Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

Jadarra

Reverse engineering may give a chance to learn the schematic. At least it's said to be possible for some oranges in 1.2 (not before it). So with some luck you can, but it's not guaranteed.

only orange items you can RE at the moment are weapons, to learn the schem and then Craft for an augment slot.

On a side note are there orange weapons to complement the look of the armours?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated with latest screenshots from RyougaAyanami, thanks so much! Also provided link to the awesome gallery.

It seems no one has done this yet for Armormech, so I might end up doing it this weekend, if I can find the time and bribe an Armormech for assistance :cool:.

As for the discussion of RE'ing orange gear for schematics, I have not seen anything specifically stating that is possible.

I have seen in the patch notes where NEW TIER 2 drops can be RE'd, here....

Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.

It does not specify orange gear, and it states Tier 2 (new) endgame items are the items in question.

There is also this tidbit from the Q&A a week or so ago.

CamoCladn: If I reverse engineer orange items, will I be able to obtain the schematics for them in Game Update 1.2? It would be great if I can get schematics to attempt to get augment slots as this would grant the ability to look just like I want.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): While in reverse engineering mode, items that can provide research variations will display a ‘Chance to Research a Schematic: x%’ tooltip. Otherwise, the tooltip will read “No Research Available.” Reverse Engineering to get Armormech Schematics pertains to the new endgame tier of Operation items and PvP Battlemaster/War Hero items.

I did find this in the Q&A as well

Arnathis: Can we please get an in-depth explanation of how gearing is going to work in Game Update 1.2? I understand that you can reverse engineer the gear and possibly learn the schematic but is that for everyone or just the people with the appropriate Crew Skills? Will this apply to the tier sets as well?

Georg Zoeller (Lead Combat Designer): This is a very broad question, but I’ll try to answer as comprehensively as possible, as the system is rather complex.

First off, in an ‘under the hood’ change to the game, end game items have more stat variety, allowing for significantly improved item customization for players that like to fine tune their stats.

The most important change for gear in Game Update 1.2 is that all previously modifiable purple gear has all their mods exposed, including the so called ‘base mod’ (Armoring, hilt, barrel). These can be freely moved into any empty (orange) appearance shell, giving you a lot more choices in your character’s appearance.

New end game gear (e.g. “Campaign Gear”) introduced with the Game Update has the added benefit that it keeps information about its set bonus on the armoring – but comes with the limitation that the extracted armoring can only be moved into an item of the same slot type (chest to chest, boot to boot, etc.). The reason for this ‘Bind to Slot’ behavior on armoring is that we do not want players to farm the initial boss of an Operation as the easiest way to obtain a full set of end game mods.

This means you can now take any custom (orange) appearance and imbue it with all the benefits of your end game set. As an added progression option, you can also acquire a critical crafted orange item with additional augment slots for even better stats.

Reverse Engineering has also received considerable improvements with Game Update 1.2.

For one, when attempting to reverse engineer an item (for which you indeed need the appropriate profession) you will now be able to see in the item tooltip what your chance to successfully reverse engineer a new schematic is (or if such a chance exists at all).

Many of the new end game items (and end game items going forward) can be reverse engineered to learn schematics based on the original item:

Reverse engineering an item with mods leads to empty orange equivalents of the end game items. This can be done after the mods are extracted and used in a different item!

The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.

Many different mods can now be reverse engineered which will grant you a schematic to craft that mod. (This is not possible on armoring that carry a set bonus.)

Reverse engineering non-modded items usually leads to a schematic for an equivalent item.

Reverse engineering an end game item also provides materials needed to craft these items. Operations materials are also Bind on Equip now, creating a more diverse market.

A crafting critical on these schematics will usually lead to an augment slot. For item mods, it results in an extra item.

Effectively, this means you can sell nearly full end game items (including augment slots on a critical success) one component at a time. However, doing so requires a significant upfront investment, it’s certainly not easy. This also means every profession now benefits from Reverse Engineering and can trade items.

Armormech produces certain Augments, Augmented Tech Armor

Armstech produces certain Augments, Augmented Weapons

Artifice produces Color Crystals, Enhancements, Augmented Shields and Relics

Biochem produces Augmented Implants

Cybertech produces Mods and Augmented Earpieces

Synthweaving produces certain Augments, Augmented Force Armor

Augment schematics (green) are found via Slicing missions and blue and purple variants of these augments can be researched via reverse engineering by the appropriate crafters. It is not possible to reverse engineer legacy augments obtained from slicing before the game update arrives, however. These are technically different items.

Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading.

Finally, a word on augment slots: with Game Update 1.2, crafters are the only source of augment slots in the game, significantly elevating their ability to contribute highly desirable items into the more open trade economy while enabling players to engage in end game using an appearance of their choice.

We have also heard at the Guild Summit and through community feedback on the Forums that many players have built up a significant stack of custom appearances for future use in their cargo holds and would really like to upgrade these with an augment slot to make them fully competitive as end game gear. We absolutely support this and will be introducing the ability to do so in a future Game Update.

My favorite part is the third paragraph from the bottom....

Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading.

If someone else has other information regarding the ability to Reverse Engineer Orange Items for schematics, please post the source here.

Wondering what items fall under this. Does orange gear you buy for commendations fall under this catagory?

Yes, but there is an earlier quote where they said most any modifiable piece will be open to RE. Although, everything since that has been contrary to that statement. In one of those Q&A's someone said a future update (post-1.2) would likely allow RE'ing of world orange drops. Sucks because I filled a bay with Supreme Inq stuff after they said you'd be able to RE almost any non quest reward for a schem.

Yeah. There was some backtracking on some of the initial statements.

Yeah, I totally recall them saying orange gear would be reverse engineerable to learn the schematic. Since the latest quotes all say the opposite it looks like I feel an even greater desire for the Traditional Brocart schematics... except for the headgear that I already have 2 of and which is the only piece people are throwing on the GTN from time to time on my server.

At least I have the Traditional Demicot pieces I like and I think both headband schematics (Sorcerer's and Traditional Thermoweave). So I can live with it for a while.

Chiss Assassin here I come!... tomorrow.

hmm, well there is this from a developer blog Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2 The date of the blog is 3/20/2012.

Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game.

That does make it confusing. They've said two different things. Wonder which one is correct?? Can you RE orange armor for schems as stated above, or do the schems come from discovery missions as stated in the Q&A? Or is it going back to what they said in the Q&A, that they were talking about purple modifiable gear from new end game operations?

Edited by Jadarra

RE rate better be sky high.

Im fine with a semi low crit % on crafteds, but the RE rate to gain new schematics better damn well be near 100%...

I don't fully agree. Part of me does, part of me doesn't. If something is supposed to be rare then it shouldn't be near 100% to reverse engineer, as that can easilly lead to the market being flooded with said item. On the other hand getting that rare drop and it not being augmentable can be a turnoff. I feel you should be able to try if you choose to, but with low enough odds to make people just want to use it instead.

A fairly common drop should at least be reverse engineerable with an acceptable chance, doesn't need to be 100% or even 50%, but enough to make people feel they can take the chance.

I found an orange wristpiece several days back, I want to RE that and learn the schematic. You can only get those from drops as far as I have seen. If it gives me a 10% chance I'll probably try it, if it's 1% I'll probably pass.

Edited by Lyshar

During the initial launch of 1.2 before it came crashing down again. I noticed that the RE Chance from green to blue is 20% and from blue to purple is 10%. I also noticed that on the orange items i didn't see and RE chance, which i understood was to display as well. I also was led to believe that they'd give you a breakdown as to what you'd get from the RE in terms of Mats. I may be missing where this is displayed but I haven't see it at all

Oranges can't be RE'd it seems, I looked at the rollover info on my orange wristpiece, no chance noted. I didn't see any specification of potential RE material gain either.

But now with this mess I wonder what happened with the crafting order I send to my companion. Will I get my orange crafts? Will my crafts have any chance to be criticals?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hey trying to keep this thread up! I've now got a 10% RE chance on my purple items. Will that give me a chance to make them legendary (dark purple/blue) or to RE it to always craft with an augment slot?

Don't know, I think either other purple schematics, or orange versions of the same item. But it's not impossible that it could lead to even better stuff.

I did get a critical craft on my first orange crafting attempt, which took me over the friday patching mayhem. Tried a lot of headgear without any luck so far.

But beyond that, crafted oranges can't even be reverse engineered for materials.

Unfortunately still no luck in getting the traditional brocart schematics, at least with that chest you should be able to supress the hood using a headband. Need a hood down option.

Don't know, I think either other purple schematics, or orange versions of the same item. But it's not impossible that it could lead to even better stuff.

I did get a critical craft on my first orange crafting attempt, which took me over the friday patching mayhem. Tried a lot of headgear without any luck so far.

But beyond that, crafted oranges can't even be reverse engineered for materials.

Unfortunately still no luck in getting the traditional brocart schematics, at least with that chest you should be able to supress the hood using a headband. Need a hood down option.

Same here, I got all my BM Orange Set except the Headgear augmented, and I've tried so many times already. Wonder if its bugged?

I have searched high and low over the mighty internets, and cannot for the life of me figure out who trains or drops the schematic for

Warrior's Pulsing Imperial Appearance

27 - Warrior's Pulsing Greaves

27 - Warrior's Pulsing Chestguard

Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?

Edited by FriarChuggs

Apparently a trainer in Quesh can train Traditional Demicot Vestments

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/914/traditional_demicot_vestments/#trained-by

I cant find him however :mad: anyone know here Sergeant Clomen is?

I highly doubt that is accurate. That link also says he's an Armstech trainer. That means that even if he wants to train it he won't be able to. Synthweavers for whom the recipe would be intended can't talk to him, and Armstechies would get an error message like Artificers used to get with mods I think.

Nor do I think it would be a good thing if it were true, working and intentional.

Is it possible to get orange Primeval seekers robe craft (I love the look and want to have augmented version)? Don't have screenshot handy, its similar to annointed demicot robe but with shoulderpads. Edited by Arunas