It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yavin will be a ghost planet again after next week.

I suppose it's too late to bargain for a sweet deal, say, to cut the CXP bug by half rather than fully nerf it?

Was a bit crowded earlier but nothing really horrible. Then again, I'm in the EU playing on a US server (don't ask) so it was still "business hours" and likely most people were still at work/school.

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric

Thanks Eric I need more CXP on the EU server lol god never thought I would do silly dailies again.

The crazy amount of CXP from those heroics, are possibly the only way I will ever achieve anything with Galactic Command. (And if Iokath rewarded that much all the time, you can bet your blouse everyone would be doing new content.... rather than it being a complete and total ghosttown)

really really glad that it won't be fixed yet :p I may actualy... hit lvl 300 on any one character O_O that said... because google wasn't very helpful... exactly when each day do dailies reset? is it the same time as daily groupfinder operation reset or some other time?

really really glad that it won't be fixed yet :p I may actualy... hit lvl 300 on any one character O_O that said... because google wasn't very helpful... exactly when each day do dailies reset? is it the same time as daily groupfinder operation reset or some other time?

Reset every morning at 7am central on my end.

They reset with the server reset. It used to be 3 am Pacific.

The server reset will go back and forth an hour in the spring and fall as Daylight Savings stuff happens. The server cares not for sunlight and it ticks the reset at the same time, just the player's clocks will go back and forth by an hour once a year.

between 8am and 9am for me in ADT/AST so I'd say 7am and 8am EDT/EST

Edited by docbenwayddo

You may not have intended to reward this much CXP but here's why you should keep it:

Almost no one does these dailies anymore until this happened, and suddenly all of these planets are full of people actively playing the game again instead of sitting on the fleet filling chat with garbage out of boredom (because the dailies do not award enough CXP previously to make them worth the time). Seriously, these areas haven't been this active since they were launched. They were ghost towns before because they do not award enough CXP to make them worth doing... until now!

You've finally hit a number that encourages people to play your content! Why would you change that to make these areas ghost towns again?

It's late enough in the 5.0/CXP expansion that this really isn't hurting anyone. It's doing what you've been trying to do (and failing to get right) in effort to get people actively playing and leveling/gearing alts. Again, you guys don't seem to understand where the line between "worth it" and "punishing" is... and I'm telling you that nerfing these will put you back into "punishing" territory such that these activities won't be worth doing anymore.

Why would you want to do something that makes people LESS encouraged to play your content? Especially when there is precious little of it coming out, and that which is coming out is buggy, laggy, and not worth repeating on multiple characters? This IS worth repeating on multiple characters. And people are doing it. Why would you want to stop that momentum?

I can understand adjusting it down a little bit (though I think it's only HUGE because of the CXP event right now), but I don't think you should adjust it much or it will go right back to the state it was in before this happened. Why not let us have a huge CXP boost and really catch up our characters so that we can play more of the end game content?

I just don't understand why this is such a bad thing that needs to be nerfed. I'd rather see you spend your time/effort fixing the NUMEROUS bugs that are going on since 5.4 that are making the game nearly unplayable for some people (certainly unenjoyable)... not the ones that are encouraging people to actually play the game MORE.

It's backwards.

Please, oh please don't put it back. Just make the boosts not work. Or cut it in half to 500. 80 is just not enough. The daily areas are alive again.

I get the gear grind needs to be a thing, and I'm fine with one, but it currently feels soooo long. (I must point out that right now our guild could use some more members as we don't have enough to be running HM ops anymore, so I'm only speaking from the daily and occasional HMFP runner standpoint.) Especially when the gear drop rates is low. I'm at rank 300, I opened 30 crates two days in a row. I got a four 248 implant/ear, and the rest we're blue and purple of all the other gear types. Mostly prototype quality.

So getting that many crates was great because of the drop rates. In fact, it felt worth it. Otherwise it's only worth it to do the daily areas once a week when planetary missions are the GC bonus to get the weekly CXP.

I perfectly understand the fact that these missions shouldn't reward as much as or more than the bigger content (HM OPS), which is clearly what's going on. But considering the drop rates of the crates, I personally feel that there needs to be an offset of some kind. What that could be, I don't know.

I hope to see the roadmap and see what is coming up.

You should consider leaving it as is, or a least boosted significantly. It is bringing people out around the galaxy.

Rotate it. Maybe not every Heroic every day, but one bonus Heroic per day would be nice to leave it on.

You should consider leaving it as is, or a least boosted significantly. It is bringing people out around the galaxy.

Ah. That is a good offset to the drop rates. Just boost the amount everything gives. That way OPs still give more CXP, but the dailies are worth doing. And they could give us more ranks, that way each tier takes longer to get through and players don't pass up ranks.