FPs too long?

Does anyone else think the FPs are a bit too long? I don't mind the length of them the 1st go around. But let's face it until new material gets released we are stuck with these and their Hardmode counterparts (for some of them anyway). Do not mistake what I am saying. I like the FPs and the stories involved. But on my 2nd run through I don't think I want to kill 100 mobs on my way to 3-4 bosses EVERY TIME. An hour for these, or more, seems a bit much.

In Hardmodes everyone is always 'spacebar spacebar spacebar' and I oblige but even spacebaring some of these just take forever. The first time in the experience is epic and I don't notice the time, after that first maybe 2nd run yeah I notice, on my 10th run oh God please no more trash! And I'm gonna have to run these all again and again and again to get gear, or for alts.

Now I know the responses, remember BRD (or whatever else) in Vanilla? Yeah I do and the extreme investment of time (for non endgame gear) is exactly why with TBC on the instances became more and more streamlined. I don't want everything handed to me but large timesinks should be done in raids (excuse me Operations) not a FP. Everyone says how easy Wrath was but these were the same people posting on their alts on Blizz forums so no one could see that they got Kingslayer at 25% buff (or after Cata came out). Then in Cataclysm they tuned the Heroics up and made them longer and voila subscription loss. The heroic 5 mans were nerfed very very soon after release and I had never ever seen that in 6+ years of Wow so quickly after a release.

I know that over time with increased gear by everyone that they will probably go faster. But not really because by that time people will have all they want from them and their less geared alts or new players will be in there and they will still take as long to complete. 45 minutes to me should be a max for a properly executed Flashpoint. An hour on hardmode maybe but cmon most of you will say ' I want that epic feeling' well is it epic when everyone and their dog spacebars the dialogue? No it's not. And maybe you don't spacebar on your 15th HM run but I'd say the vast majority of us do. And don't say 'then don't do them derpa derpa' well that is not the reality when you want to progress. I just don't want to sift through trash after trash after trash to get to the 'epic' stuff ie bosses. Some of you would say the opposite of whatever anyone says just because you are sour grapes so whatever but I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

TL;DR The FPs are too long with too much trash not to mention the bugs that we all have to deal with.

Get a good group and finish every FP in 20-40 minutes.

Not so easy to get good groups if you PUG a lot. Some FPs are just too long and the extra length doesn't add much to the gameplay. On the other hand, a relatively short FP like Colicoid War Games is very fun. The bottom line is Devs should design FPs with player enjoyment and not time sinks as goals.

Not so easy to get good groups if you PUG a lot. Some FPs are just too long and the extra length doesn't add much to the gameplay. On the other hand, a relatively short FP like Colicoid War Games is very fun. The bottom line is Devs should design FPs with player enjoyment and not time sinks as goals.

That is true. My own PUG experience was very good, but I am mostly running with guildies.

Sidenote: It is possible to skip a real lot of trash or knockback them to death.

Bioware is still under the impression that giving something 3-times the appropriate HP suddenly makes it more challenging.

Same logic applies to Trashmobs.

Unfortunately however, more HP don't make mobs harder or more challenging. They just make fights take longer.

Get a good group and finish every FP in 20-40 minutes.

I would LOVE to see you pull off a 20-40 minute hard mode false emperor. My guild group that I typically run with has 2 knock backs and we abuse it a lot on trash. Even clearing the bonus boss we average about a 1 hr 10 min run.

Also about dialogue in the flashpoints, yay okay you guys spent millions on voice overs and stuff and ya...was fun leveling for a while and once you've chosen each option once already...yeah it gets old fast. Trash will always be around until they release an arena style environment (heck look at colicoid, flashpoint really doesn't have trash, just puzzles really). Dialogue in flashpoints need to go the way of the albatross after the 10th time. (Also good god having buggy dialogue options that end up not spawning the boss, hello HK in FE.)

Edited by Vaahanian

the only flashpoint on hardmode u can clear that fast is blacktalon.

my party clears directive 7 (with bonus boss) in 40 minutes. Boarding Party in 40-50 (except last boss. Until buggy chest is fixed it makes no sense killing them) Almost no t1 gear, not to mention t2. What are we doing wrong?

Space through the conversations that helps. And stop chatting about usless stuff while running FPs, like most people want to it seems. Focus on doing your job/role and everything runs smoothly.

Yeah, focus on your job !! After all you get paid for it !!

Actually no, you dont.

Sorry, having a bad friday. To each his own.

We do two hard modes every night, we take about 60-80 min, depending on which one we do.

Unless it is a boss fight we talk about useless stuff all the time, we rarely chat though. Teamspeak is a must have for me in group content of some difficulty.

Sometimes we take a break so someone can walk their dog, get a mug of coffee or drive across town cause a friends car broke down.

Sometimes we didnt even complete an FP cause someone had to go. Who cares ?

Levelling and progression is way to fast as it is, i enjoy the company as much as the game and will be around for a while hopefully.

A lot of people need to chill out more, dope should be legal. Would mellow out some people.

That is true. My own PUG experience was very good, but I am mostly running with guildies.

Sidenote: It is possible to skip a real lot of trash or knockback them to death.

You finish false EMP in 20-40minutes with a standard group I'll send you 100$

The sheer amount of trash mobs in FE is beyond ridiculous. Worst still is the fact that knocking the trash in the first half of the instance off ledges often results in buggy behavior like the whole pack respawning, which is almost always a wipe.

There is nothing interesting or challenging about 50 packs of mixed star/elite mobs that stun the tank for 5 seconds on pull, require multiple CCs to simply prevent tank instagibs, and are so damn spread out you have to basically run around like a headless chicken to keep aggro on everything.