[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

Good afternoon,

I'm creating this petition because many, if not, most PvP'ers don't enjoy doing these two things:

• PvE.
  • Crafting.

Firstly, with PvE, not only do you have a multitude of endgame dailies, but you can create several other characters to level and have crafting work with it. Right off the bat, PvE gives you a huge advantage over PvP both through credit gains and experience gains. That's a huge problem for many of us—especially for those that are strictly PvP'ers, like me!

1. Leveling

To my knowledge, leveling via Warzones was actually pretty viable somewhere during beta through until the game's first patch. I hear that leveling was nerfed around the same time during release to stop the AFK'ers from exploiting the WZ experience gain, since at the time there was no auto-boot to remove those not doing anything in the Warzone.

The Warzone Legacy XP Buffs do help, but they seem only marginal. After you've finished your ONLY PvP daily and weekly, the experience you gain varies highly because there are several factors that go into calculating how much XP you'd gain after a WZ match:

• Winning or losing team.
  • How long the WZ lasts.
  • How many medals you get.
  • How long you have to sit in a queue before it pops.

The last one is a real biggie for me because I play during the graveyard hours to avoid the lag I get from a certain someone leeching almost all my bandwidth during the day. During the graveyard hours, there aren't many people online like during the day so it hurts me trying to get to endgame with my toon as fast as possible.

Re-rolling isn't an option for me, and that's because I don't want to level the same characters again (I'm NOT an altoholic), and I'd never pay to transfer out of a server. Futhermore, servers in other regions would make my latency spike in PvP. It would hurt me even more, so I'd rather stay on the server in my region/timezone.

Also, know that sometimes you may enter a Warzone that someone rage quits, and you'll automatically be introduced to the scoreboard (or to the point where it's getting there). I seriously hate that, and you get no rewards so that time that's used up there is wasted.

I know that mostly every game gives you faster experience via questing rather than PvP, but I think the PvP leveling here still needs a buff. It doesn't have to be exponential, but just a bit more noticeable to where it's not too inferior to questing.

2. Credits

This is THE biggest issue out of the rewards gained from PvP. Both PvE and crafting costs credits to maintain. PvE creates repair bills, and the costs would be considered highly expensive to those who strictly PvP—and it doesn't help if you're helping your friends in FPs/Ops and you wipe more than once. With crafting, gathering materials through companion missions also costs us money. The cost outweighs the profit if you don't know how to work the market (I don't even touch the market because I've lost profit in the past), if you're strictly PvPing and you're getting slow queues (like I am), and getting into losing games, etc.

Additionally, there's much more content in this game with PvE rather than PvP, so that means more rewards, bonus missions, etc. for the PvE'er—and this really hurts a strict PvP'er. You need to give special rewards for PvP'ers to give us something to work with. I like styling my characters with gear, and like trying out new outfits and seeing what I can do to make them look better, too. A PvE'er can do all this, but with such less of a hassle unlike a PvP'er and it's ridiculous!

• This thread here was ignored, and untouched, sadly. Really sad because here are some great things to greatly help our internet wallets, and more side-quests in the form of PvP content.

You get the idea.

Again, give us something to work with. Not only will it generate us more credits, but it'll make PvPing slightly more entertaining, and some of these new PvP missions may lead to players to focus on certain objectives more often. This will be questing, but in the form of PvP! Something that I desperately need so I'm not enticed to run boring PvE.

3. Sign the Petition!

I have created a petition hosted by iPetitions! To sign it, please click here! You can leave a brief comment if you'd like, and when you're entering your name please use your forum Display Name! If BW ever happens to check this thread out, I'd like them to find this petition and see an organized and clean list of signatures. :)

4. Profile

This one I'm randomly putting out there, but I feel like it's still necessary. In short, I'm a PvP'er because I find PvP fun! I don't find it such a timesink like PvE. It's not boring, it's not static, and it's not easy. PvE, to me, is very, very boring, static, and plain uninteresting. I used to PvE believe it or not (a lot...), but as time went on I knew PvP was THE only play style for me.

To see BioWare hurting PvP'ers more and more, it's very discouraging and has lead me to not continue my 6-month sub until these, and the many more definitive issues surrounding PvP, are addressed.

From a very concerned and discouraged SWTOR PvP'er,

MrJurgens

Edited by MrJurgens

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm creating this petition because many, if not, most PvP'ers don't enjoy doing these two things:

PvE.

Crafting.

If you can't just take a few seconds every thirty minutes to refresh your gathering missions, and about 5 minutes a day to put everything in the GTN, the problem is you - not the game.

Seriously, 30k is all you need. You can make 100k-500k a night depending on crits and attention span while you warzone your brains out for a few hours. I do it, and made over a million in profit last week rather lazily.

I don't know why anyone would need over a million credits a week. Increased rewards would be nice, but it's no where near needed like the case you're making.

Edited by Maelael

If you can't just take a few seconds every thirty minutes to refresh your gathering missions, and about 5 minutes a day to put everything in the GTN, the problem is you - not the game.

Seriously, 30k is all you need. You can make 100k-500k a night depending on crits and attention span while you warzone your brains out for a few hours. I do it, and made over a million in profit last week rather lazily.

I don't know why anyone would need over a million credits a week. Increased rewards would be nice, but it's no where near needed like the case you're making.

The cost outweighs the profit for me in crafting anyways. I play during the graveyard hours, so Warzone queues pop very slowly. I'd be losing more credits little by little. It wouldn't be noticed immediately, but as time goes on I'll keep losing credits until I sell all the mats or something. As for the mats, the mats are usually just the default ones and don't even go for much on the GTN.

As for the amount of credits needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Also, since I don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

You're making utilizing the GTN and crafting sound so easy, when it's not. On top of that, it's not easy for someone who just wants to zealously PvP to try crafting, for only in the end, the attempt might end up costing them rather than being profitable.

Edited by MrJurgens

The cost outweighs the profit for me in crafting anyways. I play during the graveyard hours, so Warzone queues pop very slowly. I'd be losing more credits little by little. It wouldn't be noticed immediately, but as time goes on I'll keep losing credits until I sell all the mats or something. As for the mats, the mats are usually just the default ones and don't even go for much on the GTN.

As for the amount of credited needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Since I also don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

You're making utilizing the GTN and crafting sound so easy, when it's not. On top of that, it's not easy for someone who just wants to zealously PvP to try crafting, for only in the end, the attempt might end up costing them rather than being profitable.

How? Seriously. Level 4-9 Artifacts and Compounds always return profit at bare bottom prices.

Example, level 9 compounds:

3-4k a Mission

Sells for 25k a 10 stack

6-10 return each mission

Even at oddball moments, or usual moments for Power Crystals and Metals, you're looking at 20k a 10 stack.

It's like, 7.5-10k profit at worst case scenario (Which is impossible as how the missions are rated, but whatever) every 30 minutes. x5: 37.5-50k Thats 75-100k an hour dude. Even if your server sells that stuff for half the price you're still basically looking at profit that should feed your need for any coin.

Honestly, if you're smart enough to PvP well, I don't see how you can't pull off selling crafting mats. I don't even mean that as an insult, it's just blunt honesty. PvP is WAY harder than doing an update every thirty minutes and matching the lowest or most reasonable price on a mat in the GTN.

Now where I can get behind you is time investment - because PvErs can do the same with crafting while making money hand over foot doing dailies and etc (Makeb/GSI dailies are amazing profit if you loot everything). That's a reasonable request - but saying you can't make any money at all is just nonsense to me.

(Reference wise, 2 hour stims are 25-50k each. You're still making a profit to augment out. Yes, its way easier and faster to do it in PvE though.)

If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.

While a valid concern, this already happens - a lot. lol.

Edited by Maelael

As for the amount of credits needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Also, since I don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

I pvp as well but I just sucked it up and did the dailies inbetween queues until I had enough money to buy the augs/kits.

I agree that Warzones need to be a viable way to level both xp and credits. I have every advanced class created but still have 8 that haven't maxed yet and I honestly don't feel like PVEing my way to 55 on them. If the rewards for pure pvp leveling was raised it would for sure keep me busy and enjoying the game.

If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.

You do realize that there's an auto-boot if you don't move from the spawn area, correct? And even if players somehow just farmed 3+ medals, then sat hiding in an area, others would point out to boot the AFK exploiter from the WZ.

No one really utilizes the Warzone boot option, but the players would eventually adapt. Regardless, AFKing to exploit now is virtually impossible.

How? Seriously. Level 4-9 Artifacts and Compounds always return profit at bare bottom prices.

Example, level 9 compounds:

3-4k a Mission

Sells for 25k a 10 stack

6-10 return each mission

Even at oddball moments, or usual moments for Power Crystals and Metals, you're looking at 20k a 10 stack.

It's like, 7.5-10k profit at worst case scenario (Which is impossible as how the missions are rated, but whatever) every 30 minutes. x5: 37.5-50k Thats 75-100k an hour dude. Even if your server sells that stuff for half the price you're still basically looking at profit that should feed your need for any coin.

Honestly, if you're smart enough to PvP well, I don't see how you can't pull off selling crafting mats. I don't even mean that as an insult, it's just blunt honesty. PvP is WAY harder than doing an update every thirty minutes and matching the lowest or most reasonable price on a mat in the GTN.

Now where I can get behind you is time investment - because PvErs can do the same with crafting while making money hand over foot doing dailies and etc (Makeb/GSI dailies are amazing profit if you loot everything). That's a reasonable request - but saying you can't make any money at all is just nonsense to me.

(Reference wise, 2 hour stims are 25-50k each. You're still making a profit to augment out. Yes, its way easier and faster to do it in PvE though.)

Don't worry. I know you're not insulting me. This is just a intelligent discussion. :p

Those stats you provided me on how much these mats are worth are relevant to your server, but I don't know how it works on my server. Also, you know this stuff because you're a crafter. I'm not. I don't know how the market works with crafting, and the reason why I'm not willing to do it is because I have lost a huge profit two times in the past with the GTN. I don't want to waste my credits on these mats, and I'd prefer that BW provide better rewards for PvP so we can grind it out that way.

In PvE, it's way faster and a lot easier. You have the base missions, the bonus missions, the loot from mobs, etc. They have more content which makes it exponentially easier for them to do all this. Not only that, but they can farm mats in the Open World while doing their dailies. PvP'ers can do the same thing, but it can and may involve some form of PvE, which is something we'd prefer not to do. We'd rather stay away from the scripted fights and make the credits our own way, and grind for profits the way that compliments our play style.

Crafting really doesn't compliment a PvP'ers play style, and neither does going in the Open World to farm those mats.

While a valid concern, this already happens - a lot. lol.

This still happens? Are you stuck at launch? :p

Please provide screenshots or something on how this still happens. Ever since the AFKing in Warzones was fixed a long time ago, I've never seen anyone AFK for a full match.

How many petitions does it take to change a light bulb?

It doesn't matter, petitions never change anything

Look at the "lol bolster" thread. Though the responses from the devs and Community Managers are sickening to look at, that garnered tons of responses for BW to finally take notice and acknowledge us for once.

Edited by MrJurgens

Don't worry. I know you're not insulting me. This is just a intelligent discussion. :p

Those stats you provided me on how much these mats are worth are relevant to your server, but I don't know how it works on my server. Also, you know this stuff because you're a crafter. I'm not. I don't know how the market works with crafting, and the reason why I'm not willing to do it is because I have lost a huge profit two times in the past with the GTN. I don't want to waste my credits on these mats, and I'd prefer that BW provide better rewards for PvP so we can grind it out that way.

In PvE, it's way faster and a lot easier. You have the base missions, the bonus missions, the loot from mobs, etc. They have more content which makes it exponentially easier for them to do all this. Not only that, but they can farm mats in the Open World while doing their dailies. PvP'ers can do the same thing, but it can and may involve some form of PvE, which is something we'd prefer not to do. We'd rather stay away from the scripted fights and make the credits our own way, and grind for profits the way that compliments our play style.

Crafting really doesn't compliment a PvP'ers play style, and neither does going in the Open World to farm those mats.

Yea I don't farm em in open world, I just hit the missions. Although, if you have NOTHING to do while waiting on the Queue and you have all your datacrons, Makeb is easy profit from mats.

But you are right, its hand over foot profit and money insanity comparing PvE to PvP. Like I said I can get behind that, but you *can* make money just fine while pvping with crafting is my point. You don't even waste credits, if you upload the stuff into the GTN after 30 minutes they sell for profit almost instantly at times.

Go look up Turadium and Mythra prices on your server (Much better profit than Artifact). Write em down on quanities and price. Board PM me later. I can give you a 5 minute convo on how to make money at 450 Scavenging literally and figuratively in your sleep. Same works for Biochem mats, I just haven't gotten that toon up high enough level yet to give concrete numbers. I kid you not, I made over 1 mil last week from ONE crafting mat type.

This still happens? Are you stuck at launch? :p

Please provide screenshots or something on how this still happens. Ever since the AFKing in Warzones was fixed a long time ago, I've never seen anyone AFK for a full match.

They don't stay at spawn.

They just kinda move every couple of minutes off in a corner or at a capped node. They don't even fight when attacked. They don't respond in Ops or whisper. This is most prevalent on Tue & Wed on BC as people are just doing dailies/weeklies. It's really annoying. With the rate that BW chases down blatant hackers with multiple reports and video, I figured this would be so bottom of the barrel it's not even worth the 60 seconds it takes to make a ticket.

Edited by Maelael

If you were really wanting to up your PVP game you would actually do at the very least a few OPS and flash points knowing you'd have an opportunity to pick up fast and strong rewards that will help you optimize your character and make you the credits needed for upgrades. Remember when One Eye is constantly fixed on the prize, there is only one eye left with which to to find the path. Also if you go through with at least one character to end of chapter 2 you get a boost that augments all your characters with that BUFF. This helps a lot if you die in PVP and no one is around to add those buffs back onto you. If you have team mates that tend to forget to rebuff upon death it helps to have all the buffs built into your character and buff yourself and others in one motion. Without all the buffs on it makes PVP a little harder if you go against a steroid induced team of Buffed players.

I personally took a small decrease in overall PVE gear to add in a few PVP mods to some of my gear and switch off gloves and lower robe when switching between the two environments. I don't often run into problems with NPC's as I do with PVP if I end up flagged for PVP so I like it a little more balanced for those surprise attacks while I'm trying to take on a boss as can happen on ILUM for instance after hitting the PVP area during a gree event etc. It's funny when they attack and you're like SURPRISE even at half health I still take you down and heal myself at the same time. I'm still waiting to get the ultimate gear and 30X Mods. I'm slowly getting there with the Ranked PVP comms.