SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Whoa! I stand corrected. This will apply to all Command Crates (including existing ones).

---Keith

Good to know! Once again, your timing is impeccable. :p I was about to go through a bunch of crates on a couple of alts. Look for my characters pre-Nov. 28th on an upcoming episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive (for those overseas, it's a cheesy U.S. TV show about pack rats who refuse to get rid of stuff).

Thanks,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Team

I am one of the stalwarts since beta, and remember fondly(?) the server queues and a time before Cartel Market, when you were always broke, and sprint was level 15 or something. So I was wondering what, as magicians, you were going to pull out of the hat. I think I'd probably sum up the RoadMap as a good effort on the limited resources you have available. I also think the Team should be applauded for better communications. However, and I suspect this will chime with many, I think what the SWTOR community is after is a better feeling of how EA (and to a lesser extent BW) intend to see the platform develop. Its coming up to 6 years, so you sort of feel there's a decision point coming: invest in updating game engine, release a large content package, bring back (or attract) players for another number of years. Or simply keep dribbling stuff out with a small team. You may argue by declaring your hand for the latter, you'll spark an exodus. I'd argue that by not doing the investment, you're bringing the "decline" into focus anyway. What I can't understand though is the IPR for Star Wars is big business; we're getting a new movie every year; the community love the universe - surely some targeted investment, to coincide with releases, is a winner for everyone? Sure, there'll be some risk on the margin for EA, but 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing? I hope this helps your discussions with the executives. B

Update on Strongholds: The cap is being increased to 10 and the Conquest bonus percentage will be hard-capped at 150 percent. Both changes will happen with Game Update 5.5.
Awesome! Will the cap for guild strongholds also be increased? It would be nice if we could have at least a second guild stronghold if not a couple more.

I would gladly pay for an expansion such as RotHC/SoR was. Those had planets/Ops/Flashpoints/stories/companions at least commented sometimes/dailies/reputation. Those were the days. When stuff for everyone was included. Not the pendulum swinging all the way to one group or all the way to another.

Hi Team

I am one of the stalwarts since beta, and remember fondly(?) the server queues and a time before Cartel Market, when you were always broke, and sprint was level 15 or something. So I was wondering what, as magicians, you were going to pull out of the hat. I think I'd probably sum up the RoadMap as a good effort on the limited resources you have available. I also think the Team should be applauded for better communications. However, and I suspect this will chime with many, I think what the SWTOR community is after is a better feeling of how EA (and to a lesser extent BW) intend to see the platform develop. Its coming up to 6 years, so you sort of feel there's a decision point coming: invest in updating game engine, release a large content package, bring back (or attract) players for another number of years. Or simply keep dribbling stuff out with a small team. You may argue by declaring your hand for the latter, you'll spark an exodus. I'd argue that by not doing the investment, you're bringing the "decline" into focus anyway. What I can't understand though is the IPR for Star Wars is big business; we're getting a new movie every year; the community love the universe - surely some targeted investment, to coincide with releases, is a winner for everyone? Sure, there'll be some risk on the margin for EA, but 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing? I hope this helps your discussions with the executives. B

/Like

Sure, there'll be some risk on the margin for EA

EA probably think everyone will go out and buy Battlefront (or subsequent versions). Just on that basis alone and how they don't give BioWare enough resources to truly polish SWTOR makes me not inclined to purchase any EA title. They haven't changed a bit.

Does this mean we will be getting new strongholds post patch 5.5? I'd love a Copero stronghold in Chiss style/architecture, like a hybrid between a mansion and military installation :)

How do you even know what Chiss style/architecture is? They are barely even canon.

Update on Strongholds: The cap is being increased to 10 and the Conquest bonus percentage will be hard-capped at 150 percent. Both changes will happen with Game Update 5.5.

Will the conquest bonus still be 25% for each fully decorated stronghold, or will it drop to 15% with this change?

Keith, are you going to read and use iur feedback? Esp about class balance.. It doesnt look like combat team has any idea what they are doing. Thz to the "balancing" it's pointless to play carnage mara since fury outperforms it, no sense to play viru sniper due to enji and mm being much better. Lethality is also weak in pvp... you really should read player's feedback

it's pointless to play carnage mara since fury outperforms it,

In PvE its the opposite of that. Carnage is OP and will be even more after Annihilation nerf. Noone plays fury. So, what should they do? Buff or nerf? With Lethality and Concealment, it's the same. If someone plays Op in Ops, he/she would play Lethality. If someone play Op in PvP, he/she will play Concealment.

Virulence: Marksman will receive a small nerf. Engi is useless in fights, where the Boss is moving around. Or do you know someone, who plays Engineering at Brontes, Styrak or Kephess? Virulence will find it's place in certain situations.

Edited by Exocor

Charles is "very aware of the desire" to get back to Rep vs Imp

What about those of us that truly want to be separate from Rep vs Imp?

KotFE started a fantastic way that many of us hoped would do just that, but instead, after claiming leadership of our own, we're being forced back into either the Sith Empire or Republic. Lorewise, the only way my character's legacy might possibly survive is through a third faction, seeing how the Sith Empire ultimately falls, and no one remembers the heroes of the Old Republic of this time.

That should be the road map?

Thats more a "Highway to hell"

-- No new Planet to explore

-- No new Questlines

-- No story content

-- ONE Boss in an operation (other games provide raids with 9 or more more bosses in a single patch)

Server merge as a great Feature - thank you for that b...s..t

I would not be that negative.

It's more like a band-aid on an hemorrhage.

At least we don't need a defibrillator yet.

I would not be that negative.

It's more like a band-aid on an hemorrhage.

At least we don't need a defibrillator yet.

LOL Form where I'm sitting we've about bleed out and the defibrillator won't do any good at this point. The band aid won't even be noticed.

Honestly, I was going to go point by point through it, but there is so much spin about GC, so much BS about balancing (like they nerfed everything now realize no one can do content so they have to nerf bosses, they'd be better off to revert and just buff the few really under performing classes, it would take less time and work.) There isn't anything I really find exciting. Merging servers is WAY too late at this point. They'll merge and they'll still feel dead. It's really too bad. So much wasted promise.

Cool! I'll be able to get the Umbara train ^_^

PS: any Arcann news? ;) ;) ;) ;)

After the twitch stream I feel some better. Keith was very accommodating and stayed a goodly time after to answer questions.

Dulfy posted a thread with a summary: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933774

As for Arcann and other companions:

Companions

Andronikos will be coming back as a companion a bit sooner, they got some story planned for him. Same for Keira and Scourge.

Companions actively being worked on for a return

Ensign Temple (5.6)

Arcann with Romance

Corso

Risha

Akaavi

Mako

Vector

Keira

Scourge

Dark Side Jaesa

Felix Iresso

Ashara

Companions that are not named doesn’t mean they won’t return.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't take the chance to ask the most important question to me. So, if you happen to see this Keith, could you read the thread posted in my signature? I know that it was fixed, I'm just concerned that because in my original pt of KotFE chapter 2 it wasn't acknowledged that Felix and my Consular were in a relationship that when he returns he will act as if they weren't together. Hope this made sense.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Charles confirmed Arcann romance on the stream!

And that Charles wants to do something more with class stories next year! Charles also said they are very aware people want to be able to move away from the Eternal Alliance and return to their original factions :D

And that Charles wants to do something more with class stories next year! Charles also said they are very aware people want to be able to move away from the Eternal Alliance and return to their original factions :D

Yeah, I can't wait! Bye Alliance.:rak_06: This was a really good stream, thanks Devs!:D

Yeah, I can't wait! Bye Alliance.:rak_06: This was a really good stream, thanks Devs!:D

Oh don't forget the devs basically confirmed the design team is working on an Acina eye colour appearance customization option but encountered some difficulties.

In other words, amazing roadmap, amazing stream!

Not all. I do not want to go back to the sith empire with my sorceress or my agent, especially my agent due to what they did to her.

Not all. I do not want to go back to the sith empire with my sorceress or my agent, especially my agent due to what they did to her.

Not all aye, but many nonetheless :) so I hope they will give us a choice to stay in the Alliance or abandon it

Edited by Ylliarus