Question, Animation/Damage Delay fixed for shadows in 1.2?

Nijraw

The other day we had a Bioware customer service Droid Rep. in game and he was kind enough to answer any question we had about the game, I asked him if in patch 1.2 will the animation delays to abilities like Project, Blade Storm, Force Wave, (pretty much the Republic as a whole) if those delays would be fixed to match that of our Sith counter part and he told me that as far as he knows all if not most of those abilities will be fixed patch 1.2 if not soon after. (DID PROJECT MAKE THE CUT)?

I played a Jedi Shadow to level 50 but I have stopped playing my main because of the server I was on, It was DEAD, DEAD,DEAD, so I did what most others did, I jumped ship to (The Fatman), sense then I made a few toons on that server to see if I would enjoy them as I did with my Jedi Shadow (RIP). but it didn't fit my play style.

I'm thinking about just remaking a new Jedi Shadow but one thing is holding me back before I spend all this time to remake, has the animation/damage delay been fixed in patch 1.2?

P.S I will not wait or pay for server transfers.

Edited by Nijraw

I wish I knew the answer for you but as much as I possibly hate rolling another toon (and I have no idea what it would be, but I'm partial to shadow) I can't stand how light my server is ALL the time. Rather than trying to complain and say I'm leaving the game unless we get server changes, it seems more prudent to go to a new server. So with that said, how is Fatman? I've noticed it's always standard to heavy population there. Let me know your thoughts and what you play over there.

I wish I knew the answer for you but as much as I possibly hate rolling another toon (and I have no idea what it would be, but I'm partial to shadow) I can't stand how light my server is ALL the time. Rather than trying to complain and say I'm leaving the game unless we get server changes, it seems more prudent to go to a new server. So with that said, how is Fatman? I've noticed it's always standard to heavy population there. Let me know your thoughts and what you play over there.

Fatman is IMO what a server should be, loads of people on at all hours of the night, IMP fleets have close to 500 players across 2 shards Rep have close to 300.

It took alot for me to make the move because I knew that I had to leave behind 2 level 50's my Trooper and my Shadow (Shadow being pretty geared) but It was worth it.

I rerolled a Bounty Hunter to 30, Jedi Guardian to 30 and a few other toons to mid teens but I miss my Shadow, I will most likely remake my Shadow as my main on Fatman but I don't want to waste my time if the delays aren't fixed.

Edited by Nijraw

Unfortunately, there have been no changes to any of the consular type animations, particularly not project. They are just as sluggish, delayed, and annoying as they are on live as of today.

There was a thread I posted in on the PTS forums about it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=384966

I posted an earlier thread in the PTS forums about it, but it got moved...but feel free to chime in on that one if you have time to waste, for the good it seems to do...

Edited by Dyvim

the only thing i really want changed is our aoe knockback. i really really hate this skill. it is soooo frustrating to fire this off, have someone else knock you back instead after you used yours, yours goes on CD and your the only one knocked back. its also extremely iffy to time correctly.

project is fine, yeah it gets left hanging sometimes but i love the burst in pvp.

the only thing i really want changed is our aoe knockback. i really really hate this skill. it is soooo frustrating to fire this off, have someone else knock you back instead after you used yours, yours goes on CD and your the only one knocked back. its also extremely iffy to time correctly.

project is fine, yeah it gets left hanging sometimes but i love the burst in pvp.

Actually project isn't fine as it's suppose to be an instant ability, that means it should hit the target instantly. It's unfair to us that the Inquisitor gets their instant ability to hit instantly while we have to wait .5 secs. I've had countless times where I didn't stop someone grabbing a turret/door because my project hit them late, where it would have hit and stopped them instantly when I played my assassin. This is why I never use project to stop a door cap anymore, it's TT with force potency (extended range) or if its the beginning of the game (like grabbing snow) I'll use our stun as it's a 30m range.

The problem with our aoe knockback is that it has a hidden .5 sec delay after we use it, I don't understand why we have it, it's ridiculous for an instant attack to yet again take .5 to actually hit the target.

I view project as a blessing and a curse, yes there has been times when my project couldn't stop the cap in the last second or it gets left hanging when a op vanishes but there are also times when I love it because I hit them with a force potency and a spinning strike in the same gcd and you know something is dead

Honestly, enough of the consular players have voiced their concerns regarding the skill project, the I'm fairly certain BioWare has taken notice.

Project clearly has its advantages and disadvantages when compared with the inquisitor equivalent shock.

Anyone who has followed the numerous threads on this issue knows the arguments on both sides.

That they haven't fixed it yet could mean a couple of things.

1) The combat design team does not think it needs changing. (Doubtful, given the amount of threads on this issue.)

2) The combat design team has a change/fix in mind for it and just haven't gotten around to it. This could be because the change is just that big, or because they just have too many other fires to stamp out. (This patch was full of things that was supposed to be slotted for the game's release a few months back after all.)

*shrugs* Just my thoughts. Either way, nobody can dispute that the Project ability is not balanced with the mirror ability Shock.

In the mean time, we can deal with it or just choose not to play.

Personally I find the game is enough fun that I will just continue to deal with it.

I'm really getting tired of these threads.

The delay on project is a very good thing.

Not a bad thing.

Stop asking to change it.

Learn the mechanisms of the class before you ask to dumb it down.

What are you talking about?

Sure Project is nice for setting up burst and thats about it, Project how it is now is not meant to be like it is, it's just bad coding that they never got around to fixing, I could care less about burst combos I want balance.

I don't need exploits or bugs to give me any type of advantage or disadvantage, Project delay needs Fixed nuff said.

Edited by Nijraw

Delay is a good thing.

Realize that.

Close this thread.

I'm not arguing for a change, but I'm interested to hear why folks believe that a built-in delay on an instant skill is a good thing. I'm not attacking, but simply asking. I could quite possibly be missing something in the logic of your statement.

Delay is a good thing.

Realize that.

Close this thread.

Quoting this post and any other posts like it for truth and justice.

What are you talking about?

Sure Project is nice for setting up burst and thats about it, Project how it is now is not meant to be like it is, it's just bad coding that they never got around to fixing, I could care less about burst combos I want balance.

I don't need exploits or bugs to give me any type of advantage or disadvantage, Project delay needs Fixed nuff said.

I, for one, hate saying this: but learn to play a Shadow. No offense. The Delay on Project is the best part about this class. If you can't understand it, then you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Xinika

Wherever you stand on project (I personally like the delay), I don't think anyone doesn't think that Force Wave needs to be sped up. Seriously, I wish I had a credit for everytime I lined up a perfect knockback into a fire trap, hit Force Wave, and watched them run away before the knockback hit. Edited by Philosomanic

Delay is a good thing.

Realize that.

Close this thread.

I'm not sure about you but I can't count the times my Project stayed floating in mid air only because a character vanished in mid combat or preventing a capture point due to being 0.5 seconds late.

I understand that the delay can give you a advantage when setting up burst combos but other then that it does more harm then good.

Let weigh the pros & cons for a second:

Pros:

1. Burst combos

Cons:

1. Delayed damage causing capture point losses

2. Floating Projects lingering in mid air

3. Preventing a healer from death only because damage was delayed (interrupt is on CD)

Bottom line is Project is bad coding and a class bug and needs to be addressed to maintain overall faction balance.

Edited by Nijraw

I'm not arguing for a change, but I'm interested to hear why folks believe that a built-in delay on an instant skill is a good thing. I'm not attacking, but simply asking. I could quite possibly be missing something in the logic of your statement.

You are missing nothing, the people that like the delay only see the burst combos and are blinded by all the negative the delay causes, for some reason they feel that the delay out weights the bad or are just to narrow minded to see the negatives.

Quoting this post and any other posts like it for truth and justice.

I, for one, hate saying this: but learn to play a Shadow. No offense. The Delay on Project is the best part about this class. If you can't understand it, then you're doing it wrong.

Learn to play shadow?

This this a joke, It must be because I feel you really don't know who you are talking to, I know full well about the Burst combo exploit and that alone is not worth the problems it causes.

P.s for your info I get payed to play video games and have been for the last 6 years so before you go off with this learn to play, you better learn who you are talking trash to and understand real class balance because the way it is now project vs shock this will NEVER make it to any MLG event, to many discrepancies.

Learn to play shadow?

This this a joke, It must be because I feel you really don't know who you are talking to, I know full well about the Burst combo exploit and that alone is not worth the problems it causes.

P.s for your info I get payed to play video games and have been for the last 6 years so before you go off with this learn to play, you better learn who you are talking trash to and understand real class balance because the way it is now project vs shock this will NEVER make it to any MLG event, to many discrepancies.

You certainly don't act like no "Pro" player. Not that it matters anyway, I've seen trash players make it to MLG so the quality for their pickings hardly means anything noteworthy. I'll say it again: Learn to play a Shadow. If you're stuck thinking the delay is a bad thing then the problem is you, not the class.

PS: Show me your videos.

Edited by Xinika

This Project Delay complaint has been around since launch. The delay was intended, it isn't bad coding.

Speed of a traveling boulder is a bit slower than the speed of lightning. It makes sense to me. What is the big whoopidooda?

If you don't like Project, feel free to piss off over to the Imperial **** trough so you can have your no delay lightning.

PS: Ahaha game tester has got to be the worse job in the world. All I did, when I was at that job, was play bad games that nobody ever touched stuff like Barbie Undersea Fantasy or whatever. :p I don't envy you your job, sir.