Patch 1.4 broken stuff

Ansalem

so far after todays patch I have noticed the GCD problems are back where you get fake activations for skills that result in the global cool down but no actual use of the skill. I have also noticed sound problems when using tracer missiles on my merc and occassional sound stuttering. Also if you buy one of the new items and have your companion compare equipment turned on it begins to flicker like crazy. On top of all this I noticed a problem with combat animations when going from tracer missile to unload where it delays the beginning of unload and only get credit for the last half of it. Then I noticed I was having problems clicking peoples names in the chat box to whisper them. For most people I was unable to click their names to whisper them on some names I had to click many many times before it actually brought up the whisper. Then came the big one...the one that is really sticking in my craw since I can't get access to mats I need. The GTN is broken. I am unable to post on it or view any existing listings. I submitted some of these bugs in game but I had to log out. I hope this is fixed by the time I log back in later tonight.

so far after todays patch I have noticed the GCD problems are back where you get fake activations for skills that result in the global cool down but no actual use of the skill.

Nope, it isn't back. It never went away. Happens to me all the time on my marauder when activating off GCD abilities while dps'ing. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens, and it's annoying. But BW can't figure out how to fix it.

Go figure.

Had the schematics thing. But the best of all, random crashes are back ( really Bioware, every big patch?). Had a crash while loading a flashpoint, and- at least this is a new one- while running on the fleet.

Gunslinger instant activation of charged burst when rolling into cover doesn`t work sometimes

Of course 1.4 was thoroughly tested as we can all see......2 seconds of testing would have revealed a broken GTN.

Actually, it worked on the test server.

But what happened this time, just like last time, was that bugs that had been reported by players on the PTS went live unacknowledged and unfixed.

Edited by KyaniteD

Well PTS 1.4 didn't just have a crap load of people migrated to it. It did work on PTS.

In fact it didn't have ANY people migrated except a small hand full. (Rest of us got to use 1.3 PTS version Toons)

Leaving out the fact testing was pretty limited and that had many people upset too.

[New return of old bug] Sweeping Blasters is now bugged again.

(Character does not turn to face the AE effect, even if placed behind, just fires straight ahead)

[New bug] Tracer Missile sound effects are gone.

(Just silence while channeling and casting)

[New bug] Death from Above sound is 'sometimes' missing.

(Sometimes no issue, sometimes it only has sound on every other projectile)

[New bug] Space missions sound and graphics glitching.

(Half way through a mission <ascendancy barrier> all sound stopped, the rest of the mission was complete silence, also at the same time my ships blaster fire dissapeared. You could see the impact on target effect, but no blaster bolts)

Also my toon has been getting a red 'half reticle/half triangle' marker over his head now.

I have icons/markers/class symbols/name tags turned off. Can find no other option in relation to turning this off.

This is after logging in and playing for about 30 minutes ... I can't wait to see what bugs I'll find in the coming days!

Edited by Voranis

This is just sad. Once again EABW pushes out a patch that wasn't tested thoroughly, and wasn't ready.

EABW PLEASE stop doing that. Next time when you get the urge to push out a patch, wait another week, and do more testing.

Better yet, make a dummy server to see what your patch does to it before you put it on live servers.

Of course 1.4 was thoroughly tested as we can all see......2 seconds of testing would have revealed a broken GTN.

BW didn't want to break their track record of Patches needed to fix their Patches. It's the one true thing they have been consistent on. Why spoil a good thang? More Maintenance/Downtime ahead! woohoo

BW didn't want to break their track record of Patches needed to fix their Patches. It's the one true thing they have been consistent on. Why spoil a good thang? More Maintenance/Downtime ahead! woohoo

You know years and years ago (the patch to fix the patch) used to be a joke.

It was an unfortunate thing that happened once in a while.

These days it's considered 'normal' for a patch to introduce more bugs than it fixes.

/sigh

Edited by Voranis

Minor thing but when I color match to my chestpiece (which is brown and white) my pants turn blue. Not sure where that blue is coming from, and it used to color match them to brown.

Also, my coat tails (I have one of the trench coat looks) no longer rest on the back of my speeder bike anymore, they just clip right down through it, even when I'm going full speed.

Odd bugs to be introduced....

Was going to resub but after todays backwards-patch I really am not convinced:

1) No GTN.........dont tell me it was tested properly.......

2) Repeated mis-firing of abilities along with fake cooldown.

3) New problem with game minimizing randomly

4) Various random graphics glitches and artifacts, some appearing in battles, very off-putting to have to play around this one!!!!

I thought the idea was to patch the game to a more stable and playable state, but hey BW have discovered a new meaning for the word "patch" as in "**** it up completely".....