Covert Energy Chest Dye Slot

PetFish

At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it. :)

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.

At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug.

Probably not so much of a bug, as an understandable oversight. I'm guessing someone looked at this piece of gear and said;

At first I thought "well why would it have a dye slot?"

...without taking into account the "color-match to chest" function.

I hope they correct this. I can't imagine it would be difficult to do.

At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it. :)

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.

Yes, please! The lack of dye slot in the Covert Chest seems like an oversight. It would be nice if the dye slot there also affected the color of the female sports bra look that female characters have when using the Covert Chest.

• 10 months later...
It's been over a year.

I know it's not major or anything but it seems like maybe they just need to change a variable in the code like "dyeslot=1" or something if it really were a bug.

Poop.

I don't think they realize how much of a difference it would make if one of them came into some of these more obvious suggestion threads and said something like;

"Well, we thought about it and decided against it because...."

"It's on our list of things we want to get around to doing someday, but don't hold your breath...."

"It sounds simple, but it's actually extremely complicated thing to implement...."

Saying "no" may not be the answer we'd like, but the dead silence is just plain annoying.

"Lana... Lana... Lana! LANA!!"

"What?!"

".......Danger zone."

• 10 months later...

Time for my annual (meh, close enough) bump of this bug.

History: Back in January 2014 I asked about this at the Vancouver Cantina Tour. They said it was a bug and to submit it here.

Reason: This piece *should* have a dye slot, even though it's invisible, the "Unify Colors" would work for the rest of the outfit. Currently, I have to dye each piece with its own dye.

Alternative: Allow the ability to Unify Colors to any piece we are currently wearing.

TL;DR - Please fix the bug in the Covert Torso Energy Armor so it has a dye slot.