Never Seen Star Wars Movies

MasterBabble

Ok so my new found girl friend, be jealous all yee who game (though I haven't played SWTOR for like a week, so not too jealous), has never seen any of the star wars movies. A sin I know. So now she will either join us or die! The dilemma is, what order should I introduce her to the movies. Best first, chronologically by story or by release, in order of quality?

Question: What order should you introduce the movies to some one who has never seen them?

New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

Don't show the prequels.

Well eventually, but only if she is really into them and you give her fair warning that only 30mins of each prequel will be good. Obi-wan's duel with maul, the actual wars part with clone wars, and the last 30 mins of Sith.

Ok but it was really cool, come on! the Maul duel i 3 FREAKING DIMENSIONS! EPIC!

it's not even really 3D... since it is only 2D images at slightly different distances.. the "third dimension" is hollow as nothing actually exists in it... it's more like 2.5D :p

Edited by Liquidacid

New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

Don't show the prequels.

Yeah but you have to remember she isn't a nerd and doesn't have a love for all thing star wars ingrained into her core. So I hesitate to begin with New Hope because of the ****** quality of the movie, I don't want to turn her off the series just because of the budget. Would enticing her with the flashy newer movies be a better long term plan for her over all descent into nerdom?

Start with the prequels. Girls dig Anakin and Natalie Portman. Plus the "romance" between them tends to hook girls more than the "I am your father" stuff. It all depends on what kind of girl she is really. You have said she is not a nerd, so starting with the OT will just turn her off to SW.

Start with Return of the Jedi. It's got fuzzy creatures, adventure and romance, plus a happy ending. She won't be surprised by any of the twists in earlier movies, but there's value in going back and watching things unfold that you already know a little about - it's what makes prequels so appealing. And if she doesn't like it, at least she'll know how it ends.

Question: What order should you introduce the movies to some one who has never seen them?

When It's just "anybody" It could go either way. If they're into Sci-Fi start with the originals, so the flashy effects aren't the only thing keeping them interested. If they're not into Sci-fi start with the prequels, If nothing else they'll appreciate the effects.

But for a girlfriend who's never seen them, and with Episode 1 In theaters In 3D... Do the math.

Seriously just take her to see Episode 1. If she likes it, awesome. If not, at least you enjoyed It, and you got a nice day out with the lady friend.

My sister asked this same question of me with regard to my 3 year old nephew. When he turns 6 or so we are going to show him the Star Wars movies, one at a time. BTW she is under strict orders not to allow him to see them without me. Anyway she asked the same thing, which one first?

I think this is a no-brainer. You watch them in RELEASE order, not "saga" order. All the important explanations take place in IV, not I. Without it one would be left not really knowing what the heck "The Force" is for 3 movies, because it's not explained anywhere except when Ben does it (and Yoda reinforces in ESB).

So, show her IV, V, VI. If she loves them and wants to watch the rest, then show her the prequels in I-II-III order.

Now mind you, once you've seen them all, I find it quite fun to change things up and do them in "saga order" starting with TPM. But I would never show them to someone in that order for the first time.

but star wars if the best why would I do that?.... oh ya I wont sex

wait wait... did you mean won't or want? .... cause if was the former then I have to ask why you care what your g/f thinks well about anything at all... or why you even have one in the first place for that matter... :confused: