View Single Post

Jerba
01.21.2019 , 04:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I know my guild won't be touching it on VM at all if it's set for 252's.
I wouldn't worry too much about it; personally I didn't notice much of a difference between 248 and 252 tuning. Yes, the boss has slightly more HP and deals more damage but it is still killable. And don't forget that SM will drop 252 gear.

I'm not even sure what a 252 tuning is supposed to mean. As we all know, skill is much more important than gear. There is at least a 10-20% variance in DPS values for players with the same gear. In comparison, the difference between 248 and 252 gear is minuscule.
I don't have a strong opinion on whether it should be tuned to 248 or 252. I would be fine with a 248 tuning though I'd prefer the 252 tuning.

To me it feels like we'll finally get a real VM boss and not another hardmare boss like Rav/ToS/Mono/GftM. We haven't gotten a VM boss like that since DF/DP.
The boss requires some coordination but it's in line with what I'd expect from a VM boss. The DPS requirement is not too high, and there's plenty opportunity for healers to deal damage, and you can probably single-tank it if needed.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord