So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?

CadaKai

Dont think so, bioware developers dont know how to do it,i mean lets face it,if they did we wouls have this option now.....

They managed to make the hoods disappear when the robes are worn by Twi'leks. I'm sure they can figure out how to make that into a toggle. It's just a matter of time and with F2P coming up I'm sure it's something they are working on.

I think the main thing holding it up is, this time they want to do it right.

With the Twi'leks, it just removes the hood altogether. But what they want is for the hood to appear in the down position. In order to do that they need to do new artwork for any robe that would use this feature and that's a lot of work.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that 1 is a light armor if I remeber correctly, just need 1 heavy for my Knight.

That one is Light armor. For a Sentinel you could use the Aspiring Knights armor, but as a Guardian you're out of luck. Unless you want to wear Trooper armor you get a hood with nearly every option you have.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!

Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!

Great to get some sort of an answer on this. It still looks like it is a long way ahead. Why wouldn't it be possible to get at least one hood down set in the short future?

Why is this set available in character creation/character selection screen but is nowhere to be found in the game? ;/

http://postimage.org/image/5fia16lmx/

I don't quite understand the problem. When we're talking about "hood down", I though we just mean letting the hood "disappear", not actually showing a hood hanging down. The same as the hood disappears when you wear a headpiece that is incompatible with hoods or when you're twi'lek. I don't see what kind of artwork there could possibly be in the pipeline.

If that means that a "hood down" feature actually displays a hood hanging down on the back, that makes me wonder about a few things:

• Will there be hood hanging down in the cases where it simply isn't displayed at the moment?
  • Will there be a "hood up" feature for Twi'lek characters that lets the lekku (headtails) hang out in front, similar to the way it was done with Ahsoka in The Clone Wars whenever she was wearing a hooded robe?

Actually bringing "artwork" into this sounds unnecessarily complicated to me, just make it disappear, problem solved, in the exact way it already can disappear if you put on a headpiece that's marked being incompatible with hoods. Save fancier stuff for next year.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Actually bringing "artwork" into this sounds unnecessarily complicated to me, just make it disappear, problem solved, in the exact way it already can disappear if you put on a headpiece that's marked being incompatible with hoods. Save fancier stuff for next year.

We've pointed this out before, MANY MANY months ago. I dont get it either... maybe they dont understand?

Having the hood actually appear down on the back of the character would be great, just gravy. But I'd have to say 90% of the people wanting this option would be happy just to see their character's head, and the option to remove the hood completely ALREADY EXISTS in the code. Why the frell do you see people asking for "What tiara headpiece makes the hood disappear" posts in these threads? Unless you are making the world's fanciest UI button, there is no artwork, none, zero, zip, nada, needed to implement this NOW, and leave the fancy shmancy artwork option for later.

Edited by Polebreaker

Check out my compilation thread to find out that there is a lot of art done with robes that have hoods hanging down. There is also a picture of the character creation armor for the Jedi Knight...

Check this out, too. It is two existing chest pieces.

http://postimage.org/image/y35qf4vtj/

http://postimage.org/image/6dzu9jwit/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

We've pointed this out before, MANY MANY months ago. I dont get it either... maybe they dont understand?

Having the hood actually appear down on the back of the character would be great, just gravy. But I'd have to say 90% of the people wanting this option would be happy just to see their character's head, and the option to remove the hood completely ALREADY EXISTS in the code. Why the frell do you see people asking for "What tiara headpiece makes the hood disappear" posts in these threads? Unless you are making the world's fanciest UI button, there is no artwork, none, zero, zip, nada, needed to implement this NOW, and leave the fancy shmancy artwork option for later.

Exactly.

And about the hood up: in many sets have hoods that clearly just added to the model without any real modification. The light armor campaign set comes int my mind immediately becouse my main uses that. It's hood is just irreal with the half-shouldered robe, looks like a funny cap.

I can understand the wish to have a real solution with down and up model versions and lekku( and hopefully other head stuff later) solution, but in the meantime, the existing solution could be used, a lot of people would be happy, and they can work on the perfectionist solution peacefully.

Thank you Matt!!!

Is the hood toggle going to be compatible with every mask? Right now there's only a few masks that work with a hood (The Marauder/Juggernaut BM helmet for example).

Then can we get actual star wars music in the game instead of this weird Muzak that hardly ever plays??

Thanks for letting us know it's still being worked on, now I just gotta remember patience is a virtue.

Thank you, plis get it out as fast as you can.

Then can we get actual star wars music in the game instead of this weird Muzak that hardly ever plays??

A bit off topic but the "muzak" is actually recycled from KOTOR I and II...my husband knows one of the guys who arranged it.

Back on topic, would also like the hood off (disappearing okay) option for my Jedi Guardian...I made her pretty for Aw reason. ;)

Question...

Is the hood down when you wear/show a headpiece? Not like a leather skin tight one, but some kind of good solid headpiece. Does that not push down the hood and show the headpiece? Then If you hide headpiece it puts the hood back up? Is that the deal? Or if you're wearing a thin headpiece it puts the hood over it.

Without waiting for an answer.....if that's the case, then what art would need to be done at all? The art is there for hood down, because it had to be for head pieces. The art is there for hood up too. So........

Just wondering

I hated that my hood went over my BH headpiece so much I had to pay the money to move all my mods and such into Orange gear and go broke doing so. Thanks for that. You do know that most of us are POOR right!!!!!

I can't believe people are acting like this is [and ever was] an easy fix. Given that appearances for each class are hard-baked into each armor, a hood up/down toggle means that each hood up armor would need a button that creates a brand new piece of armor with all the same mods yet a different appearance. Bioware is not going to simply add a clip/unclip because that's a half-assed [not to mention ugly] solution that is already in the game, just wear certain headgear which is generally very easy to obtain.

Hood-removing headgear:

Light armor: Consular's Headgear. They are all over GTN

Medium Armor: There are several. All over GTN.

Heavy Armor: Sovereign Mind Headgear. A headband that removes your hood. Purchased with 12 Nar Shadaa commendations.

Use those until Bioware gets the non-half assed feature in.

Without waiting for an answer.....if that's the case, then what art would need to be done at all? The art is there for hood down, because it had to be for head pieces. The art is there for hood up too. So........

Just wondering

Fact: some hoods revert to the down position when a particualr piece of headgear is equiped.

Fact: some hoods DO NOT revert to the down position when a particular piece of headgear is equipped.

SO, there is clearly more that needs to be addressed on Biowares side of things then just putting in a hood up/down selector..... because many many instances of gear sets would be bugged all over the place and it would be the rant-de-jour in the fourms until every single one was fixed.

They have said adding the hood up/down feature is not trivial and requires a lot of additional work on their end. So, it goes somewhere into their work queue and fights with other things for priority of attention.

Hood-removing headgear:

Light armor: Consular's Headgear. They are all over GTN

Medium Armor: There are several. All over GTN.

Heavy Armor: Sovereign Mind Headgear. A headband that removes your hood. Purchased with 12 Nar Shadaa commendations.

Use those until Bioware gets the non-half assed feature in.

Exactly. Players have sufficient resources and abilities to address this with the above, unitl such time as Bioware figures what they need to do and actually commits sufficient resources to do it.

Fact: some hoods revert to the down position when a particualr piece of headgear is equiped.

This is NOT a fact, they DO NOT revert to down, they revert to HIDDEN instead, it's a whole lot different.

But as always, Andryah, you choose to understand what you want to understand, not what people are asking...

Exactly. Players have sufficient resources and abilities to address this with the above, unitl such time as Bioware figures what they need to do and actually commits sufficient resources to do it.

Except most those head-gear is hiding the head almost as much as a hood. If you want to show your hair, as many people would like then you can't... And then there are those that wouldn't mind hiding their hair but don't like the shape of the head-gear, even if a simple band...

Edited by Shoogli

I'd rather have the "half assed" solution than none at all.

I want to see my character's faces. Not cover it with a hood or a helm.

AN Invisible orange moddable helmet could fix this problem. (kinda)

We had something like that is SWG, basically the item showed up in your inventory and when you equpped it in a character slot it would show nothing and the slot would be full. You could go shirtless or gloveless like this.

Since this would still be an an actual slot filling item it would show with the cloak hood gone.

Then when you hit the "hide helmet" your cloak hood would be back up.

True that your back will not show a cloak down but it would beat the alternative.

Here is what they looked like http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Appearance_Tab_Vest_(invisible)

Edited by kirorx

This is NOT a fact, they DO NOT revert to down, they revert to HIDDEN instead, it's a whole lot different.

But as always, Andryah, you choose to understand what you want to understand, not what people are asking...

Incorrect. I have gear that has a hood up and a hood down graphic, and with the right headgear I get the hood down graphic. ;) But as I said, not all gear works, so they clearly have a lot of work to do before they put in a toggle feature.

And please stop with the ad hominem attacks.

Edited by Andryah

AN Invisible orange moddable helmet could fix this problem. (kinda)

For most hairstyles, the circlet style headpieces in the different armor classes pretty much do this. Yeah, on closeup you may see it partially up on the forehead, but you get full face exposure of features. Imperfect but quite workable until they get around to a real hood toggle feature.

Players do but of course they shouldn't need to as hood down models have been in since early access. It's just Biofail in there wisdom decided not to put them in game.

They must have thought we all wanted to look like galatic space monks :rolleyes:

Edited by EzoEo