Thoughts on the current Nautolan Customisation?

Diggeric

The Nautolan was the species I wanted most. That was until I saw the customization that were on offer. Very disappointing so much so not going to make a character. There are so many Nautolan's in game as NCP's that are far far better then the present offering for a player character. I guess all I have now is the hope that at some point in the future BW give us more options for the Nautolan. The face structure is just not to my liking. Sure the eyes, nose, mouth and head tails very but the actual face/shape is the same throughout all the options. Just don't care for it.

Lets hope more thought go's into which ever species comes next if there is ever another one.

Overall they're decent, I like that you can choose different styles of tresses. Something they really need to do with the twi'lek and their lekku. I really hope they fix the heads on the Nautolans. They're a bit too small and the features are exaggerated. Also it's hard to tell the difference on some of their colors, some look the same.

There's something weird about the female faces especially. They look really puffy and swollen or something. None of them have the sleek form of the NPC nautolans. I don't mind us having these faces, I'd just like it if at least some of the faces didn't look this way.

I think I'll be able to make an OK male Nautolan, but the females are the stuff of nightmares! I'm glad they are going to be free for subscribers, because I can't imagine anyone paying for them in the state they are in.

Well I wouldn't assume that all buggy stuff we're currently seeing will make it to the live release of 6.0. I'm more concerned with the intentional design aesthetic. Even most of the colours I don't find appealing. They almost all seem too muddy for my taste.

The faces seem all the same and fairly ugly. There are very little differences other than slightly uglier. I agree that the head does not seem to change at all with body type which is unfortunate. I also agree it would be nice to have more skin colors and maybe some softer complexions to get that ruddy greenish-yellow hue off the face. I like the choices of montrals. I was really looking forward to creating a Nautolan for the new content but I don't know if I would want to play a character I couldn't stand looking at. I've seen Nautolan posters and characters in game which are much better looking and always made me want to play one. This was probably the one thing I was most looking forward to from the update. But after trying a dozen times to make a decent looking Nautolan on the PTS, I've lost some of that wind in my sail. I'm hoping there will be some improvements in the character creation.

Well I wouldn't assume that all buggy stuff we're currently seeing will make it to the live release of 6.0. I'm more concerned with the intentional design aesthetic. Even most of the colours I don't find appealing. They almost all seem too muddy for my taste.

Yeah I don't really like anything they're offering...They don't even have a clean face choice. I'm not sure who is behind these designs but they're all bad.

Colors are meh, faces are bad, skin color is meh, heads are to small, no clean choices. They're all just meh or bad to me. This is my opinion if others like them, Great. I'm just feeling let down is all. I'm not really sure why they went the way the did with Nautolan's....but I don't support it.

I'm not really sure why they went the way the did with Nautolan's....but I don't support it.

I expect that at least part of the equation is needing to make mouths similar in size, shape, and placement to other existing races, for the sake of kissy cutscenes. But I wish they could find a way to achieve this while still looking more like NPC nautolans. Cutscene considerations don't dictate colour, muddiness, puffiness, etc.

Edited by Estelindis

female faces kinda fugly nowhere near as nice as npc one,

skin colors bit muted and could be expanded and some brightened,

jewelry is nice,

complexion like skin colors needs more variation and wish there was a color slider instead of repeated patterns with different color,

good job on tendrils but not sure how bad the clipping will be

Edited by Aonevm

female faces kinda fugly nowhere near as nice as npc one,

skin colors bit muted and could be expanded and some brightened,

jewelry is nice,

complexion like skin colors needs more variation and wish there was a color slider instead of repeated patterns with different color,

good job on tendrils but not sure how bad the clipping will be

This is how bad the clipping is... lol https://imgur.com/d6gf4Xr If they made them more like Twi'lek lekku they would've been the best thing about them...Tentacle neck beards aren't that hawt...

This is how bad the clipping is... lol https://imgur.com/d6gf4Xr If they made them more like Twi'lek lekku they would've been the best thing about them...Tentacle neck beards aren't that hawt...

LOL, wow. That's probably the worst case of clipping I've seen on a player character... ever :D

Just curious-- when I pull up the PTS and try to start a new toon, I see Togruta when I try to choose a Nautolan. If you click through, can you play with the new models?

Edit: NVM, I must have had a bug. Nautolans are Nautolans now. But... wow. Those models are awful :p It looks like they took the human faces and copy/pasted them onto the NPC models.

Edited by JainiaDral