I give up Bioware.

Reno_Tarshil

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2012-05-01_15_48_44_647809.jpg

I've looked all over the internet and used any kind of chest I can get my hands on, but to get this color scheme on this Helmet Design of Orange Quality, I have to use a Green Quality Chest item.

I give up. Is there no way for me to have the look I want without having to use a Green Quality Chest or is there some magical hidden chest I've yet to encounter?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2012-05-01_15_48_44_647809.jpg

I've looked all over the internet and used any kind of chest I can get my hands on, but to get this color scheme on this Helmet Design of Orange Quality, I have to use a Green Quality Chest item.

I give up. Is there no way for me to have the look I want without having to use a Green Quality Chest or is there some magical hidden chest I've yet to encounter?

There's got to be a system to change ur gear to match any piece not just chest..

I'd be happy with a Dye System It would help a bunch for the kinda customization.

I agree.

IMO, BioWare should work on outfit variety/customization as their next big improvement. I'm a level 43 Sentinel, and I've been wearing the same cloak for at least 20 levels. The other few orange Jedi robes I've seen look goofy, so I'm stuck with this brown robe (and brown everything else, by association) that I'll probably wear to level 50.

You could try Torhead.com, and see if any orange gear has the same model as the one you found.

Oh Finding the same Armor model isnt the issue. It's finding one with the right color scheme that provides the green and red helmet, which so far no Orange gear I've tried works.

I do like the option of making your color scheme match all over your outfit, but I would have liked the option to choose which of your armor pieces the scheme is based off of.

+1

That would be a great idea.

I do like the option of making your color scheme match all over your outfit, but I would have liked the option to choose which of your armor pieces the scheme is based off of.

I like this idea as well.

I'd like a Dye system where you are asked to pick 2 different colors one for the primary part of your armor and then a color for the trim and other parts.

Reno -

You are trying to get the helmet coloring that is in your avatar pic, yes?

I swear I have seen one - are you sure you have checked every commendation vendor, and every Heavy Armor vendor in the game? I assume you have scoured the GTN as well?

I might even have one, when I log in I'll take a look. An Orange one, that is.

Riôt

in my avatar I have that helmet only when its not unified its light grey with red trim. But as far as the helmet in my screenshot I cannot get that color scheme on any orange chest.

Oh, my reading fail, my bad.

Hmm, I'll still take a look.

Riôt

I do not understand why BW doesn't simply make every item available as an orange schem. If it's in game - especially if it's green - it should be able to re'd into an orange schem.

This would be sweet. I was sad yesterday when I had to give up this really nice white coat on my Jedi Knight for a nasty brown cloak, then a nasty brown moddable coat. The majority of mod gear in the game, I do not like the looks of, but there are a lot of pieces of green gear that are just awesome looking; one reason I've been keeping Zavros out of orange gear is because the green she has on is so much better looking but I hate gimping someone just for looks.

Just a tip, a lot of people may not bother reading your thread due to the title...

This^^ Also I agree I have found some really cool pieces of green armor that is useless for stats. Then I have the dilemma looking like a bad *** or not dieing.

I'm actually gimping myself by wearing a level 39 green quality chest at level 48 just so I can have my look.
Yeah, I'll be sad when my Knight outlevels his black chestpiece. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll have added the ability to RE any item into an Orange by then.

Unifying color to any piece of equipment shouldn't be too hard.

Each equipment already has a color value which is modified by the chest piece's color value.

It's just a matter of creating a pulldown menu to select the source piece to get the color from and then hit Unify to apply it to all.

This UI part is the most work and judging by the quality of UI, I'd say that department is not quite up to the standard..

But BW gotta realize small things like this make the majority of the player base happy.

Not sure how the companions work but I doubt there'd be much difference.

Edited by geulsae

Cool looking green and blue gear without orange counterparts make me sad.

There's also some great looking stuff in promotional videos that turned out to be of that same not-too-great quality, shame...