Sith rule before the movies??

schmakman

After careful review and consideration of your statement and the movies, I have come to the conclusion that no, the Sith have never ruled the galaxy. In fact, it would appear that Darth Sidious is actually one of the most successful trolls in the galaxy at this time. He builds a death star which he intentionally leaves an open place to destroy it just so he can build a second one and convince the rebel alliance that it is not operational to eventually shoot them.

He was also in a conspiracy with Admiral Ackbar, as Ackbar wanted to have the most famous line in history, but only mildly succeeded simply because Sidious trolled him on that too.

His biggest troll moment though? Convincing Vader that he killed Padme, as he kept that joke going long after Vader threw him into the reactor. In fact, he wasn't screaming on the way down, he was laughing.

I know that one of the lines in attack of the clones is "I won't let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years, be split in two!" so this would indicate that at some point before 1000 BBY the republic wasn't in control of the galaxy.

The Sith controlled practically the entire galaxy before Bane went all Rule of Two on everyone, not only that but the Ruusan Reformations practically created a new Republic in the first place.

There's a time known as the Republic Dark Ages, when the Republic, for all intents and purposes, ceased to exist as a body with any political clout. More and more territory was overseen by Jedi baronial rulers and the Republic was pretty much just Coruscant and the core worlds.

Not really, they never captured the core worlds. Furthest they got was the coup on Corellia.

They captured Coruscant and they are on Alderaan, you cannot get much more "core" than that.

The Sith would have already won and taken over the galaxy except that would screw up the Emperor's "destroy all life in the universe" plan. Because without an enemy to focus on his Sith would turn on him. Which is why he forced the treaty rather than let his side win.

To Vitiate the war is just a useful tool, he doesn't care about winning anymore, there is no need to win when your going to kill everything.

Edited by AngelousWang

They captured Coruscant and they are on Alderaan, you cannot get much more "core" than that.

The Sith would have already won and taken over the galaxy except that would screw up the Emperor's "destroy all life in the universe" plan. Because with an enemy to focus on his Sith would turn on him. Which is why he forced the treaty rather than let his side win.

To Vitiate the war is just a useful tool, he doesn't care about winning anymore, there is no need to win when your going to kill everything.

Well no, they didn't actually capture Coruscant. They had it, but they would never be able to hold onto it. I assume it's similar for Alderaan. Just think...

Malgus had a sizable army marching through a mountain pass when a SQUAD of soldiers managed to pretty much wipe them out. Sure they had Satele Shan by their side, but she killed about 5 Sith and held off Malgus while the Troopers slaughtered the rest of Malgus' army. The Sith War Machine pretty much sputtered to a halt right about the Core Worlds, I remember reading that there were also logistical and economic issues with taking the coreward worlds. (But, they did take some Coreward Worlds, Balmorra primarily.)

Well no, they didn't actually capture Coruscant. They had it, but they would never be able to hold onto it. I assume it's similar for Alderaan. Just think...

Malgus had a sizable army marching through a mountain pass when a SQUAD of soldiers managed to pretty much wipe them out. Sure they had Satele Shan by their side, but she killed about 5 Sith and held off Malgus while the Troopers slaughtered the rest of Malgus' army. The Sith War Machine pretty much sputtered to a halt right about the Core Worlds, I remember reading that there were also logistical and economic issues with taking the coreward worlds. (But, they did take some Coreward Worlds, Balmorra primarily.)

They also sent waves and waves of men to capture Bothwaui in a plain direct assault, for each Rep solider killed they killled 10. Sure the Empire eventually did capture the planet, but the Imp commanders were *********** morons.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I know that one of the lines in attack of the clones is "I won't let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years, be split in two!" so this would indicate that at some point before 1000 BBY the republic wasn't in control of the galaxy.

Its actually refering to a thousand years of peace that the republic has seen

after careful review and consideration of your statement and the movies, i have come to the conclusion that no, the sith have never ruled the galaxy. In fact, it would appear that darth sidious is actually one of the most successful trolls in the galaxy at this time. He builds a death star which he intentionally leaves an open place to destroy it just so he can build a second one and convince the rebel alliance that it is not operational to eventually shoot them.

He was also in a conspiracy with admiral ackbar, as ackbar wanted to have the most famous line in history, but only mildly succeeded simply because sidious trolled him on that too.

His biggest troll moment though? Convincing vader that he killed padme, as he kept that joke going long after vader threw him into the reactor. In fact, he wasn't screaming on the way down, he was laughing.

rofl !

there was a time in the great galactic war where the sith controled most of the galaxy, but the only ocation where the galaxy has been most undercontrol by sith had been during palpatine's kingdom, ofcourse later on darth kryat would come along and take over even more than palpatine.

:cool:

The Sith controlled practically the entire galaxy before Bane went all Rule of Two on everyone, not only that but the Ruusan Reformations practically created a new Republic in the first place.

What? no they didnt. They were just at war with the republic just like they are in TOR.(and dont give me that peace treaty crap. tell the republic npcs who gun me down on site the second i get too close to there base about the supposed peace.)