Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

To bad we have to wait longer, but the extra features surely make it worth it.

A few small questions though,

Does this mean that people who are subscribed on both may 11th and july 15th get 8 additional rooms, or is it a maximum of 5? My guess is that those subscribed on may 11th get 5 whatever happens, and those who weren't, but are subscribed on july 15th get 3.

Do we get to see only the companions of your own character or is it possible to place companions there for your entire legacy to see?

Are the strongholds separated by faction, or could i walk in with my bounty hunter on my nar shaddaa stronghold and see my consular stuff(/companion?) there. Although the tatooine addition might answer that already, as the stronghold will probably be in your faction specific starting city.

I am looking very much forward to this expansion!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds"

Awesome! I just hope I can talk to my Companions in my strongholds. That would be a nice thing. Especially when I'm recording the Companion stories! (JUST MAKE SURE DYE MODS ON COMPANION ARMOR WORKS! :p)

I know, I want to display my speeders like the Czerka one when I get it, just like it is displayed on CZ-198 in the flashpoint :)

What this means is that if you are a subscriber on both dates, you will have one Palace with 5 rooms unlocked. It isn't a "stacking" type of thing. June is a basically a smaller version of the May promotion.

-eric

Thank you for the clarification, I had a feeling it was the 5 room only part but I wanted to ask and be shure. I am very excited by all this.

Read Bruce Maclean's Producer Letter on Galactic Strongholds.

Read More

This is all awesome, but for fear of being labelled Oliver by proferring my bowl and saying "Please sir can I have some more"? Can I request that you include some smaller scale conquest objective events for SMALLER guilds.

As there are MANY smaller guilds out there that are that way by design and would still like to be able to do some events with our guilds like this but know that numerically there is just NO WAY we would ever be able to compete for planetary conquest control against the larger more populous guilds.

So how about including some smaller conquest events like Secure X objective or base.. that smaller guilds can do to gain lesser benefits. As this would still allow us to feel like were participating and benefitting to.

thanks

My guild has a few questions:

(1) Companions- Is there an option to leave them out of the strongholds?

(2) Other Players- Is there an option to allow another person access to the stronghold (where you share access)

(3) The decorations are they allowed anywhere we would like.

Other than that this looks nice.

Have a nice day.

Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can :)

-eric

Thanks for sticking around and answering what you can!

I'll ask a question that I think you probably can't answer yet.

Could you give us an idea of order of magnitude for the base cost for the top of the line Guild flagship? Should we be thinking millions, tens of millions, or hundreds of millions after adding important features but before adding decorations?

Edited by DarthTHC

• Dev Post

Some questions I am seeing in the thread...

• Companions in Strongholds - I am not sure this is locked down yet but I will see if I can find an answer on specifics.
  • Guild Conquests - We are not ready yet to go into super specifics. We will definitely have a blog on this in the future to explain how it all works!
  • How do I place decorations? - This is also something we will go into a bit more detail on in the future.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

First, just wanna say that I think it is great you all are pushing this back in order to make sure that we will be able to access all of the content plus the new additions.

Now my questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that we will be able to have more than one stronghold? If we want to are we able to purchase strongholds on each of the planets?

2. In addition to the above question, I am guessing that the strongholds on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant will be not only faction specific within the legacy, is this a correct assumption?

3. Will players below level 55 (or max level if it changes) be able to participate in the quests to conquer planets?

4. Will conquering planets be limited to just the planets that we are currently able to visit, or will there be new planets introduced that we are able to conquer? (Don't expect an in-depth answer to this one haha)

5. Lastly, when a guild conquers a planet does it have any effects on the actual planet, or is it more of just an additional quest-line?

That's all I have for now, looking forward to the answers!

~ GamerSoul

Hi,

How will guild size affect conquest mode? If it is simply racking up points by grinding dailies it will be a huge advantage to the largest guilds. Can you give us any more details as I'm hopeful it will be more complicated than the current Rep system.

Adding the "summoning stone" functionality to Guild Flagships alone would have me doing the happy dance - the Conquest Events system, Tatooine Homestead, and ability to place Mounts, Pets and Companions* sound outright fantastic!

Thanks for the update and transparency, totally on-board with having a delay in exchange for the expanded functionality you're talking about here - especially with the additional rewards being added into the May 11th subscription date.

QUESTION: The Original Road Map put 2.8 at June 10th, but it was pushed back to June 24th for the sake of the Strongholds content - with Stronghold Early Access being pulled out of that patch, is 2.8 moving back to June 10?

*I can understand Mounts and Pets not having been an original part of the plan, but placing Companions wasn't already going to be a feature? Really?

• Dev Post
First, just wanna say that I think it is great you all are pushing this back in order to make sure that we will be able to access all of the content plus the new additions.

Now my questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that we will be able to have more than one stronghold? If we want to are we able to purchase strongholds on each of the planets?

2. In addition to the above question, I am guessing that the strongholds on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant will be not only faction specific within the legacy, is this a correct assumption?

3. Will players below level 55 (or max level if it changes) be able to participate in the quests to conquer planets?

4. Will conquering planets be limited to just the planets that we are currently able to visit, or will there be new planets introduced that we are able to conquer? (Don't expect an in-depth answer to this one haha)

5. Lastly, when a guild conquers a planet does it have any effects on the actual planet, or is it more of just an additional quest-line?

That's all I have for now, looking forward to the answers!

~ GamerSoul

You will be able to have more than one Stronghold, yup! The rest of your questions unfortunately will need to be answered at a later date ;)

-eric

Thanks for the update. I'm still super excited about strongholds.

I'm very happy to hear that companions, pets, etc can be used as "decorations" and won't automatically show up. I do both progression raiding and RP, so I'm planning on having at least one stronghold for trophies and one for in character stuff. So my question is - is everything in a stronghold going to be like a decoration?

Because while I love operation training dummies, I don't necessarily want one standing in the background during a very important conversation or something. Being able to toggle off companions from inside your house was something a lot of roleplayers wondered about, so I guess I'm just asking about the rest of the stuff you can have.

Thanks for sticking around and answering what you can!

I'll ask a question that I think you probably can't answer yet.

Could you give us an idea of order of magnitude for the base cost for the top of the line Guild flagship? Should we be thinking millions, tens of millions, or hundreds of millions after adding important features but before adding decorations?

Why would we have to buy it?

"thanks for saving countless planets... here's the bill"? loll if the Republic or Empire can't assign us a guild ship and crew without cost they can save thier own frakking universe :D

[*]How do I place decorations? - This is also something we will go into a bit more detail on in the future.

-eric

Grrr! Just tell us...you'll either please us all tremendously, or we'll all be able to moderate our expectations. Why can't you tell us NOW? It's a very simple answer...it's a very basic question Eric. Pegs? Item slots? Freedom? If so, how much? X, Y and Z axis?

Thanks for the further info (and the extra round of goodies)! Antsier than ever to start tinkering with this stuff, but knowing that more awesomeness is being put into it makes the waiting a wee bit more tolerable. ;)

Well then I have good news! Strongholds are Legacy wide, not character specific :rak_01:

-eric

I'm actually not crazy about this concept, but I can hold out hope that the Strongholds will be more like apartment buildings and less like frat houses :p (Not literally -- although being a landlord might be fun ;P -- but with the capability to make a clear separation of living spaces.) I suspect that's something that won't become clear until showtime, though. ;)

Edited by Jenovan