Guild Strongholds: Increase the cap please

mazharthegreat

Greetings SWTOR Developer Team,

A great number of players subscribe to the game and continue playing because of our communities/friends in guilds. Being one of those players, I know that my group guild of about 1000 or so accounts is also very interested in the game due to the guild.

Seeing as the Number of Strongholds available to purchase and the player limit of Strongholds has increased, maybe it is about time to increase the amount of Strongholds Guilds can have?

Please consider this my formal request on behalf of the large population of the game that will thank you and continue playing this game happily without new content if you just give Guilds the option to get the new Rishi SH as a 2nd one.

I hope my request is heard and implemented. I am a long time subscriber and I really want this game to survive. This is what your players want, please allow us to have it.

Thanks in advance.

/signed

I’d like to have Rishi as a guild stronghold since it’s designed with group play in mind and has dummies but sadly deactivating the old one is not an option. Too much time and credits were spent.

/signed, too!

As the game grows, so too should the cap on guild strongholds. The more active guilds will take the opportunity and use the additional SH for events that keep players engaged, motivated, and subscribed--hence more money in SWTOR's pocket. Besides, having an increased cap to guild SHs changes nothing regarding game play or game balance. It simply adds to the value of our gaming experience.

/signed

Great idea. Having the 2nd SH option for guilds adds more to the guild then it subtracts. Especially with the lower CQ targets and more accessible Encryptions each user can obtain now

/signed

Great idea. Having the 2nd SH option for guilds adds more to the guild then it subtracts. Especially with the lower CQ targets and more accessible Encryptions each user can obtain now

I agree with having more guild strongholds but Encryptions are not used on guild strongholds, only on guild ships.

/signed

In regards to this request, I too, am a long time player and sub for this game. I am also requesting that all of the Guilds have the option to obtain a 2nd Stronghold for said guilds. I believe that it would greatly increase the amount of players online, as well as, raise the comradery of all members in said guilds. Please take into consideration all of these requests.

/signed

I think it would make perfect sense to allow more Strongholds for the larger guilds that could make use of them. Apart from offering guilds more variety, it would also give people more of an incentive to buy Cartel Coins and perhaps use them for more decorations, since guilds would have more room to fill. This is a feature whose addition would only have pros with no cons.

/signed

In my experience, being part of a guild is one of the main things that keeps people playing SWTOR, as well as encouraging subscribing for endgame and group content by creating a community to gain exposure to the activities.

Strongholds allow a guild to have a place to gather, RP, and show off their accomplishments. They also act as credit sinks and encourage the spending of cartel coins in order to furnish them. Especially with the addition of a SH that is focused on PvP and ops, it seems that allowing guilds to own more than one stronghold would add functionality to the guild and better the communities they create.

Full support.

/signed

If Rishi is to have exclusive features (custom PVP arenas), it definitely needs to be available to guilds with an already established stronghold. Either that or modify all the strongholds to support that. This alternative is obviously a lot more work, so increasing the cap makes the most sense. Maybe it will tide people over if Bioware announces they eventually plan to add these features to the old strongholds, but of course, that would be many months away.

I have wanted the option to have more than one guild SH even before Rishi, but now with the upcoming release of the Rishi stronghold this feels almost imperative. Rishi is going to be a SH that active guilds who PVP will absolutely want, but forcing them to have to sacrifice an already loved and furnished guild SH not only flat-out sucks, but it might even prevent some guilds from acquiring Rishi.

Yes, of course, a single guild member could acquire Rishi as a personal SH and the guild could use it, but that completely eliminates the possibility of multiple guild members decorating/changing the arenas in order to create their own custom events, since gold keys cannot be given to personal strongholds.

I think the addition of guild appeal to SHs, like the PVP with Rishi, is a wonderful idea. The lifting of the needlessly limiting one-SH-per-guild restriction absolutely needs to come with it.

/SIGNED

I agree. With the number of strongholds available in the game increasing, the player allowance increasing, as well as the new features being added it would benefit the community as a whole to allow Guilds to own more than the 2 strongholds (GuildShip and Stronghold).

I'd be happy with just increasing it by one for the moment, but I think if additional strongholds are added beyond Rishi, especially those with PvP zones or ohter NEW features not previously had in strongholds then increasing the guild SH limit to 4 might be good.

Additionally, this can allow the opportunity if BioWare wishes of adding not just personal stronghold titles, but guild stronghold titles as new conquest vendor items. So that we don't just have a Guildship and a Headquarters. But there can be something like Headquarters, Resort, Retreat, Compound, Facility, Research and Development, Bootcamp, Etc for the guildstrongholds (not ship)

It also helps the guilds, because those with the most generous members or longevity have decoration collections that well exceed the two existing strongholds (ship & SH) they may have. This way they can put all of the ohter decorations to use, so that members can see that more of what they donated has had some value to the guild other than a point or two of prestige in the Guild SH rating.