Sentinel and healer

Jaimai

Hey!

My friend just started to lvl a sentinel and when i asked him wich class he thought would be the best to team up whit he said " well a healer is always nice"..... but sinse i never played a healer i have no idea what would be a good choice.

What would be your choice if you where me?=) tips and idéas are welcome!

We will probably do mostly PvE but also some PvP

Thanks for your time

I've done it several ways (for leveling). My first 50 was a tank, and I leveled primarily with a friend who had a sentinel and a DPS commando that he was leveling with me. My second 50 was a commando, and I leveled him as a healer with a shadow DPS. My sentinel I actually leveled with a gunslinger. We didn't even use our healer pets until he got Gus, it was just a group of four burst DPS. Nothing lived long enough to matter, which is what makes that leveling strategy so viable.

The absolute smoothest pair leveling experience I've ever had was as double DPS. You can't do the +4 heroics like you can with a healer/tank pair, but you more than make up for it by the speed which you burn through everything. When you go through an area, you practically never need to even stop moving. Just run from one trash mob to the next, melting them as you walk by.

If you do want to level as a healer though, your best choice (for simplicity) would be a Sage. The hardest part of healing is managing energy, and Sages have by far the simplest energy management. With that said, I enjoy scoundrel and commando healing much more than I enjoy sage healing. If I were to recommend a healer based on a purely class-enjoyment basis, I would have to say commando. All three of these healers will be able to heal a sentinel with no problems while leveling, though you might have a slightly easier time with a scoundrel as they are more mobile (sentinels are notorious for flying all over the place without thinking about the rest of their party).

If I were to recommend a healer based on a purely class-enjoyment basis, I would have to say commando.

Agreed. Commandos also get all of their AoE attacks very early (which your sentinel friend will have NONE of!), and a healer pet after the first planet. So if you decide you don't like healing, you can always switch to pure DPS, and let Elara take care of you. So yeah, my choice for leveling with a melee DPS friend would definitely be a commando.

My second choice would be a tank class, like a vanguard or shadow. This would probably allow you and your friend to do some heroic 4s, at least once you get Elara/Tharan.

Edited by NoFishing

My second choice would be a tank class, like a vanguard or shadow. This would probably allow you and your friend to do some heroic 4s, at least once you get Elara/Tharan.

This is absolutely true. Despite the fact that shadows are pitifully under-powered until the mid-40s, you can still do almost anything as a tank once you get your healer (Nar Shadaa). I could solo at-level Heroic 4s between careful use of stealth, cooldowns, self-heal (which used to be almost 2x as powerful) and my healer companion.

Edited by KeyboardNinja