pvp hack sadness

dasKube

So i was in a Denova this evening where the empire side had two nodes capped before the prep gates even opened. I noticed a specific well known empire pvp guild had at least 4 players in the game, but as i have no proof they were the ones hacking i will not name them.

Unfortunate as I have no interest in playing pvp matches unbalanced in this way. Sadly it takes away any enjoyment out of the game for me and i will be queing for less pvp matches in the future and dropping anytime i see this guild.

So i was in a Denova this evening where the empire side had two nodes capped before the prep gates even opened. I noticed a specific well known empire pvp guild had at least 4 players in the game, but as i have no proof they were the ones hacking i will not name them.

Unfortunate as I have no interest in playing pvp matches unbalanced in this way. Sadly it takes away any enjoyment out of the game for me and i will be queing for less pvp matches in the future and dropping anytime i see this guild.

pics or it didnt happen

Edited by bigheadbrandon

Man, that sucks...I was on my jugg one WZ and somehow someone on my team managed to have south capped the second the WZ started. Not sure if's a hack or just people taking advantage of a glitch that lets them out early. Regardless, it definitely ruins PVP for everyone. :(

Man, that sucks...I was on my jugg one WZ and somehow someone on my team managed to have south capped the second the WZ started. Not sure if's a hack or just people taking advantage of a glitch that lets them out early. Regardless, it definitely ruins PVP for everyone. :(

Ive seen this happen too. I believe folks in my group put a ticket in. It sucks but its not going to stop me from pvp'g. It really doesnt happen enough to ruin mine or my friends good time. We mostly laught about it and try to report when we see it.

Sad.

On the other hand, I know most of the top guilds know HOW to do this and just refrain from doing it. So, really, probably someone was goofing around. It isn't ranked.

On the other hand, Novarre Coast has been pretty wacky lately. I had a match end with a victory when we only had one node. So it could be totally unrelated to a player using the glitch.

Sad.

On the other hand, I know most of the top guilds know HOW to do this and just refrain from doing it. So, really, probably someone was goofing around. It isn't ranked.

On the other hand, Novarre Coast has been pretty wacky lately. I had a match end with a victory when we only had one node. So it could be totally unrelated to a player using the glitch.

If you lose the node when other team is at 2%, normally the gun from the node you still have will penetrate the bunkers shield with its next blast and end the game, been in a few of those ones.

Oh and if you know how to do it, probably a good idea to report it, they may get it fixed... by 2.7 patch.

Edited by Itchy_Bum

If you lose the node when other team is at 2%, normally the gun from the node you still have will penetrate the bunkers shield with its next blast and end the game, been in a few of those ones.

Oh and if you know how to do it, probably a good idea to report it, they may get it fixed... by 2.7 patch.

I believe I was the first person to figure this out, happened by chance a way while back. I've reported it several times without a response.

pics or it didnt happen

Sure kid. Nobody is hacking.

It's not frustrating or upsetting to those of us who don't, it's just... boring?

Why would anybody hack? You play a game. If you cheat, you're not playing. Everybody knows you're cheating, nobody respects or admires it, it's just kinda pathetic? Win or lose, playing a game if fun. Cheating is needy, sad, and childish.

It happens, but it happens WAY less than the forums, or Ops/General chat on the Republic side would have people believe. Some evenings are pitiful - the moment some carnage marauder pops pred, the whining starts.

/wrists.

That's not to say the OP didn't see what he saw, but there's a reason for the cynicism.

It happens, but it happens WAY less than the forums, or Ops/General chat on the Republic side would have people believe. Some evenings are pitiful - the moment some carnage marauder pops pred, the whining starts.

/wrists.

That's not to say the OP didn't see what he saw, but there's a reason for the cynicism.

I hope I am representative of the community when I say, I do not mind losing. When I know I am facing cheaters, I do not want to play.

I hope I am representative of the community when I say, I do not mind losing. When I know I am facing cheaters, I do not want to play.

And I don't want to play with cheaters. I don't PVP for wins, I do it for the fun and I have more fun when teams are balanced and I have to work for the win.

/wrists.

No I would 100% agree with Zach, I have seen maybe only 2 times I would consider people cheating in pvp. That being said the "apparent teleporting" due to lag is getting worse when people get knockback, rescued, guardian leaped or caught on some arcitecture (probably didn't spell it right).

Yeah, no doubt bugs and lag add to the problem. In one voidstar Reginlief told me I had dropped through the floor and was untargetable whilst on my screen I was just standing there pewpewing him. If it hadn't have been Reg, and if he hadn't known me, I'd have just been some random guy who disappeared and killed him whilst invisible (and invulnerable).

Yeah, no doubt bugs and lag add to the problem. In one voidstar Reginlief told me I had dropped through the floor and was untargetable whilst on my screen I was just standing there pewpewing him. If it hadn't have been Reg, and if he hadn't known me, I'd have just been some random guy who disappeared and killed him whilst invisible (and invulnerable).

Commandos are OP, they need a nerf! :D

you say hacking like there's a nerd behind pages of coding cackling madly while he rewrites the zeroes and ones of the game. =P

Report anything concrete that ruins your fun and let justice be had. but if a node being capped at the start of a game changes the outcome 10 minutes down the road, Ima be surprised. I haven't had a close Novare in unranked....in months. its always a huge margin of win or loss.

Edited by Xahrackus

I recently upgraded my computer and the first thing i noticed was a difinite decrease in the amount of things that looked like hacks. The biggest thing I have seen are speed hacks by classes you know do not have the ability to move like that.

Somethings people call hack on are folks who run thru fire or acid in huttball without damage but they dont know that sages or sorcs can bubble and sprint thru without damage or that certain classes have abilities to not take any damage for a limited time. So I think alot of time folks yell hack when in reality its a class mechanic.

I will always report something I can say without a doubt is impossible to do on a class like the jugg who sprinted once thru 2 fire pits to score lol it was so obvious it was funny even after he did it 3 times.

If your not sure then make a note of the person and watch for him again. also check what class they are could just be a class mechanic.

Some of this blame is on bioware for making the skills they did which in turn can appear to be alot like some of the "popular hacks". Some class are immune to snares pulls or knockdowns due to a mechanic, but all a person sees is a person whom has no resolve bar who cant be stunned or pulled and they dont know about said skills.

Edited by Burtlebe