely 6.0 system for pvp gear.

my reasons are simple: pvers hated expertise due to misinformation on it leading to people believing it was a gear advantage. which bring the second reason: expertise is not a gear advantage, it is a standin for gearless (max bolster) pvp. expertise did not increase your damage or increase your damage reduction, it simply was a gear set that only worked in pvp was easy to earn and could counter pve operation gear.

max bolster will achieve the same thing. have operation gear? no one cares, because I have entry 75 gear and Im as strong as you.

I was also a proponent of bringing back the old system, but I have to agree with this “if” Bioware implements the Max Bolster properly and doesn’t leave gap for “some” to still get a small advantage.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yes to PVP coms, Yes to PVP gear, Yes to PVE players not having to do PVP, but the only thing I do not know how they would be able to fix matchmaking and also the elo system.

Also, No to going back to rep vs imp because that would again screw up ranked.

I prefer balance over everything in PvP. Absolutely do not go back to faction v. faction. I'd also prefer not to grind another set of gear again and would prefer people won or lost based on skill rather than gear. If max gear level is 300, then just bolster everyone to 400 for instanced PvP. Let the gear grind remain for PvE where it belongs.

I'm beginning to suspect that with all the Tac items and set bonuses, pvp will be set to max bolster, and the only thing we'll be grinding for pvp is are the set bonuses and such. I wonder if they will change bolster to increase armor rating. It's currently ignored by bolster, which in turn makes a player more squishy.

F expertise.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I'm beginning to suspect that with all the Tac items and set bonuses, pvp will be set to max bolster, and the only thing we'll be grinding for pvp is are the set bonuses and such. I wonder if they will change bolster to increase armor rating. It's currently ignored by bolster, which in turn makes a player more squishy.

F expertise.

this is actually a myth that I personaly disproved just before 5.10

me and szopen (? I think was his name) grabbed our sins and put this myth to rest.

so basically szopen was in a full min maxed assassin gear set. I had 2 sets, a full min maxed 248 with 240 augs and I had a 230 un auged set.

szopen used discharge on me 2 times in both sets .he did approxmiately 18k dmg all 4 discharges.

in summary: armor rating does not increase your damage reduction, it is only there so you as a player can identify its value. the only thing that changes with armor rating is generaly the higher it is the more stats it has, therefore more damage.

I wouldn't really say it's a myth if it shows a difference on the character sheet (as it does per Kendra's testing). If anything, it's a bug that it doesn't show the actual armor rating after bolster if all the stats show difference. As an example, when I play ruffian scoundrel, if I have ~31% DR. After 2-stack probes it's ~37%. With probes, plus defense screen collapse buff, I have ~52% DR. This DR is a sum of armor rating + other DR. It's also broken down between elemental/internal and kinetic.

(this is all off of potentially faulty memory... i'm not currently looking at a character sheet. So i apologize if any info is inaccurate)

That said, doesn't armor only protect against white damage? i.e. discharge is elemental/energy. Did you try saber attack?

PS - not trying to challenge you - i'm just a skeptic at heart.

PPS - I was getting elemental confused with energy. Energy is grouped with kinetic damage, not elemental/internal.

as we didnt use white damage for the test I cant clarify. but if you like I would be more than happy to test it on SF if you want to set up a date. I'll bring a 230 gear, and my 252 sin and we can test white dmg vs armor rating.

I will say it doesnt make sense to me that yellow damage would be based on some hidden (?) DR. assuming you are correct and white DR is different from yellow DR, are you supposing that if you had 0 DR you would take the same yellow as if you had 50%? this would be a very easy thing to test. after cover screen collapse do you take less damage from yellow?

Edited by Seterade

F expertise.

inb4 they gate tac items and set bonuses behind PvE content :rolleyes:

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

inb4 they gate tac items and set bonuses behind PvE content :rolleyes:

Well i am sure there will be some bugs and exploits at launch and people will miss use stuff in ranked, like with the DvL armor etc. If its limited only for PVE, that doesnt guarantee that it wont get to PVP :)

as we didnt use white damage for the test I cant clarify. but if you like I would be more than happy to test it on SF if you want to set up a date. I'll bring a 230 gear, and my 252 sin and we can test white dmg vs armor rating.

I will say it doesnt make sense to me that yellow damage would be based on some hidden (?) DR. assuming you are correct and white DR is different from yellow DR, are you supposing that if you had 0 DR you would take the same yellow as if you had 50%? this would be a very easy thing to test. after cover screen collapse do you take less damage from yellow?

I should be online tonight.

Your matchmaking system does not work. Gearing system is unpopular with most of these fools. Put it back the way it was damn it. I'm talking pvp commendations to buy "pvp" gear. Get that expertise back in. Get rid of this matchmaking system. Go back to faction versus faction. The pvpers don't want to kill bugs on Ossus to get their gear. Pve players don't want to do warzones so they can do operations.

Go back to the way it was ffs.

Sorry to do what you asked you need real game developers and sadly there is none in this game. Even after many years of mmo development experience they leand nothing and they will learn nothing in future too. Problem with them they just go with easiest way which meant worst idea they can have. They will never listen they will never learn.

I can be online 8:30 pm PST

gravìtâs sith assassin

if this doesnt work for you dont hesitate to dm me on the forums. I would have but I wasnt sure if you use/check your dms on forums

Edited by Seterade

well. you werent. 2 afk messages later, and Ive wasted half an hour of my life and tried to accommodate for you.

at least it happened with something I dont care about over something that matters. silver lining.

Edited by Seterade